General Discussion [LPF]

FrancisJohn

I did 4 transfers and once I figured out what I was doing, the last one took less than 7 minutes. I don't know exactly how long it was but definitely less than 7. I'll play around with copying and pasting images and report back about what's quicker as well as whether there's any discernible issue related to permanence.

Getting comfortable with Baldr doesn't seem like it'll talk all that long and I do think I'm going to like it considerably more in the end.

1 minute ago, FrancisJohn said:

I think you have to post first and then edit in the dice rolls. Can’t be in the initial post. 

There was an official post somewhere that pointed to this being the case.

Name
To hit
1d20+4 14
Damage
2d8 7,2
Swing and wound
10; 4
1d20-1; 2d8 ; [2,2]
Funky damage
2d8+3d6+7 5,8,1,5,5

If anyone is providing feedback on this crap dice rolling system, it is unworkable.  The amount of dice rolling for a higher level game combat post takes a long time if you cannot simply copy code to new post.  

consider how many dice I roll for Rua’thil in each combat post.  It is like 15+

Edited by Paro (see edit history)
Name
Bite
1d20+9 7
Bite
1d20+9 19
Shooting
explode(1d6,6)+explode(1d4,4) 3,1

Click dice then click the greater than underscore method. There you can type them in but it won't be quite as simple as we'd like. I'm on mobile now so can't test pasting into it very easily. The bigger issue, I would guess, is you can't *copy* from last round.

Edited by Merry Mortician (see edit history)

Still cumbersome as you have to do 1 dice roll at a time. But when I am drafting up the post, I can copy paste each roll line by line.

That would be 15 copy pastes every Rua'thil Combat post update since Attack Rolls and Damages would have to be on separate lines. There are less characters in the syntax, so there is that at least when I draft up the entire post in Word first on a separate work computer (that cannot access MW) before porting my drafted posts over to my non-work PC later to upload.

Borric Hawkins, Human FighteroKbRJfp.jpg                                                  

Borric looked from Mud and Charity, the shrugged, "Alright, checking out the dome first then chase pussy. Normally, I would be in favor of tale-chasing first, but that's me."

He stepped off with Charity, walking beside her as they headed to the structures, a semicircle of four marble platforms, each surmounted by a colonnaded dome inlaid with pearlescent tiles that caught the glint of illumination the group provided with rays of a multihued fire. The shelters were elegantly furnished with carved stone benches and inlaid with mosaic scenes representative of scenes of the four elements, with air to the north, earth and fire in the center, and water to the south.

Just beyond these shelters was a low limestone platform inscribed with bas-relief of gods, spirits, animals, and all manner of mythological creatures of ancient Katapesh, surmounted at intervals by plinths of stone bearing statues of winged humanoids, male and female, each comforting the other but with a hand extended to beckon.

Hovering a foot above the platform’s center was a slowly rippling sphere of blue water.

Borric stopped short about 20 feet from the nearest of the shelters. "Interesting, but I don't see anyone. Do we want to get closer or turn around and find that kitty?"

Borric Hawkins
Initiative: +4 Perception: +16, Move 30ft
AC: 31 (26 w/out shield, 29(24w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 105 Current: 125
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip)
Fort: +13 Reflex: +9 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Mwk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining

Maneuvers:
Flail Trip CMB: +26 & Free AoO on success (Include -3 from PA or CE if used that round)
Flail Disarm CMB: +24 (Include -3 from PA or CE if used that round)
Combat Reflexes: 3 AoO/round, can use when flat-footed

Edited by Paro (see edit history)

@FrancisJohn the entry for Alfonse Cato lists his location as "House of Boraga, Venza". There is a Palazzo Boraga mentioned in some geography entries but it does not have its own entry. More importantly, it doesn't make much sense that Cato would be living or operating out of the Boraga estates because his blood relation to Dame Ludmilla is secret and because he's one of the bosses of Gandling. There was an adventure about Cato's conflict with Reginald King and IIRC both were located in Gandling. Shall I go ahead and change his location in the NPC entry?

EDIT: I'm just gonna do it. I cross-referenced Gandling on OGMW and it lists Cato as a notable NPC there. Let me know if there's a problem and I can change it back.

Edited by Merry Mortician (see edit history)

On 2/4/2023 at 5:25 AM, FrancisJohn said:

Also this one https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/3159-dice-tower-command-line-helpdocumentation/ for some examples. @Paro if you have multiple rolls then switch to the table roller and copy and paste them in from Notepad or something.