Chapter 1: And so it begins ... (IC)

Shocker

token_1(5).png.2b95751388080bca58e2ac5ed304bf2d.pngKatya Evermoon | Circle of the Moon Druid | Human

AC: 12  | HP: 7/7 | Speed: 30 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 20, Insight 15, Investigation 19
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Stealth: +2
Sleight of Hand: +2
:
 14 | CONScore: -19 | INTScore: +2
Arcana: +2
History: +4
Investigation: +2
Nature: +4
Religion: +2
:
 14 | WISScore: +3

Animal Handling: +3
Insight: +3
Medicine: +5
Perception: +5
Survival: +3
:
 16 | CHAScore: +2

Deception: +2
Intimidation: +2
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +4
:

Languages: Common, Elvish, Draconic, Druidic

FeatsObservantQuick to notice details of your environment, you gain the following benefits:

Increase your Intelligence or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
If you can see a creature's mouth while it is speaking a language you understand, you can interpret what it's saying by reading its lips.
You have a +5 bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) and passive Intelligence (Investigation) scores.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a Druid spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared

| ActionsWeaponATTACK: -
RANGE: -
MAGIC BONUS: -
CRIT RANGE: -
DAMAGE: -
TYPE: -
DESCRIPTION: -

| SpellsCantrips
GuidanceGuidance
Divination Cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: One willing creature
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Description:You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one ability check of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making the ability check. The spell then ends.

DruidcraftDruidcraft
Transmutation Cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Target: See text
Components: V,S
Duration: Instantaneous
Description: Whispering to the spirits of nature, you create one of the following effects within range: You create a tiny, harmless sensory effect that predicts what the weather will be at your location for the next 24 hours. The effect might manifest as a golden orb for clear skies, a cloud for rain, falling snowflakes for snow, and so on. This effect persists for 1 round. You instantly make a flower blossom, a seed pod open, or a leaf bud bloom. You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as falling leaves, a puff of wind, the sound of a small animal, or the faint odor of skunk. The effect must fit in a 5-foot cube. You instantly light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.

Katya feels stiff once more as she mulls over the question posed by the white haired warrior, whether or not she was a noble. Surely she was no more noble than any other without any nobility to support her. She supposes the only claim she can make, is that she is of noble upbringing, and leave it at that. She accepts the cloak with a nod of her head before speaking.

"Thank you, I thought I would be better prepared. My father was of some importance I suppose... No longer"

When Vala Hel rebukes her offer, she fears as though she may have overstepped, having not appreciated that a name can be power, and the offer may have been insolent. The courts were a long way away, and these people had no reason to just accept her words, now more than ever, she needed to be more thoughtful in her speech. When the conversation returns to her experience with Dragons with Makaria, she smiles gently once more at the Tiefling, thanking her for her offer.

"I appreciate your words, but I could not expect from others what I cannot expect from myself"

The two arrive at the inn, the weathered sign of which creaks lazily as the light breeze blusters by. The door is heavy, typical of cold climate towns, even her own, and she places her shoulder against it to open. The bright haired princess gazes around the room as they enter the inn, a warmth washing over her from the sunbeams from the high windows. The innkeeper welcomes them, and Katya holds the door open to allow Makaria to enter in first before responding.

"Thank you Mr. Stonehill, a warm bowl of food and some spiced wine would be welcome, I believe we may have some others joining soon"

spacer.png

OOCAction:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/22/e6/9d/22e69da9d9b6723a1bab25ac3f300a4f.jpgVadania Holimion

Wood Elf | Monk

AC: 15  | HP: 10/10 | Speed: 35 ft | Features and Traits

Martial Arts | Ki Points 0 / 0

Vadania thanks the tiefling woman for holding the door and enters the inn behind the human woman, Katya, she had called herself. She made a mental note to try to remember the names of these people, as they would likely be helpful companions on any jobs she may undertake.

The inn was homely enough, though the lack of a fire in the hearth does strike her as odd.

She approached Katya with Makaria, "Do you mind if I sit?" she asked out of politeness, pulling a chair, and wincing at the screech it makes across the wooden floor before turning to the proprietor. "Food would be welcome, anything hot please." She was not picky over specifics, but food would be most welcome after the long travels.

