Chapter 1: By the Pricking of my thumb....

Michael

Creed gets the party started, rushing over to the nearest bandit, picking him up with both arms pinned and then treats him like a..well..human blood sausage, and chows down. Bandit loses 2 con

Julian fires off a mighty spell at the leader of the bandits. Well, it was probably mighty before, now it wounds him but doesn't kill (5pts)

Molgrug does Molgrug, producing a litany of prose that falls on scared ears, otherwise holding.

-----

Help! Help! oh no! aieee! get him off me!

Yells the panicked blood sausage. He struggles entirely in vain. (I am using Creed's second roll for the counter, so he fails to unpin)

The other bandits let fly with their shortbows, having no interest whatsoever in closing with any of the party. Many of the arrows fly into trees, and one that hits Kerapsis breaks on impact, clearly the bandit weapons are no better than yours.

1hp damage to Kaida

1 hp damage to Kerapsis

Actions now from Kaida, Kerapsis, Brandisher and Molgrug

Edited by Michael (see edit history)
Name
ungrapple Creed oponent
1d20 10
attack on brandisher
1; 0
1d20;1d6-1 [1]; [1,1]
attack on Molgrug 1
13; 5
1d20;1d6-1 [13]; [13,6]
attack on molgrug 2
8; 2
1d20+1;1d6-1 [7]; [7,3]
attack on Kaida
20; 1
1d20+1;1d6-1 [19]; [19,2]
attack on Kerapsis 1
16; 0
1d20+1;1d6-1 [15]; [15,1]
attack on kerapsis 2
19; 1
1d20+1;1d6-1 [18]; [18,2]

Kerapsis runs south, swiping wildly with a claw at a bandit and missing. The bandit offers a prayer of relief and fear

May the Silver Flame Protect me

Even in his rage, Kerapsis notices. This "Silver Flame" sounds like some kind of deity, but it's one he's never encountered.

Kaida hops north east to the bandit there, flicking out her barbed tail.

Eek Urgh Arghh yells the man as the wicked sting brings him close to death and his blood freezes in his veins (10 hp, 1 dex damage)

I haven't heard from Enkhoffer, in game or via pm, his character is slowly fading away into non existence. I am assuming Molgrug does nothing this round.

END ROUND 1

ROUND 2:

Actions from Creed, Julian and Molgrug, in any order

Edited by Michael (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d20+3 4

Julien.png.88369127214c009f80552c869c095398.pngJulien Male, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Incubus, Sorcerer 1

HP: 9/9 | AC/Touch/FF: 14/13/11 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +2/+3/+1/+1/+0/+6 | F/R/W: +3/+5/+2 | Speed: 30ft

"As ineffective as that was... it wasn't nothing either."

Julien repeats the gesture and words, sending another magic missile streaking off towards the same bandit to the south.

"A lot neater than going in there with claws. And these clothes certainly don't need blood spatter further degrade their appeal."

Name
Magic Missile Damage
1d4+1 4

bbd7abe0fde7135a5f353c21f056325b.jpg.6646896bd9f9fdf6ccc36aae859fa7c0.jpgHit Die: 1d10 - Current HP: 13 - Max HP: 13

The canine form of Brandisher rushes from out the trees.

He has been disoriented and straying, roaming around the group to take in this bleak, dull world to which they've been sent.

When the din of battle reached his ears, the other fiends were already engaged - but Brandisher comes charging, snarling furiously and fangs bared.

Name
Initiative
1d20 8
Bite Attack
1d20+4 19
Bite Damage
1d6+3 4

Molgrug

Molgrug nods at Julien's assessment.

"Yes, well, I, ah, I am inclined to agree," he says, nodding. He looks around the battlefield, noting that the other fiends seem to be making short work of the humans, unperturbed by their feeble attempts to fight back. "Besides, that Creed fellow seems to have this all in hand, I should say."

Nevertheless, Molgrug has always maintained that diplomacy is mightier than the sword (or maw, in this case); manipulation, deception, and very lengthy spreadsheets are his weapons of choice. Perhaps this unnecessary conflict can be brought to a swifter end?

"Hello? Hello, humans?" he tries, peering into the woods to see if any of them are still alive. "I say, why don't you surrender now, and we might not kill you all?"

He glances at the nearby Julian.

"Do you think that's encouraging enough? I've found you never... well, you never can be sure with mortals. What do they really want from life? Not losing it, one would assume."

Actions

We're not using social skills for rolls, but does it still take an action to attempt a rushed diplomacy or intimidate? Anyway, I'll do that. Perhaps the humans will surrender, on the basis that probable death is better than nigh-certain death?

