General Discussion [LPF]

FrancisJohn

There is a little reformatting, but in the process I’m making sure pictures are embedded in posts instead of linked outside. I’m also saving pic files to my hard drive for just in case reasons. 

I’ve liked Baldr for all things except the dice roller. It sucks. 

Edited by FrancisJohn (see edit history)

That you can’t code it in by text. You have to do a bunch of clicky clacky with drop down menus and name things and sometimes it remembers modifiers and whatnot. You can’t add a roll with a post, it has to be an edit and whatnot. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 2:50 AM, FrancisJohn said:

That you can’t code it in by text. You have to do a bunch of clicky clacky with drop down menus and name things and sometimes it remembers modifiers and whatnot. You can’t add a roll with a post, it has to be an edit and whatnot. 

Ah, but you can. There's a command line dice tower and a table dice tower. I prefer the table dice to thevother options. Give it a ho.

Oof. So this NPC transfer is going to be way more than a copy/paste job. I expected there to be some parts that take more time but it seems you can't type the codes at all; you have to actually select text and click bold etc.

There are some OGMW posts with images linked from the wiki or worse. House Boraga's main image, for example, isn't attached to that post and when I try to download the image it comes as a .webp which means I can't reupload here even if I accept the compression-associated loss. Does anyone happen to know the title of that painting so I could look it up? Or @FrancisJohn do you have the file saved somewhere?

Once I establish a workflow, I think it'll be fine...but that's going to take some adjustment.

I’ve encountered the same problem for the deities.

Those files I’ve been downloading them to my desktop and saving them as pngs or jpgs and reuploading. As I’ve been doing this process I’ve been keeping a folder of the picture files going forward. 

Like you said, once you get in a flow it’s not as bad. 

And thank you so much by the way. I’ll take care of the linking back to the original post from time to time. 

Borric Hawkins, Human Fighter
oKbRJfp.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Borric looked from Mud and Charity, the shrugged, "Alright, checking out the dome first then chase pussy. Normally, I would be in favor of tale-chasing first, but that's me."

He stepped off with Charity, walking beside her as they headed to the structures, a semicircle of four marble platforms, each surmounted by a colonnaded dome inlaid with pearlescent tiles that caught the glint of illumination the group provided with rays of a multihued fire. The shelters were elegantly furnished with carved stone benches and inlaid with mosaic scenes representative of scenes of the four elements, with air to the north, earth and fire in the center, and water to the south.

Just beyond these shelters was a low limestone platform inscribed with bas-relief of gods, spirits, animals, and all manner of mythological creatures of ancient Katapesh, surmounted at intervals by plinths of stone bearing statues of winged humanoids, male and female, each comforting the other but with a hand extended to beckon.

Hovering a foot above the platform’s center was a slowly rippling sphere of blue water.

Borric stopped short about 20 feet from the nearest of the shelters. "Interesting, but I don't see anyone. Do we want to get closer or turn around and find that kitty?"

Mini-stats

Borric Hawkins
Initiative: +4 Perception: +16, Move 30ft
AC: 31 (26 w/out shield, 29(24w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 105 Current: 125
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip)
Fort: +13 Reflex: +9 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Mwk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining

Maneuvers:
Flail Trip CMB: +26 & Free AoO on success (Include -3 from PA or CE if used that round)
Flail Disarm CMB: +24 (Include -3 from PA or CE if used that round)
Combat Reflexes: 3 AoO/round, can use when flat-footed

Edited by Paro (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+12 17

I took 5 minutes to copy that post over.  I just right clicked the picture to copy from the OGMW post and pasted it.  I opened up the Source Code and manually changed the pixel width to make it smaller.  

Posting from phone is harder. Maybe after I don’t need mouse overs to know what is what, it might be easier. I do not see Dice Tower option at all.  

Also once you quote or clone a post, it fills in your editor and there is no quick way to clear it.  You have to back out and then reopen the thread and clear editor when it recovers your previous attempt 

Edited by Paro (see edit history)