OOC Chat Chapter One - Blood on the Crown

bwatford

I've posted to hopefully give Egg a more seamless exit from the game. I've struggled in this game for awhile, think I may have picked the wrong kind of character. I made one who's all about idle chatter and interacting with everyone, including the NPCs, and feel like a lot of what he's said has just gone unheard or ignored. I just feel little if anything would be different if Egg had been stoic and silent this whole time. Mostly that was fine as it felt like posts were made to keep the story moving forward, which is a good thing.

I'm just not keen on how this is playing out, and it feels like we were forced into a pretty bad thing (harming a child) without a reasonable way to roll or to have avoided this moment. I mean, I suppose we could've just let not-Raffolk run, or delicately picked up the thief. We also could've very well gone much harsher than we did. Maybe for a game that had built up a longer story, had a more defined group dynamic, etc. I'd be more inclined to stick around and work it out. However, given we're really still just starting, and this just is leaving a bad taste in my mouth of where it's going, feel it's only fair and honest to step away.

Happy gaming to everyone, and hope see you around MW.

2 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

I've posted to hopefully give Egg a more seamless exit from the game. I've struggled in this game for awhile, think I may have picked the wrong kind of character. I made one who's all about idle chatter and interacting with everyone, including the NPCs, and feel like a lot of what he's said has just gone unheard or ignored. I just feel little if anything would be different if Egg had been stoic and silent this whole time. Mostly that was fine as it felt like posts were made to keep the story moving forward, which is a good thing.

I'm just not keen on how this is playing out, and it feels like we were forced into a pretty bad thing (harming a child) without a reasonable way to roll or to have avoided this moment. I mean, I suppose we could've just let not-Raffolk run, or delicately picked up the thief. We also could've very well gone much harsher than we did. Maybe for a game that had built up a longer story, had a more defined group dynamic, etc. I'd be more inclined to stick around and work it out. However, given we're really still just starting, and this just is leaving a bad taste in my mouth of where it's going, feel it's only fair and honest to step away.

Thanks for the heads up. If you are not having fun then you should 100% step away.

For the rest of the group, you want to keep it at 4 players? or recruit to add 1 or 2?

As the new person, I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to get to know you more. I'm still finding her voice, and haven't had much of a chance to interact with any of you so far.

I'm not sure if we need more or if we're good, so I'll leave that choice in other player's hands.

3 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

... feel it's only fair and honest to step away.

Sorry to see you go, and sorry if I contributed in any way to your feeling ignored. I really liked your character and enjoyed playing with you.

1 hour ago, bwatford said:

For the rest of the group, you want to keep it at 4 players? or recruit to add 1 or 2?

I'd vote for staying with 4 for now and getting a little momentum before we add anyone else, but if anyone knows someone they want to add, I wouldn't object.

@Peacemonger Sorry to see you go.

As for bringing in a new player, I am fine with trying to continue with 4 as long as the DM feels we will not be out gunned. As far as that goes, I have no problem with bringing in another player or two either.

Sorry if that doesn't help.

• 4 weeks later...