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 9/9 [B]AC:[/B] 16, [B]Touch:[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 14 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, Init: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 16, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 14
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison)
Special: None

image.png.3b04e7734d8ae67f23ecffd296b9f75e.pngCreed looks up from the struggling man in his hands to focus on the next closest opponent. With a snarl he pulls his fangs from the mans neck as he rakes his claw across where he had bitten, opening him up further. As the mans blood gushes from his neck Creed steps toward his next victim still gripping the wriggling form in his claw, his yellow eyes flashing golden with unrestrained hunger.

With blood trailing down his chin, Creed growls. "You're next." It's almost as though a blood rage has come over the man-beast, his eyes are glazed and his muscles are taught with strength. He takes the injured man in with a glance, sneering with contempt. If I weren't this weak, they would all be dead or running by now. What the hell did that portal do to us?

Stat Block

[URL=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2796490][B][SIZE=+1]Creed[/SIZE][/B][/URL]
Male Neutral Evil Shifter - Razorclaw Monk, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 16/11, [B]Speed[/B] 40ft / x4
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 14, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] +1   
[B] Improved Unarmed Strike [/B] +5 (1d6+4, 20/x2)
[B] Claw (Shifting) [/B] +5 (1d4+5, 20/x2)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 20, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 8
[B]Condition[/B] Fast Healing 1 per minute
Shifted, +2 Str, 2x Claw attacks
+5 Temporary HP

Actions

Claw attack as grapple attempt attacking with natural weapon in the grapple

Grapple attempt to 5ft step with grappled opponent

Designate new opponent as dodge target (AC 16)

Edited by W0LF (see edit history)
Name
Grapple for Attack
1d20+14 7
Damage if successful
1d4+5 1
Grapple to move with opponent
1d20+9 19

Julian's second magic missile brings the bandit leader...or at least the one that spoke first...close to death.

Creed squeezes some of the life out of the blood sausage, dragging the hapless human towards his next target..assuming Kaida doesn't kill him first.

Molgrug kindly suggests the humans consider discretion to be the better part of valour.

Molgrug's suggestion works, though whether it's because of his words or because half their group is near death and they have barely touched the fiends.

The bandits break and run in all directions..all except the human blood sausage, still pinned by Creed.

The bandits run off the map, those in close contact will withdraw (60' move), those not will run (120' move). If you want to give chase you will need a speed > 30, and you can only chase 1 because as I said they scatter. If you do chase one down you can kill or capture, no need for combat dice.

Combat over.

bbd7abe0fde7135a5f353c21f056325b.jpg.6646896bd9f9fdf6ccc36aae859fa7c0.jpgThe skirmish appears to be over before it truly begun - these highwaymen are cowardly and their resolve is broken with no effort at all!

A particularly large one among them has caught Brandisher's eye in his panicked flight, and the fallen Archon takes off running in pursuit with viciously joyous barking.

Halfway to closing the distance between them Brandisher takes his true form once again, so that it is now a fully grown man clad in black fur and with a dog's snarling head that chases down the bandit, wrestles him to the ground, and tears out his throat.

This as well feels shockingly easy, after his fangs have rent the flesh of countless demons - he is used to thick scales or skin hardened by fire and magic - as the whimpering human's throat opens up like ripping tissue paper.

Brandisher.png.4abccf9766ad79862caaa7976666ebfe.png

Molgrug

"Wait! Come back!" Molgrug calls after the humans, his dismay evident. "We wanted to interrogate you for information!"

He looks at the others, and shrugs.

"Humans, right?" he says, jovially. "Typical!"

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 9/9 [B]AC:[/B] 16, [B]Touch:[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 14 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

image.png.3b04e7734d8ae67f23ecffd296b9f75e.pngHolding his apparently still alive victim, Creeds eyes narrow. He looks into the bandits eyes, piercing them with his golden gaze. He hauls him over to Molgrug, his eyes never leaving the humans. "This Jackel-daemon is going to ask you questions. Answer them and I don't drain you dry."

He holds the human up. "Interrogate away."

Name
Grapple if needed
1d20+14 14
Grapple if needed
1d20+14 14

Molgrug

"Oh, right, yes, an interrogation." Molgrug looks slightly surprised that anyone has actually paid attention to him. Nevertheless, he gives the human a level and intimidating glare. "Right. Well. There's nothing to worry about, we just want to ask you a few questions. After all, you attacked us! And, well, as I always say: "never start a fight you can't win". Or, well, I suppose it's meant to be "never start a fight you can't finish", since that's, well, what's the word? Pithy. It's pithier, since you start with "start" and finish with "finish"... though "never start a fight you can't win" is more accurate, wouldn't you say? After all, this fight seems well and truly finished, but you still would have been better off if you'd not started it, eh?"

