OOC Chat Chapter One - Mirabar

bwatford

Ooo, I may be the young 'un of this group. I started playing D&D in '97, the twilight years of 2nd edition, at the tender age of 13. Campaigns I ran back then were exceedingly cringe-worthy, but I'd like to say I got better. I've been doing the Myth-Weavers thing on and off for many years. I lost count! I'm a big fan of Fate, the Cypher System, Invisible Sun, and most anything by Kevin Crawford, but D&D has always been in the mix somewhere.

Anybody following the D&D update in progress?

@BobtheWizardYou know in my head Drift's voice sounds like Antonio Banderas, right?

Edited by Aavarius (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, bwatford said:

Social - Time goes quickly in these scenes so you can feel free to post any actions that can be accomplished over a course of around 10-15 minutes of in game time. In this mode of play, shields are not equipped, weapons are not drawn, and the atmosphere is much more relaxed. Feel free to play with the scenery and NPC's to help bring the scene to life.

Exploration - This means you are being more cautious, and your guard is up, shield is readied, and your weapon is at the ready but not yet drawn. Your post covers about 3-5 minutes of in game time.

Combat - While we may not be fighting anything in this mode, we are in round-by-round actions which is usually due to possible threat. Your shield is readied, your weapon drawn, your post should include action as they would in combat (move, action, bonus action, manipulate)

Sounds like a good approach to moving the game along (given that we're planning on reaching epic levels).

Question: Will there be scenes (modes of posting) where we can just interact with each other via dialog in threat-free situations?

7 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Sounds like a good approach to moving the game along (given that we're planning on reaching epic levels).

Question: Will there be scenes (modes of posting) where we can just interact with each other via dialog in threat-free situations?

Yes, plenty of those.

40 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

LOL! And now, every time I read Drift's dialog I'm going to be trying NOT to think about Puss in Boots.

Why not? P'n'B is awesome!

And I have a feeling Drift is going to be, too.

I, too, would enjoy some scenes with other characters just for RP interactions.

@Gralhruk Just so we don't ruin your story, so far as the rest of our characters are concerned, your character is just a human from Kara-tur, right?

Edited by Aavarius (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, bwatford said:

I also run live games via Fantasy Grounds, so if any of you are interested in those then feel free to join my discord. We have over 100+ members and also discuss everything gaming related even if you don't play in one of the live games.

https://discord.gg/HhcfdeP

Are they live campaigns or do you do one-shots or short multi-session (two or three session) adventures?

1 hour ago, Aavarius said:

@BobtheWizardYou know in my head Drift's voice sounds like Antonio Banderas, right?

That's always a danger when you play a Tabaxi, and maybe I was at least subconsciously influenced by him. I'm not going to write things in a spanish accent, but feel free to read it how you want. 😎

7 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Are they live campaigns or do you do one-shots or short multi-session (two or three session) adventures?

They are long term campaigns, usually play every other week

1 hour ago, BobtheWizard said:

That's always a danger when you play a Tabaxi, and maybe I was at least subconsciously influenced by him. I'm not going to write things in a spanish accent, but feel free to read it how you want. 😎

Sorry if it sounds like I'm pigeon-holeing him. Just having a laugh is all.

Hi all! Most just call me Underleaf, but feel free to shorten it to UL or Leaf, or even Leafy, as some have been known to do.

I've been gaming for about 20 years but didn't start till I was in my 20s, so you can do the math and figure out who's older or who's younger. LOL

Quite excited to get Hachilah off the ground here. Feel free for anyone to have called her friend and know that she has been loyal in that relationship, perhaps to her own detriment. Can't wait to see what kind of trouble we are getting into. If anyone wants to work on specific connections, let me know. Would be happy to work on details that could be used for flavor.

16 minutes ago, Underleaf said:

If anyone wants to work on specific connections, let me know. Would be happy to work on details that could be used for flavor.

Ditto. I hope to work out initial relationship details with all the PCs before too much of the IC game happens. I don't want interactions that would/should have happened earlier to be happening in the opening scenes of the game. I'll try to get a post to you tonight.