After receiving whatever was ready and warm, she asked the innkeeper, "Mr. Stonehill, could you be so kind as to enlighten us travelers of how things fare in this town? We have not yet checked the job postings, perhaps you could fill us in?"

"Please make yourselves comfortable, my wife has her famous stew going, please don't ask me what's in it, she always tells me to mind my own business and leave the cooking to her." Stonehill walks over to Vadania, "May i be so bold and assume you would prefer a wooden spoon Miss?"

He walks quickly over to the a door next to the bar, and you hear some indistinguishable words, likely the inn keeper talking with his wife. He shortly returns with a simple goblet which he places in front of Katya. "Your spiced wine, good lady"

Looking at Makaria he offers "Food shall be ready in a few minutes, would you also like a bowl?" Letting Makaria ponder on the question he continues chatting.

To Vadania "You had asked how things are in town. Not to bad, you know they have struck gold here a few years back, would you believe it I actually came to Phandalin to mine my own fortune. Alas it didn't take me long to find out that my strengths are in another field, so I consider this humble inn my personal gold mine. Same for old Barthen with his store, I think Mistress Graywind does well with her armory. There is the miner's exchange hall at the edge of town. "

"As for that job board, I have no use for it, in fact that busybody Harbin Wester insists it's for official towns business only. As if me posting a job offer for a kitchen maid was not in the interest of the town." He skulks a bit for a moment before continuing  "Oh, and some folk claim to have seen a dragon flying through the high clouds, it's hard to gauge the creatures size but some say it's as big as an elephant, would you believe it what some people say."

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/22/e6/9d/22e69da9d9b6723a1bab25ac3f300a4f.jpgVadania Holimion

Wood Elf | Monk

"Much appreciated, sir, any spoon will be fine." She listened intently to the innkeeper's description of the town, his need for a kitchen maid, and perceived annoyance at this Harbin Wester - town councilman perhaps? She made a mental note to find him as well. If he's the one posting to the job board, he may have more information. "If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could we have stew bowls brought for three more? A few more travelers will be by shortly."

Vadania then turns her attention back to the women at the table, "Now I am truly interested to hear what is posted on this job board."

spacer.pngGilavar Oakhallow | High Elven Rogue | HP 10/10

Saves & Abilities

AC (Leather) 14 | Initiative +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | Perception +5 | Investigation +4 | Insight +1

Speed: 30 ft | Saves: Str +0 | Dex +5 | Con +2 | Int +4 | Wis +1 | Cha +0

Attacks: Shortsword +5, Piercing 1d6+3 | Shortbow +5, (80/320) Piercing 1d6+3 | Sneak Attack +1d6

Stealth +7 | Acrobatics +5 | Sleight of Hand +5 | Survival +3 | Athletics +2

Gilavar stares at the job board and says to himself, "wow, these jobs look easy and pay well. It would be better if we can find a map of the area." He pulls the three posts off the board after giving enough time for the other two travelers to read them.

"I'm ready for that drink and a hot meal. How about you?" He waits for them to walk to the inn.

ReitanPostPic.png.5a41899adcf19eebacf2382c3345fecf.pngReitan Rhuin

Tempest Cleric of Talos

AC: 18  | HP: 9/9 | Speed: 20 ft | Features and Traits

Wrath of the Storm | Spells | Attributes

Reitan read the notices quickly before Gilavar took them down.

All require an audience with a Harbin Wester it would seem, he says to no one in particular.

After the mention of the drinks and hot meal, he relented. No drinks for me, but a meal might be good.

Sure, lead the way.

Teifling2.jpg.960e04cc1a4f24460577c62d427c9893.jpgMAKARIA

The Sorceress of Hlal

AC: 13* | Hp: 8* Speed: 30 ft.

Draconic ancestry: Brass & Fire resistance. *Draconic resilience trait's. read/write/speak Draconic.

Asmodeous bloodline: *Intelligence increase & Thaumaturgy cantrip. read/write/speak infernal.

"I would also like a bowl of food and a mead thank you Mr Stonehill," The Tiefling replied. To Vadania she also replies . "By all means come and join us Vadania, isnt it."?