Noting that everyone is waiting for him to get on with it, Molgrug glances at his fiendish companions sheepishly before turning back to the captive human.

"So, er, *ahem*... questions! Here's how this works: you tell us what we want to know and, well, we'll let you go! Why not? Can we do that? We don't want him running around telling all his human friends... I tell you what, we'll let you live. And, if you don't, we'll, um, we'll subject you to gruesome tortures. Really gruesome stuff, stuff that's far worse than death or being kept as a prisoner. And then we'll kill you. Got it?"

Statblock

Molgrug

DESCRIPTION Kaida was once a powerful and beautiful creature. She had sweeping wings, full and strong, and glorious horns! Her body was a powerful killing machine through which poisonous toxins flowed to strike down her enemies with. Her body had been strong and hardy, capable of going toe to toe with devils of much higher ranks than she.

Now she is but a pale echo of what she once was.

She was never a hulking creature and that is still true. Not even reaching two feet in height she is as tiny as ever. Her wings are small, much less muscle supporting their frame, and her tail, as long and sinuous as ever, was tipped by a stinger that was coated in what should have been a vibrantly colored sap-like toxin. Instead it was dull, and watery, quite weak indeed.

Her choice of color is always black and gray when given the option. Sometimes she'll stray from the more "bland" colors to exceedingly dark blues and purples but she does so very rarely. Clothing with folds and hidden pouches or pockets for concealed weapons are always of interest to her and she is rarely without a hooded vest.
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngKaida Reombath Attor
Female, Tiny Outsider (Baatezu, Extraplanar, Evil, Lawful), Imp, Swordsage 1

AC/TAC/FFAC: 16/15/12 HP: 10/10 S/D/C/I/W/C: 0/+4/+3/+1/+3/+0 F/R/W: +5/+6/+5 Move: 30' Init: +5
See in Darkness (Su)Kaida, like other devils, can see perfectly in any form of darkness as if it were full daylight.; Tail StingMelee Attack, 10' Reach, 1d4+StrMod, 20/x2

Poison
Fort save DC 16
Dexterity 1 (primary) / Dexterity 1 (secondary)
MA +3, 1d4+Poison (20/x2); Concealment 20% vs. Ranged and Melee
Balance +8, Escape Artist +10, Hide +16, Listen +7, Move Silently +8, Search +5, Spot +7, Survival +7, Tumble +8
Maneuvers: Burning Blade (DW), Counter Charge (SS), Mighty Throw (SS),
Shadow Blade Tech. (SH)Shadow Hand Strike 1; Supernatural
Standard action melee attack vs. 1 target

You create a mystical double of your attack and roll two d20's for your attack vs. the target. Select the roll you want to use. If its the higher one its a normal attack. If you use the lower attack (or if both rolls are the same result) and the attack hits then you deal an extra 1d6 points of cold damage as both strikes hit.
, Child of Shadow (SH, Stance)Shadow Hand 1 Stance; Supernatural

If you move at least 10' during your turn you gain concealment against all melee and ranged attacks until the start of your next turn as well as the standard benefits of concealment. This cannot be used to hide in any form, you still need some other terrain feature that would normally allow you to use the Hide skill.

Kaida slinks up to them from the side as she licks the blood mixed with her own poison from the barb of her tail with relish. She cocks her head to the side as she looks up at the captive. "I certainly wouldn't mind the eyes if he doesn't talk... they're a pretty green after all... I like green" She giggled as she continued to lick the blood from her tail and watch the captive.

She knew that humans were easily rattled, seemingly by the most innocuous things even. Her laughter always seemed to put them on edge and she'd never figured out why, simply that it seemed to work quite well and she did like the taste of eyes in fact. Distracted by a plump beetle scuttling across the ground she greedily pursued it, snatched it up with both her hands, and devoured it as its legs kept moving.

OoC

Summary: Nothing to see here...

Full Round: ---
Move: ---
Standard: ---
Swift: ---
Immediate: ---
5' Step: ---

Current Effects:

• Concealment 20% from all ranged and melee attacks; Child of Shadows Stance

Vrockv2.png.7061aa1e9941662b23152259ccde478f.pngKerapsis|Female, Medium Outsider (Tanar'ri, Extraplanar, Evil, Chaotic), Vrock, Cleric 1

HP: 10/11 | AC/Touch/FF: 16/12/14 | Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha: +4/+2/+3/+0/+3/+0 | F/R/W: +5/+4/+5 | Speed: 30ft | Spells Active: 

Kerapsis curses her clumsy movements, still getting the hang of this reduced form, as she watches the remaining bandits flee into the woods. Turning her attention back to the interrogation scene, she starts to slowly circle the human from a distance, allowing space for the interrogation to take place, but not hiding the hungry look in her eyes.

Actions