Chapter 1: By the Pricking of my thumb....

Michael

DESCRIPTION Kaida was once a powerful and beautiful creature. She had sweeping wings, full and strong, and glorious horns! Her body was a powerful killing machine through which poisonous toxins flowed to strike down her enemies with. Her body had been strong and hardy, capable of going toe to toe with devils of much higher ranks than she.

Now she is but a pale echo of what she once was.

She was never a hulking creature and that is still true. Not even reaching two feet in height she is as tiny as ever. Her wings are small, much less muscle supporting their frame, and her tail, as long and sinuous as ever, was tipped by a stinger that was coated in what should have been a vibrantly colored sap-like toxin. Instead it was dull, and watery, quite weak indeed.

Her choice of color is always black and gray when given the option. Sometimes she'll stray from the more "bland" colors to exceedingly dark blues and purples but she does so very rarely. Clothing with folds and hidden pouches or pockets for concealed weapons are always of interest to her and she is rarely without a hooded vest.
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngKaida Reombath Attor
Female, Tiny Outsider (Baatezu, Extraplanar, Evil, Lawful), Imp, Swordsage 1

AC/TAC/FFAC: 16/15/12 HP: 10/10 S/D/C/I/W/C: 0/+4/+3/+1/+3/+0 F/R/W: +5/+6/+5 Move: 20' Init: +5
See in Darkness (Su)Kaida, like other devils, can see perfectly in any form of darkness as if it were full daylight.; Tail StingMelee Attack, 10' Reach, 1d4+StrMod, 20/x2

Poison
Fort save DC 16
Dexterity 1 (primary) / Dexterity 1 (secondary)
MA +3, 1d4+Poison (20/x2); Concealment 20% vs. Ranged and Melee
Balance +8, Escape Artist +10, Hide +16, Listen +7, Move Silently +8, Search +5, Spot +7, Survival +7, Tumble +8
Maneuvers: Burning Blade (DW), Counter Charge (SS), Mighty Throw (SS),
Shadow Blade Tech. (SH)Shadow Hand Strike 1; Supernatural
Standard action melee attack vs. 1 target

You create a mystical double of your attack and roll two d20's for your attack vs. the target. Select the roll you want to use. If its the higher one its a normal attack. If you use the lower attack (or if both rolls are the same result) and the attack hits then you deal an extra 1d6 points of cold damage as both strikes hit.
, Child of Shadow (SH, Stance)Shadow Hand 1 Stance; Supernatural

If you move at least 10' during your turn you gain concealment against all melee and ranged attacks until the start of your next turn as well as the standard benefits of concealment. This cannot be used to hide in any form, you still need some other terrain feature that would normally allow you to use the Hide skill.

The small devil all but breaks out in full bodied laughter at the strange scene and how its unfolded. Leaning over she gathers herself for a moment, "Considering we were going to eat you, and really everyone else in here I think, this is quite the diversion from our original intent..." Her tiny grin was clearly one of amusement given the current situation as she straightened up, folding her arms and watching the others. Obviously she didn't really care one way or another what the outcome was, as long as there was some violence and snacking along the way. "I mean, I'm fine with whatever you guys want to do... if we go for a carriage ride its at least keeping us out of sight. After we have a bit of a frolic of violence and snack of course. You could share a bit more about your world her in general perhaps as well, at least I would be interested in learning a bit more.... and our chatty one I'm sure"

OoC

Summary: ---

Full Round: ---
Move: ---
Standard: ---
Swift: ---
Immediate: ---
5' Step: ---

Current Effects:

• Concealment 20% from all ranged and melee attacks; Child of Shadows Stance

image.png.ba86e92d385211bcc926f1906cf71c25.png"Done then. I'm sure this one" He thumbs toward the servant "will be willing to continue packing and serve you well. How about the directions to the Paladins and a layout then? May as well sate ourselves then move on to leave the ruckus behind."

He waits for the things she has offered. To the others he supposes "Do we want the bandits there as fodder or just do this ourselves?"

The Witch provides a detailed layout and directions to the paladin's camp. She says that there are 4 paladins, each accompanied by 2 senior squires, for a total camp of 12 people. At night they rotate 4 overlapping watches of 1 paladin and 3 squires.

I have updated the roll 20 map to show the layout. No dynamic lighting because it doesn't work well as we have seen. But the trees do provide cover and obscure vision. During the night the 3 off duty paladins have their own tent, the squires are 2 to a tent.

