Out of Character Chat

Powderhorn

5 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

You could quickly tip it over, and that would create essentially a short(ish) cone of difficult terrain, but I'm not sure how it would reduce the choke points.

Recall that the wagons are covered with canvas, so it may be difficult to get up and down and up and down (and throw from inside of them)

Oh I thought we could fill in the space between two wagons, but that seems like it wouldn't work.

image.png.0b6614811bf6f37bb3b3b0048d0f7dae.png

They're this kind of wagon right? So so long as you're firing more or less along the length of the wagon, you should be able to fire fairly freely while being in good cover (and probably obscurity), and be able to get in and out?

2 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

This is what I had suggested before. Up to Eabha though, as Otto couldn't talk his way out of a paper bag.

I don't want to fight, but if it comes to it then we're well-armed and well-armored. And we have a Healer.

That you did!

IF general consensus is to try to parley, that's totally fine - just go ahead and write it up. Don't give me a roll yet. It sounds like Xan will offer some insight as well. So the way I see this playing out is:

1. Parley
  2. Counter-Parley
  3. Xan Brain Stuff
  4. Final Parley w. CHA / Convince Roll
  5. ???

@Powderhorn I started writing a post. Quick questions about Healer's Eye.

Healer’s Eye

Commit Effort as an On Turn action; while the Effort remains committed, you can use a Main Action to visually detect diseases and poisons, diagnose creatures flawlessly, perceive their physiology, and learn their current hit point totals. As a side effect, you can detect living creatures by sight regardless of available light or obscuring mists.

Can she use that main action on the bandits at this time? And if so, does she detect any diseases or ailments among them (even something small)?

in the meantime, @Powderhorn would seeing physiology allow Éabha to intuit anything about how they are likely to fight?

For example, a ranged fighter will not have the same musculature or stance as the wielder of a heavy, two-handed weapon, or that of twin light blades.

This is a good time to mention that I sometimes make inferences with regards to game systems based in my understanding of the implications of a rule or an ability. It is not intended to power game/be cheesy/op, and if I ask, it is out of a desire to test for shared understanding

6 hours ago, another aka said:

in the meantime, @Powderhorn would seeing physiology allow Éabha to intuit anything about how they are likely to fight?

For example, a ranged fighter will not have the same musculature or stance as the wielder of a heavy, two-handed weapon, or that of twin light blades.

This is a good time to mention that I sometimes make inferences with regards to game systems based in my understanding of the implications of a rule or an ability. It is not intended to power game/be cheesy/op, and if I ask, it is out of a desire to test for shared understanding

Not really - but I think I might have said earlier (and if I didn't I had intended to!) that they seem to be a mix of clubs and bows.