Chapter 1: By the Pricking of my thumb....

Michael

DESCRIPTION Kaida was once a powerful and beautiful creature. She had sweeping wings, full and strong, and glorious horns! Her body was a powerful killing machine through which poisonous toxins flowed to strike down her enemies with. Her body had been strong and hardy, capable of going toe to toe with devils of much higher ranks than she.

Now she is but a pale echo of what she once was.

She was never a hulking creature and that is still true. Not even reaching two feet in height she is as tiny as ever. Her wings are small, much less muscle supporting their frame, and her tail, as long and sinuous as ever, was tipped by a stinger that was coated in what should have been a vibrantly colored sap-like toxin. Instead it was dull, and watery, quite weak indeed.

Her choice of color is always black and gray when given the option. Sometimes she'll stray from the more "bland" colors to exceedingly dark blues and purples but she does so very rarely. Clothing with folds and hidden pouches or pockets for concealed weapons are always of interest to her and she is rarely without a hooded vest.
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngKaida Reombath Attor
Female, Tiny Outsider (Baatezu, Extraplanar, Evil, Lawful), Imp, Swordsage 1

AC/TAC/FFAC: 16/15/12 HP: 10/10 S/D/C/I/W/C: 0/+4/+3/+1/+3/+0 F/R/W: +5/+6/+5 Move: 20' Init: +5
See in Darkness (Su)Kaida, like other devils, can see perfectly in any form of darkness as if it were full daylight.; Tail StingMelee Attack, 10' Reach, 1d4+StrMod, 20/x2

Poison
Fort save DC 16
Dexterity 1 (primary) / Dexterity 1 (secondary)
MA +3, 1d4+Poison (20/x2); Concealment 20% vs. Ranged and Melee
Balance +8, Escape Artist +10, Hide +16, Listen +7, Move Silently +8, Search +5, Spot +7, Survival +7, Tumble +8
Maneuvers: Burning Blade (DW), Counter Charge (SS), Mighty Throw (SS),
Shadow Blade Tech. (SH)Shadow Hand Strike 1; Supernatural
Standard action melee attack vs. 1 target

You create a mystical double of your attack and roll two d20's for your attack vs. the target. Select the roll you want to use. If its the higher one its a normal attack. If you use the lower attack (or if both rolls are the same result) and the attack hits then you deal an extra 1d6 points of cold damage as both strikes hit.
, Child of Shadow (SH, Stance)Shadow Hand 1 Stance; Supernatural

If you move at least 10' during your turn you gain concealment against all melee and ranged attacks until the start of your next turn as well as the standard benefits of concealment. This cannot be used to hide in any form, you still need some other terrain feature that would normally allow you to use the Hide skill.

Kaida tapped on one of her canines absently. She was curious about something which seemed strange, at least to her, "I am all for subjugation of a people, don't misunderstand, but, I am curious. How is it that this building is so well constructed, with finished work, while the rest of the buildings in this place are little more than stick lean-tos? And its just one giant mud pit to boot!" The little devil blurted out, unable to restrain herself.

OoC

Summary: ---

Full Round: ---
Move: ---
Standard: ---
Swift: ---
Immediate: ---
5' Step: ---

Current Effects:

• Concealment 20% from all ranged and melee attacks; Child of Shadows Stance

The witch blinks in surprise at the question she responds

Uh, sorry, I don't actually know much about this area. You'll need to find someone else to answer those questions. Or try a Speak With Dead with the ex mayor.

She giggles at her own joke.

Anyway, part A of the plan is to get you out of this hovel and into Sharn, where you can do some real damage.

Molgrug

Molgrug puts a hand (paw?) to his face whilst sighing dramatically.

"That is most definitely a "location and inhabitants" question!" he exclaims, clearly exasperated. "We shall never get anywhere if you go around, well, deviating from the plan, asking questions all out of order!"

He turns back to the witch.

"Let's start with something simple, shall we? Our mentally-challenged minions here called you a "witch" - but what exactly is your role here? What do you do... or, well, what did you do, assuming the things you did you did for the now-deceased mayor?"

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 9/9 [B]AC:[/B] 15, [B]Touch:[/B] 11, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 13 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Spells:[/B] Command, Resurgence, [strike]Obscuring Mist[/strike], Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, Init: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-footed: 13
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison)
Spells: Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist , Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light
Special: None
Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

image.png.5b313c1564dd41e36c999e2f8c753d9c.pngCreed, silent until now while holding the servant, looks the man in the eye an quietly speaks.

"Now.. Do I need to silence you or are you going to play the nice servant who is willing to do their duty and not run to the hills, causing me to hunt you down and kill you, your loved ones and maybe those associated with them too? You know, that kind of sick twisted activity one of my kind." He pauses, smiling slightly to show his elongated fangs "enjoys doing"? He waits momentarily for the answer and he expects it will likely be acquiescence.

He then looks at the 'Witch'. "I think the thing we are missing here is... What do you want? I mean I can hunt down and kill righteous folk myself. Pointers from you are great and all, but what exactly are you aiming for?" He casts his eyes over her, eyes both wary and maybe a little hungry.

To Molgrug and Creed:

I presented myself as a seer and prophetess to that useless dead lump, but I am far more. I am in fact a priestess of The Mockery, we have a hidden church in Sharn. We have, um, the fragments of a prophecy which suggested the arrival of others from beyond the sphere who would be vital in the triumph of the Dark Six over the Host. I have more details but this is not the place to discuss them. If you are agreeable I will arrange transport and get you somewhere more...interesting.

She doesn't explain that any further and you get the suspicion she thinks you know what all of that meant...which itself suggests where ever she thinks you are from...she is wrong.

