Chapter 1: By the Pricking of my thumb....

Michael

image.png.3b04e7734d8ae67f23ecffd296b9f75e.pngCreed eyes Molgrug for a moment before sinking his fangs into the guard in his hands, pinning the man in a firm grip as he drains him completely. He ignores the fleeing man, thinking that they should stop him but was too busy himself.

As he drained the man, visions of the mans life flickered in his mind. As the memories play across his mind he pays them no mind until he crushes the spirit coming from the man. His eyes take in Grimley as he pleads with Brandisher. He'll step in if he has to but it was a simple thing to deduce, and besides his meal took precedence.

OOC

Grapple checks for the pin and drain. He'll keep going till the man dies from being drained but that's 4 rounds (4x 6 seconds) for 11 Con so far.

Edited by W0LF (see edit history)
Name
Pin
1d20+14 19
Con Drain
1d4 3
Pin
1d20+14 2
Con Drain
1d4 1
Pin
1d20+14 6
Con Drain
1d4 3
Pin
1d20+14 2
Con Drain
1d4 4

MolgrugMolgrug emerges from the now-dissipating mist and looks around at the carnage with satisfaction.

"Yes, quite right," Molgrug says. "It's rather unlikely that these imbeciles had become aware of our presence and had both the opportunity and the percipience to set an ambush for us. Far more likely that this is simply a territorial spat between rival groups of mortals! Besides, they were hardly any match for our great prowess, however weakened we may be!"

He nods sagely, choosing not to mention that he didn't actually go toe-to-toe with any of the attackers in combat himself.

"Of course I have no objection if you want to eat Grimsbag, myself, but I think these other ones frankly look like better quality meat." He eyes the bandits up, considering. "And, I suppose it's still useful to have as many of possible of these humans for the purpose of entertainment and general manual labour, - can we, perhaps, create a list of tasks and responsibilities so that we can put the dear things to work? We have, after all, lost not only all of our armies but also all the support functions, supply trains, and... well, everything... so I think our first order of business ought to be to create a simple workforce development plan so that we can engage recruitment functions to fill any obvious gaps."

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 9/9 [B]AC:[/B] 15, [B]Touch:[/B] 11, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 13 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Spells:[/B] Command, Resurgence, [strike]Obscuring Mist[/strike], Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, Init: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-footed: 13
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison)
Spells: Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist , Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light
Special: None

Brandisher.png.4abccf9766ad79862caaa7976666ebfe.png"..."

Brandisher cannot argue with the others' logic, that Grimley propably did not have opportunity to set a trap for them - or have it in him, for that matter.

Also, as Molgrug noted, there is other mortal meat here to devour.

"It seems to me that you are the list-maker among us."

He returns to where his fiercest blow landed, where the guard was cleft completely in two. By one arm he lifts the uppermost half of the corpse to strip away the armor, and sinks his fangs into the man's shoulder to rip clear a healthy bite.

"That said, we need weapons. More mortals too, the more righteous the better!"

Edited by Enkhoffer (see edit history)

Vrockv2.png.7061aa1e9941662b23152259ccde478f.pngKerapsis|Female, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Vrock, Cleric 1

HP: 11/11 | AC/Touch/FF: 16/12/14 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +4/+2/+3/+0/+3/+0 | F/R/W: +5/+4/+5 | Speed: 30ft | Spells Active: 

“How about we add restraining that one to this list,” Kerapsis motions at the guard who was caught by Julien's color spray.

She moves over to the guard she shred in the fog, finding a point of entry between his armor plating. Realizing that her new potential bandit allies could be put off by this sight, she raises her blood-covered beak, gives a not so comforting thumbs up with her clawed talon and an even less comforting attempt at a smile before continuing to eat the fallen guard.

Actions

Chowing down

As a number of the fiends devour their recent conquest they find this meal strangely less appetising than the first few. Something is missing, some mortal essence that these wretched creatures do not possess. An odd craving for...well, whatever it is that's missing...wells up, unlike the first time where the pangs of hunger were purely physical, there is something metaphysical about this hunger.

In case you haven't guessed, you are ready for level up, you'll just need some good aligned creatures to eat.

Also, the town guards have decent quality (as in not inferior) chain mail, long bows, longswords and daggers.

Apologies, wrote this yesterday but didn't hit submit.

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

Vrockv2.png.7061aa1e9941662b23152259ccde478f.pngKerapsis|Female, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Vrock, Cleric 1

HP: 11/11 | AC/Touch/FF: 16/12/14 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +4/+2/+3/+0/+3/+0 | F/R/W: +5/+4/+5 | Speed: 30ft | Spells Active: 

“I'm not usually one to complain about my food, but... well it's missing something, no? The aching, it's different, but still there.” Kerapsis struggles through the words to describe these newfound feelings, as she straightens up from the body of the guard she had been eating.

