Character Creation Q&A

PureChance

Hey! Just a heads up, I've removed my WIP Otrera of Phoberos application. While I dig the idea of a hero motivated so heavily by rage, the concept I had wasn't really jiving as a Greek mythical hero type, and I couldn't rework it into something I felt fit. If I come up with a concept in time that I can flesh out I'll work on that, but given my work schedule I likely won't be able to, and it looks like there's a good stable of characters as-is.

Best of luck everyone!

God, I'd love to make a Leonin Paladin for this, but I want to lean heavily into the anti-theistic nature of their culture. Would it be okay to make a Leonin Paladin who's explicitly refusing to side with any of the gods? Or are you strict on the "Paladins must pick a god" thing? I just really love that race and that concept of "divinely inspired against the gods" that they create together.

Yes, I already have more quality applications than I know what to do with 😂 no desire to extend it to make my life harder. I almost always have more time during the week, but appreciate that for others it's often the opposite - so figured that would give people the weekend to wrap up apps, and me so weekdays to make a decision

@PureChance So, I rolled for gold, but I'm making a Wizard; do I get my Spellbook for free (as per Spellcasting) or do I pay for it off my starting gold?

Also, I was thinking of making a Centaur Wizard (Nyxborn Herald) of Keranos, but I realized that it's quite miserable making a Wizard with +2 to Str and +1 to Wis, leaving me with 12 AC, 8 HP & +4 to spell attacks and 3 spells prepared. I know you said "Use racials" earlier; I pivoted to a Human implementation of the same idea (the swiftness and alacrity of the storms, harbinger of Keranos's wrath), but I'll just ask anyways to be sure.

Edited by Eldariel (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Eldariel said:

@PureChance So, I rolled for gold, but I'm making a Wizard; do I get my Spellbook for free (as per Spellcasting) or do I pay for it off my starting gold?

Also, I was thinking of making a Centaur Wizard (Nyxborn Herald) of Keranos, but I realized that it's quite miserable making a Wizard with +2 to Str and +1 to Wis, leaving me with 12 AC, 8 HP & +4 to spell attacks and 3 spells prepared. I know you said "Use racials" earlier; I pivoted to a Human implementation of the same idea (the swiftness and alacrity of the storms, harbinger of Keranos's wrath), but I'll just ask anyways to be sure.

Have it free. Stick with racials.

20 hours ago, artsmythe said:

Forgive me if this has already been stated somewhere, but exactly how many players will be selected for this game?

4-6, very very maybe two groups running.

Reminder to those still working on their applications that deadline is Monday and I'll begin selections Tuesday. If your application is finished, but I've not moved it to the new finished folder, please let me know!

Quick question - with starting wealth, if I start with the fixed gear, can I sell a few things to buy other gear? I'm fine with getting 1/2 price for it. Also - if I pick a shortbow for my starting weapon, do I get a quiver of arrows with that?