DM Dax| Dead Suns Book 4| OOC

Dax Thura

Posted (edited)

HERE is the Sunrise Maiden under the standard rules.

And here is what I suggest for the narrative rules. Note that there are 4 special abilities rather than the 3 that the rules suggest. Peff, what do you think?

Sunrise Maiden

Anjaval Vagabond - Tier 9

Average DC: 23 Hard DC: 28

HP: 5

Skill Modifiers: Any 3 +2

Special Abilities:

- Manufacturer Perk: Sanjaval manufactures a wide variety of interchangeable service modules that can be easily swapped out as needed. Refitting a starship with a modular Sanjaval expansion bay takes half the usual time (minimum 1 day).

- Virtual Intelligence: This supercomputer attempts the Provide Aid crew action for a PC of the crew’s choosing each round, using a bonus equal to your ship’s tier + 3 for the check.

- Inubrix Thrusters: +1 circumstance bonus to Piloting checks to avoid hazards. Once per combat damage dealt to the starship by hazards is reduced to zero.

- Expansion Bay: Medical Bay.

Edited by Dax Thura (see edit history)

There isn't a ton of guidance on converting ships in the book unfortunately. I think VI probably covers the computer part (and the fact that we do actually have a VI on the Maiden).

My BIGGEST gripe is how the Upgrades work since you only get one every 3 tiers. I'd probably keep the medbay instead of the recreation suite since we've had issues with healing in the past.

I understand your gripe. I guess that, since this system is more general, it drops some of the specifics.

Keeping the med-bay over the recreation suite is good.

How's this?

Sunrise Maiden

Anjaval Vagabond - Tier 9

Average DC: 23 Hard DC: 28

HP: 5

Skill Modifiers: Any 3 +2

Special Abilities:

- Manufacturer Perk: Sanjaval manufactures a wide variety of interchangeable service modules that can be easily swapped out as needed. Refitting a starship with a modular Sanjaval expansion bay takes half the usual time (minimum 1 day).

- Virtual Intelligence: This supercomputer attempts the Provide Aid crew action for a PC of the crew’s choosing each round, using a bonus equal to your ship’s tier + 3 for the check.

- Inubrix Thrusters: +1 circumstance bonus to Piloting checks to avoid hazards. Once per combat damage dealt to the starship by hazards is reduced to zero.

- Expansion Bay: Medical Bay.

• 3 weeks later...

@Eagleheart with your roll, you know what's in the spoiler plus get two questions. If you're asking about their immunities, they have undead immunities which include mind-affecting, which Mind Thrust is. I'll also give you that they are incorporeal and have blindsight (life) as well as darkvision.