She eyes the bandits around her, wondering if they would satiate this urge within her. But they're so pathetic. It's hard to believe they would contain something the guards didn't... but this world is all strange to her. Her beady eyes flick back and forth as she tries to understand the source of her cravings.

Actions

image.png.4364ce0eaca992bbe83c67a80e1924cd.pngCreed drains the guard dry and drops his husk on the ground. Blood colours his lips a deep tinge of red and he licks them absently as he stalks around the group. "You" he says, pointing to Grimley. "You and your friends did well not running, nor turning on us. Shows some semblance of intelligence. But now we need to know more. Why were they coming here in such force? Do you normally fight them or submit immediately? Who do they belong to? Who was the turncoat and where might he be headed?"

He shakes his head. The day had just gotten worse and no doubt they've now pissed off some lord or the like. Failures like this generally caused more pain than good when a group of guards or soldiers were killed.

"Oh, and we'll need to make a new camp elsewhere. This one will likely attract a fair degree of attention when these guards don't return. Got another place in mind that your traitor doesn't already know about?"

Julien.png.88369127214c009f80552c869c095398.pngJulien Male, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Incubus, Sorcerer 1

HP: 9/9 | AC/Touch/FF: 14/13/11 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +2/+3/+1/+1/+0/+6 | F/R/W: +3/+5/+2 | Speed: 30ft

"Yes, someplace with some way to keep out of the weather as well. And maybe a hot bath. I have guard under my claws that I'm going to absolutely need to soak out." Julien adds a slight aside as he desperately wishes he had some floss as well.

Realising any imminent chance of being eaten...or worse..is receding, Grimley gets up from his foetal position

To be honest, this is all new. I mean, we be small fry, the smallest fry ever, and that were a large part o' tha mayor's forces you just routed. I reckon weren't just us they be lookin' fer, though 'ow they knew of ye...?

At this point one of the as yet unnamed bandits pipes up

Could be that witch Huntsbridge hired. Heard all sorts of stories, and she turned a friend of mine into a newt!

After somewhat of an embarrassing pause he adds

Well, he got better...Anyways, might explain why the Flame sent that paladin out.

Grimley picks the conversation back up

Any chance you have some kind of disguise, or way or not looking all...well...like you look? We got some digs a bit out of town you could rest up, but reckon ye draw attention like that.

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

DESCRIPTION Kaida was once a powerful and beautiful creature. She had sweeping wings, full and strong, and glorious horns! Her body was a powerful killing machine through which poisonous toxins flowed to strike down her enemies with. Her body had been strong and hardy, capable of going toe to toe with devils of much higher ranks than she.

Now she is but a pale echo of what she once was.

She was never a hulking creature and that is still true. Not even reaching two feet in height she is as tiny as ever. Her wings are small, much less muscle supporting their frame, and her tail, as long and sinuous as ever, was tipped by a stinger that was coated in what should have been a vibrantly colored sap-like toxin. Instead it was dull, and watery, quite weak indeed.

Her choice of color is always black and gray when given the option. Sometimes she'll stray from the more "bland" colors to exceedingly dark blues and purples but she does so very rarely. Clothing with folds and hidden pouches or pockets for concealed weapons are always of interest to her and she is rarely without a hooded vest.
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngKaida Reombath Attor
Female, Tiny Outsider (Baatezu, Extraplanar, Evil, Lawful), Imp, Swordsage 1

AC/TAC/FFAC: 16/15/12 HP: 10/10 S/D/C/I/W/C: 0/+4/+3/+1/+3/+0 F/R/W: +5/+6/+5 Move: 20' Init: +5
See in Darkness (Su)Kaida, like other devils, can see perfectly in any form of darkness as if it were full daylight.; Tail StingMelee Attack, 10' Reach, 1d4+StrMod, 20/x2

Poison
Fort save DC 16
Dexterity 1 (primary) / Dexterity 1 (secondary)
MA +3, 1d4+Poison (20/x2); Concealment 20% vs. Ranged and Melee
Balance +8, Escape Artist +10, Hide +16, Listen +7, Move Silently +8, Search +5, Spot +7, Survival +7, Tumble +8
Maneuvers: Burning Blade (DW), Counter Charge (SS), Mighty Throw (SS),
Shadow Blade Tech. (SH)Shadow Hand Strike 1; Supernatural
Standard action melee attack vs. 1 target

You create a mystical double of your attack and roll two d20's for your attack vs. the target. Select the roll you want to use. If its the higher one its a normal attack. If you use the lower attack (or if both rolls are the same result) and the attack hits then you deal an extra 1d6 points of cold damage as both strikes hit.
, Child of Shadow (SH, Stance)Shadow Hand 1 Stance; Supernatural

If you move at least 10' during your turn you gain concealment against all melee and ranged attacks until the start of your next turn as well as the standard benefits of concealment. This cannot be used to hide in any form, you still need some other terrain feature that would normally allow you to use the Hide skill.

