What Are You Playing?

Scarecrow71

Minecraft!

So last week someone coughRubycough was playing around with a chunk-editing utility, thinking that she had backed up our world, and completely borked it. So we were going to start over with 1.19, but Optifine still isn't out yet. So . . . we started a new world but decided to stay in mostly spawn chunks in the Overworld (except for one venture out to the nearest Stronghold to fight the dragon) so that when we convert to 1.19 after Africa we can still get the new biomes to generate. Thus, with only limited blocks . . . here is our starter base: The lore: we have been stranded in a strange fantasy world near the ruins of a crumbling stronghold. So we have had to use wood to shore up the ruins and make shelter for ourselves.

We have the citadel with enchanting setup and brewing room. We have a big storage and workroom with a tiny lava farm and smelter setup. The house is purely decorative, and there is a small honey farm behind the citadel, because . . . you know . . . girls have to have candles.

We also built a XP Mob farm high in the air on the other side of the trees, but it's ugly. 😄

This was our first attempt at "occupied ruins." I like the way they turned out.

Edited by Butchern
Pics removed (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I've also been playing Stellaris lately, been pretty hooked the last week or two (to the detriment of my MW games and employer).  Hopefully I've got things under control again. 

For less serious (or time intensive games), I play Ascension on my phone vs. a friend, and Yeardle

Just started a re-run of Shadowrun Returns.  Don’t think I ever progressed very far with it when it first came out.  It’s a little clunky in places, and on a huge screen, often need to zoom the view in as far as possible, but it’s a really well written module.  Having a ball so far with it.

39 minutes ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

Just started a re-run of Shadowrun Returns.  Don’t think I ever progressed very far with it when it first came out.  It’s a little clunky in places, and on a huge screen, often need to zoom the view in as far as possible, but it’s a really well written module.  Having a ball so far with it.

I really thought Harebrained Schemes was going to do all kinds of SR stuff after Returns.  Hell, I WANTED them to.  But alas, it all died after Hong Kong for some reason.  I guess they thought that end users like us were going to take the SDK and create stuff, but Steam got choked with just a pile of useless half-finished garbage.  Heck, I've got a nowhere-near-playable intro level that is a rewrite of the Sega game.

Returns is too linear for my tastes, but you are right that it was very well written.  Great story.

Dragonfall was a mess from top to bottom.  It seemed like HBS tried to just cram every idea they had into that one.

I never played Hong Kong.  But that was the last one HBS did, and that was 2015.

Same here with SRHK, it’s in my backlog, and is apparently the best of the bunch.  But you’re right, it’s a real shame that Harebrained didn’t do anything further either with the Shadowrun Franchise, or by adapting another RPG system (I’d kill for a decent, modern Traveller game)

• 1 month later...

I’m currently replaying the Dragon Age series in preparation for DA4 next year.  Coming back to Origins after all this time surprised me with just how well the game holds up today 11 years after release.  It was a masterpiece then and remains so now.  I also want to get through Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 again ahead of the full release of BG3.  Although I got it on EA, there’s only so many times you can play the same part over and over again before you get sick of it and I don’t want to burn myself out on the game completely before it’s fully released.