OoC Stuff

Svartalf

Hero points are insanely power. The quick and dirty of Hero points...

You start with 5 Hero Points. (marked by the Gods gets you +1). And you can spend them to do some pretty big things..

• Essentially gain a bit of narrative power over a scene, you could spend a HP and say 'i find a loose stone in the wall and use it as a weapon to attack the guard
  • You can literally use it to Defy Death. So if you get knocked to -1 health, you can just... not die and be at 0 instead.
  • You can use it to totally negate an attack, but in doing so you destroy a weapon or shield.
  • You can use it to reroll a Task Roll (even if its an automatic failure on a 1, 1)
  • If you succeed on a task roll (or just roll two 6's) its automatically a successful roll, however you can use a hero point to further enhance it to a Mighty Success. That gives you a bunch of even BIGGER things you can do
  • - Add +6 to your damage.
  • - Make an entire extra attack
  • - Knock an opponent down and throw them back several paces (say, off a cliff) and they suffer a penalty die the next round
  • - Make a called shot against a body party to impose a future penalty
  • - Choose to remove X number of Rabble from play (they aren't technically dead but they are no longer combatants). If you rolled a damage of, say, 6, you just remove six rabble from combat.
  • You can also use a Hero Point to use an action and heal 1d6 lifeblood

AND if you roll a natural six (any two 6's on your dice) That is AUTOMATICALLY a Mighty Succeed (because you succeeded AND rolled 12), you can increase it to a LEGENDARY success. This lets you choose TWO Mighty Success options for the cost of one Hero Point. For example, you could choose to add 6 do your damage (making your damage, say, 12) then Rabble Slayer which removes now 12 enemies from combat.

2 minutes ago, Excior said:

will the invite be sent to my Inbox like on OGMW?

You should? You definitely get a notification of the invite, which what I always click on. At the moment I'm waiting on technical assistance regarding this forum.

16 minutes ago, Jedaii said:

You should? You definitely get a notification of the invite, which what I always click on. At the moment I'm waiting on technical assistance regarding this forum.

I've had this issue as well.

You need to put the game in Closed status and make sure to delete anything that's listed in the advertising date box. I was having an issue where it wouldn't update because I still had a date there; after changing the date to the past, it worked (but the fix for that should already be implemented; defaults to like 50 years ago). You can't send invites on the Public setting.

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I've had this issue as well.

You need to put the game in Closed status and make sure to delete anything that's listed in the advertising date box. I was having an issue where it wouldn't update because I still had a date there; after changing the date to the past, it worked (but the fix for that should already be implemented; defaults to like 50 years ago). You can't send invites on the Public setting.

Yeah. Did that. Mods say it's a bug that'll get fixed later, so please chat amongst thineselves and if you have rules, setting, adventure related questions, fire away.

Just for figgles: everybody give me a cool scene you'd like to RP (in a Sword & Sorcery setting).

4 hours ago, Jedaii said:

Just for figgles: everybody give me a cool scene you'd like to RP (in a Sword & Sorcery setting).

I dunno how you'd incorporate it, but I aaaaalways loved the scene in Conan the Destroyer where he's fighting the wizard who's only weakness is the glass mirrors. I thought it was a great boss fight kind of scene, because in that moment, Conan had to rise to the occasion and use more than brawn to win. (Okay, sure, he accidentally figured it out, but we can just say the GM threw his player a bone after 3 back-to-back failures LOL)

Let's see, something a bit more on the nose.... Oh! How about fighting on a small natural bridge with pits of acid on either side. And an army of skeletal creatures are climbing out. And we've got to solve a puzzle WHILE fighting. (suspiciously specific scene is specific)

49 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I dunno how you'd incorporate it, but I aaaaalways loved the scene in Conan the Destroyer where he's fighting the wizard who's only weakness is the glass mirrors. I thought it was a great boss fight kind of scene, because in that moment, Conan had to rise to the occasion and use more than brawn to win. (Okay, sure, he accidentally figured it out, but we can just say the GM threw his player a bone after 3 back-to-back failures LOL)

Let's see, something a bit more on the nose.... Oh! How about fighting on a small natural bridge with pits of acid on either side. And an army of skeletal creatures are climbing out. And we've got to solve a puzzle WHILE fighting. (suspiciously specific scene is specific)

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, Excior said:

Anything where I can use the phrase if it bleeds it can be killed

Yes. That can be accomplished 😃

ร—
ร—