"Would you say that this dragon that is reputed to be seen flying in the clouds; to be predominantly white in colour,"? Makaria asked of the Innkeeper.

Makaria sat with both Katya and Vadania; no doubt the others would be joining them later. She would make a point of checking this so-called job board out for herself later.

Not wanting to delay Mr Stonehall from his duties; added one more question, "Mt Stonehall what happens at the Miners exchange hall at the end of town,"?

Sviga lævi - Vala Hel | ᚢᚨᛚᚨ∶ᚺᛖᛚ spacer.png

token_1.png.a0685da6a0bb5fda50b0f8d31b1534f9.png

ᚺᛖᛚ - Paladin I (Vengeance)
"The starving raven tells of Hel"

checked-shield.svg AC (18) sprint.svg Initiative (+2) Speed (30 ft.)
health-normal.svg HP (12/12) awareness.svg PP (12) dodging.svg LH (5/5)

invisible.svg Status: Normal

Saves & Abilities

Saving throws: Str (3) Dex (-1) Con (2) Int (-1) Wis (1) Cha (5).
Unarmed attack: 1d20+5, (4).
Abilities: Divine sense, lay on hands.

Vala noted the names of the people in question, and also teared the tickets from the poster in the board. Aye-aye, let’s move out! The white-haired girl replied to Gilavar with enthusiasm. As the group was leaving, she looked around searching for the “chief”, wondering about Mr. Wester. Hearing Reitan’s words, she said: Probably this Mr. Wester is the “town’s master” … and after a brief pause, she added: So, are you into a cult that forbids tasting a good ale? Her tone was polite. She kept walking with the others as they left the place, if they were leaving. And curious about the party she asked @JubalBreakbottle, @Akwehawk: And where are you guys from?

Edited by Siryuu (see edit history)

Saves & Abilities

AC (Leather) 14 | Initiative +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | Perception +5 | Investigation +4 | Insight +1

Attacks: Shortsword +5, Piercing 1d6+3 | Shortbow +5, (80/320) Piercing 1d6+3 | Sneak Attack +1d6

Gilavar arches an eyebrow at the white-haired human's question and replies, "lots of different places."

When they arrive at the inn, the elf sets the three job posters on the table of the stagecoach passengers. "Hey, look. Easy gold. This guy Townmaster Harbin Wester will pay us more than a hundred gold to deliver messages around the area." He sits down and politely signals for a drink and a hot meal.

"Who wants to join me? It would be better if we had a good map of the region."

OOC

Since 2 gp is about what people earn in a week, 100 gp is a lot of money. Even split 6 ways.

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

Sviga lævi - Vala Hel | ᚢᚨᛚᚨ∶ᚺᛖᛚ spacer.png

token_1.png.a0685da6a0bb5fda50b0f8d31b1534f9.png

ᚺᛖᛚ - Paladin I (Vengeance)
"The starving raven tells of Hel"

checked-shield.svg AC (18) sprint.svg Initiative (+2) Speed (30 ft.)
health-normal.svg HP (12/12) awareness.svg PP (12) dodging.svg LH (5/5)

invisible.svg Status: Normal

Saves & Abilities

Saving throws: Str (3) Dex (-1) Con (2) Int (-1) Wis (1) Cha (5).
Unarmed attack: 1d20+5, (4).
Abilities: Divine sense, lay on hands.

Vala chuckled and replied to the elf: A bit elusive, or just shy? Don’t you know that sometimes the ride is what really matters?

Back at the tavern she approached the girls, for she had exhorted them to wait for her, promising to bring news; she sat next to Makaria because she asked her to save her a seat. Makaria was the first person she greeted, and then she spoke in general: Thank you, girls! What are you having? She also commented: Are you feeling better, Katya? Do you still need my Piwafwi?

She then called for the innkeeper, and then looked intently at Gilavar talk; when he was done, she added: As I told you my friends, I went to the Town’s Master Hall to check for, and bring, news. This is it! She was referring to what Gilavar had presented. We are yet to learn whether you are up for taking quests and making gold; however, I surmise we all are here for the Dragon, right?

