OoC Stuff

Svartalf

29 minutes ago, Excior said:

Also Enough Talk (throw dagger at bad guy)

I have nightmares from this. During my first ever campaign as a GM (still very low level D&D 3.5), I had a hobgoblin jump out of an alcove and begin to monologue. He was supposed to give the party a clue about where to go next. Instead, the most experienced player at the table interrupts me and says, "Throwing axe!"

He... he rolled a crit! It killed my hobgoblin who still had things to say!!

So, I had a bunch of random goblins "spawn in" and go on about "Oh no, you killed Mogokimlik! He was the summoner of the tides! blah blah blah" and deliver the exposition anyways LMAO. The lesson is: never give your players an inch hahaha :)

@Jedaii Mmm hmm, you heard me. I like that scene/trap because I made my players do it in a dungeon once. Ah yes, those early years when I spent 2 weeks crafting the next session and designing my own weird traps and "in game animations" based on things I heard in a song.

13 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I have nightmares from this. During my first ever campaign as a GM (still very low level D&D 3.5), I had a hobgoblin jump out of an alcove and begin to monologue. He was supposed to give the party a clue about where to go next. Instead, the most experienced player at the table interrupts me and says, "Throwing axe!"

So, I had a bunch of random goblins "spawn in" and go on about "Oh no, you killed Mogokimlik! He was the summoner of the tides! blah blah blah" and deliver the exposition anyways LMAO. The lesson is: never give your players an inch hahaha 🙂

@Jedaii Mmm hmm, you heard me. I like that scene/trap because I made my players do it in a dungeon once. Ah yes, those early years when I spent 2 weeks crafting the next session and designing my own weird traps and "in game animations" based on things I heard in a song.

You ever do an adventure based on Hotel Calforina?

18 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Nope. Never heard of one either. What's the connection?

You said you make traps based on what you herd in a song.

Hotel California is the place where you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

So, I had a bunch of random goblins "spawn in" and go on about "Oh no, you killed Mogokimlik! He was the summoner of the tides! blah blah blah" and deliver the exposition anyways LMAO. The lesson is: never give your players an inch hahaha 🙂

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Svartalf said:

Thanks for the invite, I did not expect to be in the first batch of approvals.

Welcome to The Show 😃

One of my favourite things in S&S is the set pieces, the fights are always somewhere cool, like a poisonous swamp or high on a windswept bridge or on top of a broken tower or fighting up a narrow pass on the face of a cliff or in a quickly flooding cave or in a burning building.

2 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

One of my favourite things in S&S is the set pieces, the fights are always somewhere cool, like a poisonous swamp or high on a windswept bridge or on top of a broken tower or fighting up a narrow pass on the face of a cliff or in a quickly flooding cave or in a burning building.

I love that too. Or in a maze of office cubicles fighting to get to the water cooler.

I know its extra work for the DM, but I love it when I see a baddy hoisted on his own petard, the way the red sorcerer got sent to the dungeon by his own ape in Rogues in the House, or when the Pythonian wizard turns on those who thought he'd be a tool in the Hour of the Dragon

Edited by Svartalf (see edit history)