Molgrug

Molgrug listens intently to the account of the paladin camp, asking a lot of stupid and annoying questions.

"Very good, very good," he says, finally. "If this information proves to be correct, we may have to let you live after all! Wouldn't that be nice?"

He turns to the others.

"Well, a visit to these paladins, that certainly seems like something we should consider - ought to slake your bloodlust for a bit, eh, big guy? I knew a yagaloth like that - couldn't get him to concentrate on anything until he'd butchered a few furry animals or somesuch..." Perhaps realising that he's in danger of digressing again, he clears his throat, and continues: "Well, why don't a couple of you search this place, see what you can find?"

He peers around the room, looking for anything of interest.

"Yes, hmm... I suggest we split the area up into quadrants, and assign each quadrant to a primary and secondary searcher. Now, normally I wouldn't suggest so - ha - elaborate a process, but I wouldn't trust this wily mortal as far as I could throw her, so we should instate a protocol for the avoidance of any magical traps or tricks that might be in place. I propose the primary searcher does all the rummaging and opening whilst the secondary watches for any sign of exploding runes or poisoned needles... Sepia Snake Sigils... devouring bags, mimics... anyway, if you find anything, just catalogue it, and give me a full report when you're done."

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 9/9 [B]AC:[/B] 15, [B]Touch:[/B] 11, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 13 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Spells:[/B] Command, Resurgence, [strike]Obscuring Mist[/strike], Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, Init: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-footed: 13
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison)
Spells: Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist , Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light
Special: None
Name
Spot
1d20+7 5

Unsurprisingly to everyone except perhaps Molgrug, the other fiends do not leap to do Molgrug's bidding, instead standing in place somewhat uncertainly. It's clear at least a few of them favour the witch's words over the 'lolth's. She looks around the room, eyes narrowing as she thinks about the best way forward. She then says

The boxes downstairs are being filled with various artworks and fineries. The ex-mayor had quite an eye for such and purloined pieces on occasion as they passed through this cess pit of a trading stop. Really though only of value to someone with appropriate connections to fence them. Feel free to go see if you don't believe me, although then you'll have to silence the servants, and anyone that happens to hear you silencing them, and then anyone else in the town that notices...you up for that?

You'll certainly not find any "magical traps", or magical anything else for that matter beyond what I carry. I am a priestess, all I need are a holy symbol, the favour of my God and some mundane materials.

She pauses, then with a sigh continues

However, Huntsbridge did have a magic dagger, two potions of healing and a ring of feather fall. You'll find them in that box over there on that table. My items remain mine, unless you want me as an enemy and look to work your own way out of this hovel hundreds of miles from anywhere interesting.

image.png.736946dbe5338b68725452358a489886.pngWith a smirk, Creed notes "Actually yes, I am up for that. But maybe now is not the time."

He looks at the others. "Let's get us some Paladin blood and move on. A city sounds like a far more appropriate place to begin our search for a way to contact those to whom we owe fealty."

He walks to the table and uplifts one of the potions of healing. Not expecting any argument, Creed looks at the priestess. "Lead the way sweetheart."

We'll move to the combat map, assume it's night time so anyone in a tent is asleep, you have a few bandits and the priestess in support, which I will place, feel free to position yourself anywhere you like on the map (within reason, so somewhere behoind a tree within about 20' is fine) and roll init.

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

Vrockv2.png.7061aa1e9941662b23152259ccde478f.pngKerapsis|Female, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Vrock, Cleric 1

HP: 11/11 | AC/Touch/FF: 16/12/14 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +4/+2/+3/+0/+3/+0 | F/R/W: +5/+4/+5 | Speed: 30ft | Spells Active: 

Kerapsis crouches behind a tree as she examines those on guard at the camp, waiting to make her move.

Actions

Name
Init
1d20+2 15

Molgrug

Molgrug is ready to call the tiny human's bluff; better to kill her and make their own way. When Creed accepts, however, he decides not to argue the point. After all, if there's one thing that Yugoloths are good at, it's playing the long game. The very long game, typically.

"We should agree on a plan of attack!" He declares, after the group have arrived at the paladin camp. "I have, personally, undertaken an extensive literature review into battlefield tactics, and this situation definitely brings to mind a passage from The Tygrian Conquests Through the Lens of Modern Geopolitical Theory, 1879-1919 YR which, though focused more on the longer-term implications of the titular wars on the plane from which it originates, has a surprising relevance to the theory of asymmetrical infantry combat. Now, if you'll all just settle down a moment, I'll explain."

