Did I miss anything clear to us how the hostage would be hurt? Or is it just potential empty threats?

Braz'i has motioned for the others still invisible with him to stay to see if something can be learnt when the obvious bravos leave.

As far as we know, just potential empty threats. Heck, it could be the wainwright, Fadelby, himself just doing some fake-moaning back there.

Good idea to stay behind. Garion's plan, once he's out of earshot, is to cast Clairaudience which sends an invisible ear up to 500' away. He was planning to do that if we were all together, just to listen in on whoever's left at the shop. But, if anyone is staying behind, he'll do it so he's alerted if all hell breaks loose. :)

Edited by ScottGell (see edit history)

He has not and will not provide proof of life. There is a string leading from the back room to a trap in the front room where you are.

He has hinted that there are others in the back room, but has not given any proof. The only thing you've heard from that room is the moan from- supposedly- Fadelby.

Hey All, again really sorry for the absence! Had another wedding that I was attending and 1) overestimated having time to actually make a post 2) came down with a weird stomach bug and was laid out in bed for a few days. I'm back home now and will get an update up tomorrow. I'll go with the group consensus on anything if we can move forward in the mean time before then.

And no more weddings for me for the far foreseeable future so this should be the last big absence for a while for me!

Alright crazy plan time... I think we can use this guy to get to this organization that Voz was connected with. And I may be making this up, I need to go back and find exactly where it was (I swear I need to make a google doc of abridged notes so I can go back and review stuff easier), but I recall this same organization was brought up at some point in connection with the cult. I recall it being a loose connection, but it was still there. Might be a good idea to go along with this guy, figure out what they are about, and take them down from the inside.

I am getting bluffing vibes. you don't just "have guys in the back room" you have goons with you.

I think dax is just doing a good job getting us on edge. If anything the baddie has poisioned the wainwright and only he knows the cure.

Character wise Drasil is about ready to snap, this sort of moral complexity isn't something hes great with, but if Brazi or Kyros leads out he'll follow.

I believe this kind of recall knowledge spam is allowed, but correct me if I'm wrong. Drasil has Untrained Improvisation, so the theory is he's drawing on every source of knowledge he has to try and draw the most likely conclusion.

Then again In theory I think these are meant to be secret checks, so Dax if you want to roll them again that's fine by me.