OoC Stuff

Svartalf

12 hours ago, Svartalf said:

@Jedaii is my backstory to your taste, or do you find him too evil?

Looks fine. Sword & Sorcery characters aren't the usual heroes. They're in it for themselves, primarily.

2 hours ago, Excior said:

I know nothing at all about Lemuria

Same. I suggest reading the intro stuff about the Sorcerer-Kings since that's like basic setting knowledge (like a story you tell kids to scare them, since it was long, long ago I believe). It's only a couple pages.

Looking at a map might be beneficial just for placement and scope of the world-size. (Check Google)

You may want to scroll through the bestiary real quick just to see how weird the animals are too! Lot of dinosaur-inspired stuff.

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Same. I suggest reading the intro stuff about the Sorcerer-Kings since that's like basic setting knowledge (like a story you tell kids to scare them, since it was long, long ago I believe). It's only a couple pages.

Looking at a map might be beneficial just for placement and scope of the world-size. (Check Google)

You may want to scroll through the bestiary real quick just to see how weird the animals are too! Lot of dinosaur-inspired stuff.

Ive skimmed through the book but didnt read the history part. There is a map in this forum

Skimming is all that's required...maybe not even that. It's a barbaric time as man has eked its way back among the savage wilds after the fall of the sorcerer-kings.

The setting is lightly sketched. It was based on Lin Carter's Lemuria, which was actually quite colorful with very interesting and quirky names. Simon Washbourne converted to his own version of it, filing of the serial numbers. If you ever would want to get into the origins of the setting in greater depth, it would be those novels. They're not great literature, but fun reads.

Washbourne's version means we can always make it our own.

22 minutes ago, roryb said:

Skimming is all that's required...maybe not even that. It's a barbaric time as man has eked its way back among the savage wilds after the fall of the sorcerer-kings.

The setting is lightly sketched. It was based on Lin Carter's Lemuria, which was actually quite colorful with very interesting and quirky names. Simon Washbourne converted to his own version of it, filing of the serial numbers. If you ever would want to get into the origins of the setting in greater depth, it would be those novels. They're not great literature, but fun reads.

Washbourne's version means we can always make it our own.

Roger that