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 9/9 [B]AC:[/B] 15, [B]Touch:[/B] 11, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 13 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Spells:[/B] Command, Resurgence, [strike]Obscuring Mist[/strike], Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Spells: Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist , Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light
Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

image.png.736946dbe5338b68725452358a489886.pngWith a flat stare, Creed looks at the Arcanaloth. "You got about 5 minutes to lay out your plan before we go in ripping throats out. If you can explain in that time, do so. Otherwise I recommend you lay down your fog, we eliminate the sentries as quietly as possible. Then we slaughter the rest in their sleep."

He folds his arms, and sniffs the air before realising his keen senses still haven't returned to him. His eyes narrow on Molgrug, sure the loth could be of some use in the future but the amount he babbled... Not worth worrying until the creature was a liability.

Molgrug

"Well, now, let's be reasonable! This is... well, it's strategy! These things take time!" Molgrug huffs, melodramatically. "Besides, I cannot simply "lay down fog" - unfortunately, the spell that I have - one of the few scrolls I have which survived the transition even partially undamaged - is, sadly, a mere trifle... barely more than a cantrip... I have, actually, developed a system for the categorisation of such things and..."

Molgrug eyes Creed, clearly about to launch into another lengthy and tedious explanation, before thinking better of it.

"Well, frankly, you wouldn't understand," he says, instead. "Anyway, the point is, the range of this fog spell is, unfortunately, quite reduced as compared with the more powerful weather spells with which I am familiar, so it can only be brought to bear correctly when we are already close to our targets, rather limiting its utility as a means of cover."

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 9/9 [B]AC:[/B] 15, [B]Touch:[/B] 11, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 13 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Spells:[/B] Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Spells: Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light
Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

image.png.00ecc48aa6a0ae820890287c63ae3ae6.pngCreed slips forward through the shadows as he eyes up one of the sentries on duty, and prepares to launch himself forward. His muscles bunch and swell. Anyone who looked at him would see a very feral looking man with sharp canines.

He waits, observing where his companions might be and as soon as they move he will dash forward to clamp onto the sentry in front of him.

Name
Hide/Move Silently
1d20+6 5
Initiative
1d20+2 19
Charge Grapple touch attack
1d20+7 8
Grapple check
1d20+14 3

Vrockv2.png.7061aa1e9941662b23152259ccde478f.pngKerapsis|Female, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Vrock, Cleric 1

HP: 11/11 | AC/Touch/FF: 16/12/14 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +4/+2/+3/+0/+3/+0 | F/R/W: +5/+4/+5 | Speed: 30ft | Spells Active: 

Kerapsis follows after Creed, charging out of the tree-line at the nearby squire. Raising her needle-like claws, she takes a reckless swing.

OOC / Actions

Charge southeast at the squire and claw attack

Initiative: 17 (rolled in previous post)

Name
Claw (charge)
24; 9
1d20+7 ; 1d6+4 [17]; [17,5]

Molgrug

"Wait, wait!" Molgrug hisses as Creed and Kerapsis set off. "You haven't heard the plan yet!"

He looks after them in dismay then calls out for them to come back - trying, simultaneously, to be loud enough for them to hear him but also to stay quiet enough that he doesn't alert the guards.

"Now... now see here!" He calls, the voice pursuing the other fiends through the trees. "We need to discuss lines of attack, and, um, strategic contingencies..."

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 9/9 [B]AC:[/B] 15, [B]Touch:[/B] 11, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 13 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Spells:[/B] Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Spells: Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light

The fiends rush in. Creed closes with the paladin on duty grabbing him in his usual bear hug. The paladin tries to break the hold, yelling

In the name of the silver flame thou shalt not win this day evil fiend!

Kerapsis descends on the nearby squire, ripping a chunk out of him with a claw swipe. The man swings clumsily in response, missing his mark.

Molgrug bemoans the lack of meetings and prep work that went into this plan.

The bandits attack the remaining squire. There's alot of clanging of weapons on armour with no real effect. Said squire is too confused to respond.

On his turn, the paladin tries to break the grapple, Creed needs a DC 17 grapple check to maintain the hold.

All 3 are yelling and screaming which will wake the sleepers.

Your turns, round 2.

Edited by Michael (see edit history)
Name
listens/spots
6; 14; 2
1d20+1;1d20;1d20 [5]; [5,14]; [5,14,2]
grapple resist
1d20+6 4
break grapple
1d20+6 11
bandit attacks
14; 3; 14; 7