Character Creation Q&A

PureChance

Is this just generally playing in Theros or Odyssey of the Dragonlords? Or maybe I am just thinking of something different, sounded familiar.

I did some investigating and turns out I was thinking of something different. Sorry about that.

Edited by Rhallan (see edit history)

5 hours ago, MinjaMan said:

I would love to do phoenix sorcerer with that kind of theme following the God of the sun. Is that permitted? I only ask because it's unearthed arcana.

Just looked over the UA version again, yes that's fine.

UA approval will be on a case by case basis in general.

11 hours ago, 8w_gremlin said:

Looks like we are a very Oracle focused group.
Two Oracle supernatural gifts and one Oracle Class, all with different gods, interesting

I think there's only two oracle's? One gift, one class. Plus I imagine different flavours between the two - one being more benign than the other.

Good Morning.
I am newish to Myth-Weavers and would love to join.

Thinking of making a Trtion Genie Warlock.
Sort of Half-Blood of Thassa, God of the Sea.

Going Heroic Destiny

My son and I love the Percy Jackson books. Going to see the musical this Saturday.

6 hours ago, MysteriousMiller said:

As a far travelling satyr bard I'm going to end up with more instrument proficiencies than I know what to do with!!

Would you be happy for me to swap some out for other tools?

Sure, as long as it makes sense - the Background ones can be swapped freely as per Custom Background. Equally I guess you may well have mastered many instruments!

23 minutes ago, Smiley0713 said:

Good Morning.
I am newish to Myth-Weavers and would love to join.

Thinking of making a Trtion Genie Warlock.
Sort of Half-Blood of Thassa, God of the Sea.

Going Heroic Destiny

My son and I love the Percy Jackson books. Going to see the musical this Saturday.

Hi, welcome to Mythweavers! I'll send out game invitations once players are selected. In the mean time, please throw in an application - very happy to have new players along.

That sounds like a very reasonable concept, although I'm not sure how common it would be for Thassa especially to have demi-god offspring (and the god of Theros are a little less promiscuous than the standard Greek pantheon in that respect too). There are tales of those who have ascended to demigod status through the Gods blessings. Also happy if you wish to flavour your Patron as Thassa rather than a (presumably) Marid . Alternatively I'd suggest the "genie" is actually a powerful Nyx Nereid