General Q&A

Michael

17 minutes ago, TheFred said:

One typically does, in gestalt, but it also makes no difference until L2 anyway. 🤷‍♂️

I know, but some DM's/GM's simply don't. I'm likely planning on mixing a couple classes / prestige classes (if selected of course) simply to create the concept of the character. I want to be careful with BAB for a predominantly martial character due to that fact. The truth of the matter being that it really doesn't matter that much anyways with our Outsider HD being good BAB + all good Saves of course. I guess I'm just more curious than anything I suppose. 😄

@Michael
In regards to sizes. I don't mind if chosen to play, staying at max Large.
When picking a monster that is Huge, the ability scores are already taking into consideration the size increases, so when we stat them out over the ECL in monster class levels, growing in size is just space/reach and damage dice, but not stats/natural armor increases.

Like my Abyssal Drake has a STR 29 at huge. If he was Medium, his strength would actually be 13. That brings to question. If we are capped at Large, do we still use the monster statblock for bonuses?

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

@Michael
In regards to sizes. I don't mind if chosen to play, staying at max Large.
When picking a monster that is Huge, the ability scores are already taking into consideration the size increases, so when we stat them out over the ECL in monster class levels, growing in size is just space/reach and damage dice, but not stats/natural armor increases.

Like my Abyssal Drake has a STR 29 at huge. If he was Medium, his strength would actually be 13. That brings to question. If we are capped at Large, do we still use the monster statblock for bonuses?

Yes, the size adjustment thing is a bit of bookkeeping too far.

5 hours ago, Ryfte said:

Are we ignoring the "Type Pyramid" craziness? (for those using templates)

I had rather hoped we were avoiding any type object craziness altogether, given my very clear regard of multi template creatures together with the whole concept of this game, which, I would have hoped, is pretty clear.

The type pyramid, frankly, also doesn't make much sense, given that the very same book has a template for turning constructs into humans - something that it thinks shouldn't be possible. (And, later web articles and things from WotC have just ignored it)

I did consider asking about a lichfiend, because that seems cool (and not against the spirit of the game) but went with something different anyway so didn't bother. 🙂