Item Price CL Aid % Cost
Sling Pouch of Keen Edges* 16,000 As high as possible None Tbd Tbd

Headband of Fortune's Favor

Any Prayer cast tbd Tbd
Four Leaf Clover* 3750 Any Divine Favor cast tbd Tbd
Boots of Striding 5500 Any None tbd Tbd
2x Pearls of Power 1* 2000 Any Craft: Stone? Tbd Tbd
Armor enhance +1* 1000 Any None tbd Tbd

Items with an * Vergren has purchased materials for.

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

If we're going for a relatively 'equitable' distribution of crafting time, and Rakle allows for the construct assistant, Malciar could make Ulrica's Goz Mask and then a small variety of Vergren's items. The Headband of Fortune's Favor or Boots of Striding could be done, but it'd be only one item. Another option would be a Pearl of Power, the armor enhancement, and the Four Leaf Clover; or both pearls and the clover.

I couldn't afford crafting materials for everything yet. I marked the items i bought materials for. Both pearls and the clover seem like the best place to start! Sling Pouch and Armor enhancement later.

@dhemon

I'm fine with the construct assistant. It will be an assistant - not a solo crafter. Let me know the final cost and deduct it.

Crafting magical items while adventuring have 2:1 ratio. It takes 2 hours to complete one hour of work on item. It might be easier to convert magic item creation into the number of crafting hours needed to create the item. Then the hours can be tracked against it.

The reason for the 2:1 ratio for crafting while adventuring is that you're crafting while doing other things, so you're not able to devote your full time/attention to the work.

This time is not spent in one continuous period, but rather during lunch, morning preparation, and during watches at night.

The main benefit of the ring of sustenance is to free up the time to actually work in a continuous period without doing other things, which should allow for full progress per time. Also, part of the benefit of being able to increase the DC by 5 to work faster is that it lets you work in 4-hour increments instead of only 8-hour, so assuming we clear out the assailants and are able to resume rest/work without further issue, Malciar should still be able to do some crafting tonight.

For the construct, overall costs should be 4675gp for the materials and scrolls.

9 hours ago, dhemon said:

The reason for the 2:1 ratio for crafting while adventuring is that you're crafting while doing other things, so you're not able to devote your full time/attention to the work.

The main benefit of the ring of sustenance is to free up the time to actually work in a continuous period without doing other things, which should allow for full progress per time. Also, part of the benefit of being able to increase the DC by 5 to work faster is that it lets you work in 4-hour increments instead of only 8-hour, so assuming we clear out the assailants and are able to resume rest/work without further issue, Malciar should still be able to do some crafting tonight.

Crafting also states: "The creator also needs a fairly quiet, comfortable, and well-lit place in which to work. . . .This work is generally done in a controlled environment, where distractions are at a minimum, such as a laboratory or shrine. Work that is performed in a distracting or dangerous environment nets only half the amount of progress (just as with the adventuring caster)."

The 50% progression will apply since the environment is distracting and dangerous. For crafting on the road, I'm not locked into 4 or 8 hours. If you only get in a 6 hour session to 3 hours of work, I'm fine with it. I would just ask to keep to full hours of work completion ( 2hour blocks).

It does also state that "Any place suitable for preparing spells is suitable for making items.", but alright, fair enough.

In that case, what would be necessary to make a campsite 'secure' for crafting? Would a Tiny Hut or Rope Trick spell be enough? What about something like an Expedition Pavilion or Hunter's Tree Fort?

11 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Ulrica's requests are for a +2 Dex Addition to her Belt of +2 Strength and Gloves of Duelling

Are these in addition to, or in place of the Goz Mask?

Also, I finally got around to finishing the tweaks for the crafting spreadsheet, and will be adding in the existing requests momentarily. I vaguely remember seeing a spreadsheet online that was a full list of magic items, including crafting requirements. I'll see if I can track that down and incorporate it to enable auto calculation of the DC's and Market Price, but if anyone knows where it is (or if it exists), I'd appreciate a link.

Edited by dhemon (see edit history)

On 8/19/2023 at 2:50 PM, dhemon said:

It does also state that "Any place suitable for preparing spells is suitable for making items.", but alright, fair enough.

In that case, what would be necessary to make a campsite 'secure' for crafting? Would a Tiny Hut or Rope Trick spell be enough? What about something like an Expedition Pavilion or Hunter's Tree Fort?

The expedition pavilion would be the best option. It is 3 small rooms in addition to the main room, so you could use the one of small rooms as private lab.

@Kistler @Starhawk Do either of you mind if I revise the schedule a bit? Assuming Malciar made a pearl of power first and realized the issue, he'd be able to finish the expedition pavilion tonight. For relative group safety, I could also produce a Field Scrivener's Desk in two days, which would let us have a campfire & the like without blatantly revealing our position.

As a general note, once I finish with the currently requested items, I'd also suggest that he make a Goggles of Night or Darksight Goggles for the folks on watch.