The released servant stands stock still as per Creed's command. Eyes wide with fear and panic, he's even attempting to not breathe too loudly.

Vrockv2.png.7061aa1e9941662b23152259ccde478f.pngKerapsis|Female, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Vrock, Cleric 1

HP: 11/11 | AC/Touch/FF: 16/12/14 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +4/+2/+3/+0/+3/+0 | F/R/W: +5/+4/+5 | Speed: 30ft | Spells Active: 

Kerapsis wanted to learn more about these Dark Six gods. Her severed connection to Orcus paired with her weakened new form made her consider something she never would have before the gate fiasco: abandoning Orcus to worship another. It was a dangerous thought, but Kerapsis was not above offering her faith as a bargaining chip if doing so might help her chance of survival and rebuild her strength.

But it seems the priestess was unaware of their true origin, and Kerapsis was cautious to say too much, so she simply replied,

"I’m open to moving out of the others are. I’d like to hear this prophecy and more about your faith when we have time."

She figured having a more capable local guide could prove useful, but also had more potential to go wrong than Grimley, so she proceeded warily.

Actions

Molgrug

Molgrug blinks, amazed at his companions' stupidity.

"Of course not!" he replies brusquely. "Our business here is far from done!"

This so-called witch obviously thinks she has the run of them! Fortunately, Molgrug is an expert in extracting information through succinct and pertinent questioning!

"First, we require information! Perhaps, though, it would be more sensible to order our questions chronologically? I once watched a play where the scenes unfolded in reverse chronological order and, I can tell you, well, it was all back to front! Why, people we dying before they were born - that's no way to live, is it?

"Speaking of living and dying, we haven't yet discussed your own situation... with regard to, as it were, the what you might call "joie de vivre" - at least, that's what they say on the 64th layer, ha ha. So, what do you think?"

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 9/9 [B]AC:[/B] 15, [B]Touch:[/B] 11, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 13 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Spells:[/B] Command, Resurgence, [strike]Obscuring Mist[/strike], Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug

The priestess once again displays a nonplussed expression suggesting she has no idea what Molgrug is saying, so she presses on with her agenda

I can arrange a large carriage to transport you in secret...and for that matter comfort...southwards to the capital. Given your slaughter of the guards I think sooner rather than later. Barring any...meaningful...objections, I'd like to move forward with that.

Molgrug

Alas, Molgrug is used to those with inferior intellects not being able to keep up with what he is saying. Often, it seems like they're not even listening!

"Well," he says, turning to his companions, "I suggest we don't kill her yet. Still, I'm ravenous, and whilst I suspect that this one will taste little better than those ne'er-do-wells from out in the woods, we could give it a try? Maybe just eat one arm? Perhaps, if she really is a witch, all that magic will have infused the flesh with, well, a little flavour? I knew a fellow, ran a soup kitchen, used to swear by it. Have you ever had dretch soup? Let me tell you -- it tastes as horrible as it sounds!"

Statblock

Molgrug

Brandisher.png.4abccf9766ad79862caaa7976666ebfe.png"Either we eat her completely, or we make her useful!"

Taking pieces off of a witch seems a waste to Brandisher - how then would she weave magic?

"If she can smuggle us out, then let’s go and slake our thirst on the Paladins!"

Molgrug

"Yes, it's certainly true that fiend meat has a... well, a certain aftertaste, no doubt due to the infusion of evil," Molgrug continues. "Not entirely unpleasant -- apart from the dretch soup, of course! -- but the, well, the umami leaves more than a little to be desired.

"I, however, am an arcanaloth - we are very magical beings, you understand? I think that the flesh of a magic-user, even a weak mortal novice, would probably have a noticeable hint of something more interesting. Yes, yes, a red, meaty taste, with notes of necromancy? Mmm."

Statblock

Molgrug

Vrockv2.png.7061aa1e9941662b23152259ccde478f.pngKerapsis|Female, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Vrock, Cleric 1

HP: 11/11 | AC/Touch/FF: 16/12/14 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +4/+2/+3/+0/+3/+0 | F/R/W: +5/+4/+5 | Speed: 30ft | Spells Active: 

Kerapsis nods in agreement at Brandisher's words, "Yes, why don't we give the Paladins a visit while the carriage is being prepared? See if they have any of that err... umami."

Actions

If the witch is in anyway discouraged by the talk of being eaten she doesn't show it, instead actually nodding in agreement...well, with the paladin part, anyway.

I can arrange to pick you up on the other side of their encampment, and give you precise details of the location of their camp.

She pauses, then says

So, barring any other issues and

She looks at Molgrug

minor and pointless procedural matters

She looks back to the group

Sounds like a plan.

Molgrug

Molgrug shakes his head, dismayed at how easily his intellectually-challenged companions are being manipulated by a mere mortal.

"No, no, no, I'm sorry, but that simply will not do!" He exclaims. "No, you see, "plan", implies an intention or decision - assuming, of course, you do not mean a "plan" in the sense of a detailed map or diagram! Now, a map would actually be quite useful... yes, fetch us a map of the surrounding locations, including this Paladin base!"

He doesn't wait for such an article to be proffered before continuing, however:

"No, this is a motion to be tabled, for sure, but we have rather digressed from the matter at hand!" That may, or may not, he supposes, have been his own fault, digressions being one of the things he does best. "And, actually, there are two matters at hand. Firstly, please hand over all items of value you currently possess, namely, those of magical power or utility; scrolls, textbooks, arcane theses, as well as items of magical power such as weapons, wands, or other accoutrements... trinkets, charms, runes of warding, that sort of thing... any bags which are bigger on the inside than the outside? How about those little magicky things that turn into trees or boats when you throw them? You know, that sort of thing. Oh, and the second thing: do you have any salt?"

Statblock

Molgrug