OOC Chat Chapter One - Blood on the Crown

bwatford

Couple of questions for clarification.

1) Is the rusty lock is built into the door or is it like a padlock on the outside.

2) From your description it sounds like the two upper window are on opposite sides of the windmill. So if we just position ourselves between the two windows and approach from the angle then no one in the windows would be able to spot us. Right? We just have to be moderately quiet while approaching.

7 minutes ago, Draidden said:

Couple of questions for clarification.

1) Is the rusty lock is built into the door or is it like a padlock on the outside.

2) From your description it sounds like the two upper window are on opposite sides of the windmill. So if we just position ourselves between the two windows and approach from the angle then no one in the windows would be able to spot us. Right? We just have to be moderately quiet while approaching.

1. Built in

2. Correct. No window on the door side or the back. Windows are on each side.

For anyone who may be interested in checking out Advanced 5e Level Up. I have put a listing up for a game. A5e is somewhere between 5e and pf2e so you get quite a few more options that vanilla 5e.  Consider it 5e with some crunch.

Check it out:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/clubs/821-the-world-of-elissar/&do=overview

11 minutes ago, Draidden said:

Baldur has a total of 49 hit points, not 32. So would be at 41. 😉

Good catch, bookkeeping updated. Not sure where the 32 came from.

@Neopopulas @saithor

With Yaldiled spending her turn to climb the ladder and try the door, you guys are aware she will be within the range of the Shatter spell this round, correct?

Just wanted to make sure you guys are aware before I process the turn.

It is a 10-foot radius sphere, so that is 10 feet out from the trapdoor in all directions, so will reach from ceiling to floor likely shattering the ladder, hurting Yaldiled, and probably killing the unconscious farmhand. Also leaves just about everyone in the chamber within its bubble as well.

Yes, definitely. As a player I have been hit way too many times by teammates spells because they did not warn us and/or did not care. It gets very annoying. So as we are supposed to be working together, my suggestion is to warn people and if they don't listen, don't cast the spell. Especially damaging spells.

But that is just my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

Its only a 10ft radius, so we don't have to move too far away, i was hoping Yaldiled would be prepared to move, do you want me to add a post to warn her?

The problem is he climbed the ladder which requires 20 feet of movement to climb 10 ft. Then used his action so doesn't have the movement left to clear the space. The ceiling is only 10 feet high and the room only 15 or so feet in diameter. So 10 foot radius in every direction from the trap door is basically most of the room. As a 10 foot radius is 20 feet across total.

Just trying to keep the action economy right.

If the ladder can be removed.

Here's an idea, and I post this here because no one has any idea what spell Amelia is going to use on the trap door. So without here saying something we are all likely to get seriously hurt.

Clear out the injured and table and chairs. Ladder too if it can be moved.

Then Baldur moves below one window and Ruath the other. Each of them give a boost to Yaldiled and Saara aiding them in climbing the wall. Basically if they stand on our shoulders, one at each window, they should be able to reach the window. Once they are in position Amelia casts her spell hitting the trapdoor. At that signal the two of them go in through the window. The rest of us rush back in and either put the ladder back and go up, or we could place the table under the trapdoor and then put a chair on it so we can climb up through the door and help. Either way, working together it would only leave those two up stairs alone for 1 round.

The shatter door should be enough of a distraction to give those two a surprise round to get in, even if they don't get an attack.

???????

55 minutes ago, saithor said:

Yaldiled will spend her next round moving away from the trapdoor, sorry for the inconvenience

You'll be able to post it as soon as the bad guys go. I just need to know what Amelia is doing if she isn't casting the spell yet so i can process the round.