Chapter 3 โ€” A Dying Torch

iantruesilver

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 19/14/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

At the weeping pond, going swimming

With tent pitons and hammer procured, T'Sarra worked with Vri to make sure the rope was tied off securely.

"Can't think of anything else we'll be needing. I'm sure we will discover all sorts of things we wished we had once we're down under the pond, but we'll just have to adapt. Shall we?"

She offered to take the lead. She could see in the dark gloomy depths of the pool and was a fairly strong swimmer.

Mechanics

Not sure what DCs are but T'Sarra will take ten for 15 on swim checks, unless that obviously doesn't work, then I'll start rolling I guess. She will hold her breath for as long as possible (28 rounds) I'll toss a perception to find the path, not sure it's needed but what the heck?

Got a 19 perception

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5

* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  

Edited by ccanary
add in perception roll to text (see edit history)
Name
perception to find air pocket and path underwater
1d20+6 13

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2744078][B][SIZE=+1]Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 11/11, [B]Speed[/B] 30ft [B]AC[/B] 16, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 0, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 3, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1 [B]silversheen, MC rapier [/B] +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2) [B]cold iron dagger [/B] +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] shortbow (20) [/B] +4 (1d6, x3) [B] Studded Leather[/B] (+3 Armor, +3 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15 [B]Condition[/B] None hero points: 1/1
Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 11/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20) +4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None
hero points: 1/1

Vri would go as close to the location the people thought the entrance was and attached the rope there. The faster they would find it, the better it was.

"Here goes nothing," Vri said to the priest when T'Sarra had entered the water. She quickly followed, using the rope to go where the tiefling had gone before, hoping that her low-light vision was enough to actually see something.

OOC

OOC take 10 on swim for 11 in total if that's enough? Otherwise I can add derring-do.

Edited by farothel (see edit history)

spacer.pngspacer.png"ᚡᛆᛐᛂᚱ ᛒᚱᛆÞᛁᛜ" When the piton and rope was set and the party indicated they were ready, the priest held up a small rod of what looks to be red wood and quartz, speaking some ritual prayer and waving one end of the rod around in some kind of gesture. Then, touching each member of the party on the shoulder, he says to each in turn, "Brigh be with you."

As Violet busied herself with placing her and Val's firearms and ammunition into a waxy, resinous looking bag, the young human turns to the priest, "Thank you. And please thank Councillor Freddert for me too if you see her."

Then, with some heavier thoughts left unsaid, Val heaved a long sigh and turned back to Violet, the two young women taking turns stripping their armour and secure everything into backpacks before following the others into the water.

"Best of luck." Joram Kyte replied with a kind smile, as he waited at the shore for the remainder to make the dive under Weeping Pond.

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Val Swim
1d20-2 3
Violet Swim
1d20 18

Barhuce

spacer.png

Barhuce nods at the priest and follows the others.

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2740751][B][SIZE=+1]Barhuce[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0 [B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2) [B] light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10 [B]Condition[/B] None
Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) 3 (1d4+4, x2)
light Mace 1 (1d6+1, x2)
Dagger 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Lamellar Cuirass (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None

Actions Crunch

Name
swim
1d20+1 18

Following suit behind the others, Rain removed and packed away her suit of maille armour, and handed over any items that needed to be protected from water damage to T'Sarra.

Before wading into the water, she stuffed Jerry into her robes down the front of her collar, and then turned to the old man, "Once we get back, T'Sarra and I will be happy to give you any assistance you need to provide safe drinking water for the town."

"I appreciate that." Father Kyte returned, "Be safe."

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Rain Swim
1d20-2 14