General Discussion [LPF]

FrancisJohn

• 4 weeks later...

The character creation section. I wanted to create a bordered region with a caption that fit inside the line rather than appeared above the line. 

I tried using source then writing html with a fieldset to create the bordered region but no line appeared. I opened the same code in a browser after renaming it as a html file and the border showed. I tried using legend to put the title inside the border but that failed. Again it appeared over the line.  I do not see anything in the editor they provide to do it either, except table, and that produces the same effect. Perhaps I am being too much of a perfectionist, but I'd like to be faithful to the original. I know it can be done because it was done here.

And I am struggling images, since I want to reproduce the last post here and the image floats over the top of the horizontal rules.

Also I'm not sure what to do about the first post in the thread since it was created by FJ (see Baldr Character Creation Rules) and once I do the job, how do I delete it or should I assume that I can send the replacement source and have it replaced?

If you double click on the images, you have some edit options. Not sure about the fieldset, I only use their buttons, I don’t go into source html mode. Whatever you make in the second post, I can either copy into the first one or make the first one just a table of contents or whatnot. Either way, thank you for stepping in and helping!

Sounds like what you were trying to do with HTML was the Fieldset option. The button looks kinda like a letter s in a box with an apostrophe on the left. Click that and it'll produce the bordered area with two text fields, one of which is the spot to incorporate text onto the border line.

I've downloaded, converted, and reuploaded images for each entry in NPCs and Organizations. I'm not sure if there's an easier way aside from loading from a URL.

I'll soon be able to report on the experience of carrying formatting and images from one IC post to the next. I'm a bit concerned I'll have to manually upload the character image in every post.

24 minutes ago, Merry Mortician said:

Sounds like what you were trying to do with HTML was the Fieldset option. The button looks kinda like a letter s in a box with an apostrophe on the left. Click that and it'll produce the bordered area with two text fields, one of which is the spot to incorporate text onto the border line.

I've downloaded, converted, and reuploaded images for each entry in NPCs and Organizations. I'm not sure if there's an easier way aside from loading from a URL.

I'll soon be able to report on the experience of carrying formatting and images from one IC post to the next. I'm a bit concerned I'll have to manually upload the character image in every post.

It’s actually very easy. Just hit the “clone” button next to “quote”!

3 hours ago, Merry Mortician said:

I was hoping that would work but hadn't tried yet. You can't clone from one thread to another as far as I can tell though.

You can quote from one thread to another though. Then remove the quote part.