Crafting Requests

Kistler

I've been trying to alternate whose requests get worked on, and generally doing the cheaper ones first. Vergren is getting his armor enhanced and the second pearl made over the next two days, at which point we're down to the Gloves of Dueling for Ulrica & the Sling Pouch for Vergren. Unfortunately, each of those is going to take 4 days, so it'll be a little while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Kistler Just saw your note in the crafting spreadsheet. As a heads up, it's easier if you ask here or on discord, since I don't always see changes on the sheet in a timely fashion.

To answer the question though, yes, those can be combined. It's a 50% increase in the new ability's market price, and technically done based on the order you add abilities, though if Rakle is feeling kind, he might allow it to be a 50% increase of the lower costing ability, as it is for unslotted items. If he does, it's 9,700gp market price for the combination, if not, 11,550 market price. Personally, I'd prefer the increase to apply to the lower cost, because then I don't drive myself crazy trying to find the 'best' order to add abilities to items. 😛

Edited by dhemon (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

@KistlerVergren's Sling Pouch is done.

Malciar has enough time to make a Page of Spell Knowledge of Ears of the City & potentially another spell or two. Page-Bound Epiphany won't do us much good without someone both trained in Knowledge skills and able to cast it, since it's a Personal range spell. It's on the Bard, Cleric, Magus & Sorcerer/Wizard lists. Malciar, unfortunately, doesn't have any ranks in knowledges.

That said, there are other options. Incense of Eidos gives a 'free' 20 on any Knowledge skill check. If we combine that with Akashic Communion, even with no ranks, that's a minimum result of 30. Technically, those could be combined with Page-Bound Epiphany to push the minimum result up to 40, plus any other available skill boosters.

With the time left after finishing the sling pouch, Malciar can finish the Pages of Akashic Communion & Ears of the City, but the Incense would take another day after we arrive, and the Page of Page-Bound Epiphany would take a day after that.

This is probably better in OOC, not here.

Edited by dhemon (see edit history)