Out of Character Chat

Powderhorn

OK - from my end basically I just need Notice rolls for people who want to make them, and then the attempt to Convince (CHA based) (from Eabha, as the high social roller?) to try to get them to break off. Also going to be trying to hit a 10 or better on that CHA roll. Assuming someone is willing to assist, you can add an additional +1 to your roll.

Adding some relevant "Common Combat Actions" here:

Hold An Action - Move Action

By choosing to Hold An Action, the combatant can delay taking the rest of their actions until later in the round, activating them as an Instant action. Thus, a hero who wins initiative might use their Move action to Hold An Action. Later in the round, as an enemy rushes around a corner, he may Instantly elect to use his Main Action to Make A Ranged Attack with his readied crossbow. If acting in response to someone else’s impending action, the held action is resolved first.

Delay an Action - On Turn

The combatant simply chooses to delay the remainder of their actions this turn until after a particular other participant has acted. Such a pause may be needed for some tactical plan or to respond to a particular enemy’s action. Unlike Hold An Action, however, they cannot suddenly choose to act earlier than their chosen place in the turn order; they must wait until the participant they chose has acted before using whatever remaining actions they may have for the turn.

WWN is one of my favorite systems, but my least favorite part is rolling 1d20 for combat. I know it's a nod to OSR gaming, but I dream of other possibilities. 2d6, 3d6, 2d10, I'm not picky.

Should be able to as long as they were both Readied (which I presume they were).

If one was Stowed then it would take an action to retrieve it, but I can't imagine that would be Stowed under the circumstances.