Kaida sorted through the gear of those that had so recently attempted to attack them, scampering across the ground and hopping from one fallen body to another as she moved through the battlefield. Paying little attention to the conversation she focused on the task at hand fruitlessly. * Their daggers are far too large for me to use... I'll need to find something more appropriate I supoose...*

Having given up she sat and listened as the others continued to chat, and eat. Disguises would have been easy had any of them more of their abilities, something that clearly was a frustrating situation for all of them

OoC

Summary: ---

Full Round: ---
Move: ---
Standard: ---
Swift: ---
Immediate: ---
5' Step: ---

Current Effects:

• Concealment 20% from all ranged and melee attacks; Child of Shadows Stance

Kerapsis had been so focused on what she had lost, being reduced to her current state, that she overlooked the smaller things that she gained. She focuses in on something new within her, and yes… she seemed to be able to manipulate her form.

“Actually, yes. I think I’ll be able to blend in. Not sure how long I can do it though, so I’ll only try it as we’re leaving. What was that bit about the flame? I thought I heard someone mention that before. Another god or order, unfriendly to our type?”

She had heard of paladins before and how some fiends sought to corrupt them and turn them down dark paths. Kerapsis wasn’t much interested in that, but she did wonder if their meat might be of better quality than the common guards.

Actions

The Sliver Flame. Bunch a do gooders, always poking their nose in where it aint wanted. Unfriendly to your type, unfriendly to mine as well. Usually they give towns like ours a wide berth, so mebbe they here for a reason.

Responds Grimley.

"Excuse me... um, excuse me!" Molgrug's wheedling voice cuts through the country air like the sound of a dretch scratching a blackboard. "It seems to me that we have rather many options available to us, yet much we do not know. In particular I am intrigued by the mention of this so-called "witch" who I suggest we visit, um, well, as soon as possible, for a mixture of reasons, firstly because if she is the indeed the root cause of this attack she is perhaps the greatest immediate threat to our presence here, and secondly because a magic-user may have spells which I can put to good use, having sadly lost all but a few pages of my dear spellbook in the journey here, despite it being bound with treated hides which were, I should say, not easy to come by, and I had also warded it against many forms of harm with a few magical protections. It's quite interesting, actually, to compare the relative efficiency of the classic dweomers most typically employed by yugoloth wizards and the protective runes the I studied a few decades ago, whilst working as a translator of primitive magical texts of historical importance from... Ah, well, *ahem*... no need to look at me like that! Perhaps I can tell you about that another time."

Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

Brandisher.png.4abccf9766ad79862caaa7976666ebfe.pngThese "Silver Flame" do sound interesting.

"Paladins will be fierce foes... but the reward will be sweeter for the risk of it!"

The guardsman's meat is sweet enough, but the lack of righteousness makes it taste like empty calories.

"Finding a way in will not be difficult. We just have to wear the right face!"

Edited by Enkhoffer (see edit history)

MolgrugMolgrug emerges from the now-dissipating mist and looks around at the carnage with satisfaction.

"Yes, right, well... as I was saying, we have several options: seek out this "witch", infiltrate the town, or perform a pre-emptive strike against these paladins!" Molgrug continues. "Now, um, well, there are lots of good arguments for each, I am sure, so I suggest a brief period of consultation before we commence the decision-making process."

The arcanaloth nods, quite pleased with the proposition. Of course, a well-organised group would have committees to deal with this sort of thing, but it's becoming increasingly clear that his fiendish companions are - essentially - a bunch of savages, but perhaps they can be coaxed into a little scholarly analysis? At any rate, Molgrug reflects, he'll have to make do with what he's got.

"Now, I have already explained some of the benefits of seeking this witch. Brandisher, perhaps you wish to lay out the case for attacking the paladins?"

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 9/9 [B]AC:[/B] 15, [B]Touch:[/B] 11, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 13 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Spells:[/B] Command, Resurgence, [strike]Obscuring Mist[/strike], Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, Init: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-footed: 13
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison)
Spells: Command, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist , Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light
Special: None