Whatever is to be entirely destroyed must first be held very firmly, and this stands for a great start. So, it would be great if you joined us. She handed the papers to the girls so they could check them in due time, saying: I guess we could split the bounties equally, I am a bit concerned of the lady at the south, so we could get started there. How about it? And how do you think your skills can be of use in this matter?

Edited by Siryuu (see edit history)

Toblen Stonehill shuffles around in his inn, dealing with the additional orders chattering merrily along.

"That's three more stews ... Here is your mead madam."

Adressing Makaria's questions "Miss I could not rightly say what color that dragon was, only heard of it never saw and, believe me if I ever see a dragon coming down from the sky onto me, I would start running before determining the color of it's scales. Now the miner's exchange, is where those lucky enough to strike gold are assaying and selling their finds. Guildmistress Thornton runs a very tight ship, wouldn't want to cross her. There is usually folk around telling you from what they have seen and heard around the area. Most of the time they tell you how large their claim is." 

At this he putters of towards his bar, cleaning glasses and putting away a stack of plates his wife had set out for him. Always ready to offer more of his service, or to settle the bill.

Saves & Abilities

Gilavar shrugs and and replies to Vala, "truthful, actually. My clan is nomadic."

Gilavar lets Vala take her place as the leader of the party. He was happy she wanted to accompany him and wasn't fussy that there was already an "us."

Many of these stagecoach riders seamed preoccupied with seeking out the dragon. He really didn't feel ready for that kind of experience, but evidently the job board focused many people on spreading the alarm or rumor of the dragon. Gilavar wanted to live life away from his clan, so he was very happy with the jobs to pay him to do that.

Before Mr. Stonehill leaves the table, the elf asks him, "Sir? Would you know where we can find a map of the region? These jobs for the Townmaster have us traveling all around the area."

"And, do you know Adabra Gwynn? When was the last time you saw her?"

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

ReitanPostPic.png.5a41899adcf19eebacf2382c3345fecf.pngReitan Rhuin

Tempest Cleric of Talos

AC: 18 | HP: 9/9 | Speed: 20 ft | Features and Traits

Wrath of the Storm | Spells | Attributes

Reitan pauses a moment. No cult, and the outskirts of Neverwinter, he says, skipping over any explanation regarding the ale.

He sits down with the rest and accepts the stew and hungrily works the bowl. He looks up at the mention of the dragon and nods in assent, then goes back to his bowl, only stopping once again when the innkeeper speaks of the miners and Gilavar mentions the woman living alone.

Teifling2.jpg.960e04cc1a4f24460577c62d427c9893.jpgMAKARIA

The Sorceress of Hlal

AC: 13* | Hp: 8* Speed: 30 ft.

Draconic ancestry: Brass & Fire resistance. *Draconic resilience trait's. read/write/speak Draconic.

Asmodeous bloodline: *Intelligence increase & Thaumaturgy cantrip. read/write/speak infernal.

Makaria; was soon busily devouring her stew then enjoying her much needed mead drink. Then noticed the others from the stagecoach joining her and Katya; it appeared she may not need to see the board after all? As her fellow adventurer Gilavar produced the three posters for all to read now. Affording him a smile as something stood out from the rest.

"The Gnomes of Gnomenguarde have magical inventions that may help in defeating the dragon; this sounds interesting indeed. I wonder what manner of inventions they are? perhaps they can can be used to defeat the dragon in the area,"? she commented.

Makaria, continued to take some more mouthfuls before speaking once again."Its very curious as to why this local midwife what was her name? Adabra Gwynn an acolyte of Chauntea. I'm curious as to why she has chosen to live alone in a windmill," she added.

Wood Elf | Monk

"These tasks seem simple enough, and I for one would be happy to have a little extra weight in my coin purse." She talked to the group after going over the notes brought back from the job board. The order didn't matter to her, but decided she should at least put it to the group to see what their thoughts were.

"Sounds like the woman, Adabra, would be an easy starting point. At least let her know what's going on in the town proper. Thoughts?" she wanted to be sure everyone was on board - distinctly different from her previous post where vain commanders followed only their own greedy ambitions.

Edited by CraterShip (see edit history)