What Are You Playing?

Scarecrow71

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 4:30 AM, leons1701 said:

I finished BG1 at least twice, but never got through 2. Even on a modern PC, the Real Time with Pause system doesn't seem to work all that well at high levels.

Weirdly I'm not sure that I ever quite finished 1 (I think I got right to the end though), but I did finish 2. I since went back and tried BG1 again no-reload style which makes life a lot more interesting (but makes finishing the whole thing rather a lot harder!).

BG3 looks very cool but I am kind of waiting for it to be, you know, finished before I buy it (and ideally a bit cheaper; I pretty much only ever buy old games on sale these days, just so I can feel like I got a bargain).

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Solasta on my computer the other day and realized I was missing one of the DLCs, so I bought and installed it too. Then...just as I was about to start it...

I got the urge to play Divinity: Original Sin 2 again.

Needless to say, nothing got played in my small window of game time. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to starting something new. I will run through a half-hearted run of Rimworld or just one of the AI-sided board games like Through the Ages to avoid making real decisions on a new game.

1 hour ago, Basil_Bottletop said:

I installed Solasta on my computer the other day and realized I was missing one of the DLCs, so I bought and installed it too. Then...just as I was about to start it...

I got the urge to play Divinity: Original Sin 2 again.

Needless to say, nothing got played in my small window of game time. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to starting something new. I will run through a half-hearted run of Rimworld or just one of the AI-sided board games like Through the Ages to avoid making real decisions on a new game.

I feel this. My comfort games are the old Infinity Engines series, Starcraft / Warcraft, Diablo II & III, Civilization, Dawn of War, and Torchlight II. Combined, those account for about 95% of my video game hours per year.

17 minutes ago, cailano said:

I feel this. My comfort games are the old Infinity Engines series, Starcraft / Warcraft, Diablo II & III, Civilization, Dawn of War, and Torchlight II. Combined, those account for about 95% of my video game hours per year.

I use to love clicking on the peons and the orcs repeated times in War Craft 2 it would make them mad lol

• 3 weeks later...

Fate/Samurai Remnant is what I'm currently working on and it's surprisingly good. The story and characters are great, as can be expected from most TYPE-MOON works, and the gameplay is surprisingly fun. Combat feels like some sort of middleground between Nioh 2 and Warriors Orochi 4, with the combo layout of a musou game and the stance-switching, "spirit summoning", and slightly harder difficulty of Nioh 2. Definitely the best Fate game out there in terms of gameplay.

Edited by Saberfan (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

For the last year, I've been into playing Living Card Games. I started out with the Pathfinder Adventure Card game, and while I had fun, it got repetitive. The fact that missing item acquisition rolls can completely derail your campaign was a little frustrating, too. Also, character death is very hard to come back from once you get a few sets into the campaign because all new characters will also quickly be killed since they are underpowered for that level.

I started playing Marvel Champions recently, which has been a great experience. The learning curve for the game is a bit steep, but once you're past it, the card game does a great job of simulating the wild action of the Marvel comics. I just ordered some new heroes and the Rise of the Red Skull expansion.

How about all y'all? Have you played LCGs? What are your favorites?

XB-X Playing a lot of Diablo and COD III, I am about to start playing Assarians Creed Ogrins.

I am currently in a bi-weekly DnD5E Curse of Strahd game that has a bit of a rework. Think Ravenloft meets Vampire Hunter D. I also have started playing in a Campaign of Necromunda and miniatures game produced by GW, right now we are in the off-season phase due to holidays. I was looking for a game on here but seems like 75% of the Myth population is gone or that games are not real big on here.