Chapter 1: And so it begins ... (IC)

Shocker

Sviga lævi - Vala Hel | ᚢᚨᛚᚨ∶ᚺᛖᛚ spacer.png

token_1.png.a0685da6a0bb5fda50b0f8d31b1534f9.png

ᚺᛖᛚ - Paladin I (Vengeance)
"The starving raven tells of Hel"

checked-shield.svg AC (18) sprint.svg Initiative (+2) Speed (30 ft.)
health-normal.svg HP (12/12) awareness.svg PP (12) dodging.svg LH (5/5)

invisible.svg Status: Normal

Saves & Abilities

Saving throws: Str (3) Dex (-1) Con (2) Int (-1) Wis (1) Cha (5).
Unarmed attack: 1d20+5, (4).
Abilities: Divine sense, lay on hands.

Vala was enjoying the stew, she first tasted it without seasonings; others see her flavoring it up with salt, lemon and hot spice. Good job, keep! She shouted loudly, complimenting Mr. Stonehill. But thinking about the quests, she walks towards him, asks for another mug of beer and shot a couple of questions at Mr. Stonehill @Shocker:

Say, keep. The hall was empty, and no souls roamed about as to ask them what’s going on; the master’s jobs are mostly about delivering messages, which sounds like piece of cake… so...

1. Why the official request, what’s happening outside town?
  2. And how far is Adabra Gwynn from here, is it practical going by foot?

Then returned to her seat, and to Vadania and Makaria she said: I’m also interested in the gnome’s treasure, but I guess a lonely woman could be more endangered. And so, she raised a point: If the town master wants her to move here, we might require a cart and a mule to help her do so.

Edited by Siryuu (see edit history)

"Ah yes a map, not really sure, people don't have much use for them around here. Harbin Wester might have one for official business, and now that I think of it, they have a very nice map of the mountains painted to the wall of the Miner's exchange, to mark claims. Not sure how much those would help you."

He continues to talk "Adabra? You mean old Adabra Gwynn, she has been the town's midwife so long that she has lost respect for anybody she had helped into this world. Don't get me wrong she is a fine midwife and really good at healing, but that tongue of hers is abrasive. Not sure if she lives in her mill by choice or necessity. It's quite close if you walk steadily it's less than 2 hours from here."

Looking to Vala bringing her a beer now. "Harbin Wester, feels he has more important things to do, also he believes all this dragon talk. As if a dragon would want any of his old bones. Then again he is similarly afraid of Adabra's tongue."

spacer.pngGilavar Oakhallow | High Elven Rogue | HP 10/10

Saves & Abilities

AC (Leather) 14 | Initiative +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | Perception +5 | Investigation +4 | Insight +1

Speed: 30 ft | Saves: Str +0 | Dex +5 | Con +2 | Int +4 | Wis +1 | Cha +0

Attacks: Shortsword +5, Piercing 1d6+3 | Shortbow +5, (80/320) Piercing 1d6+3 | Sneak Attack +1d6

Stealth +7 | Acrobatics +5 | Sleight of Hand +5 | Survival +3 | Athletics +2

Gilavar continues to eat his warm stew that he had magically flavored to taste so ate with relish. He actively listened to the innkeeper and noddded appropriately. "Would that painted wall of the Miner's exchange be open? Could anyone go see it? Where is the Miner's exchange from here? And, where could we find this townmaster? Perhaps, we should find out if there are others pursuing the jobs before we start." He politely pauses between questions to allow answers.

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

The miner’s exchange is easy to find, you pass the town square in souther direction, past the Lionshield coster, then you take a turn to the left you can’t miss the exchange. As for the map it’s in The guild mistresses office, quite magnificent I might say.

he then thinks for a moment about the other question “You will find that penny pincher Wester likely at his own home, similar direction as the exchange, but you take a right turn, and the third house past the townhall is Wester’s house. I don’t think there is a big run for any job he is offering.

Saves & Abilities

AC (Leather) 14 | Initiative +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | Perception +5 | Investigation +4 | Insight +1

Attacks: Shortsword +5, Piercing 1d6+3 | Shortbow +5, (80/320) Piercing 1d6+3 | Sneak Attack +1d6

Gilavar finishes his magically flavorful stew and replies to the innkeeper, "thank you, sir. Penny pincher? Maybe his rewards are not certain? I suggest we visit him first to ensure he would keep his deal that he posted on the job board. And, the townmaster might have a map, too. If not, we can visit the miner's exchanger afterwards. Who would go with... us?" He looks at Vala at the mention of us wondering if she will take the lead from her.

ReitanPostPic.png.5a41899adcf19eebacf2382c3345fecf.pngReitan Rhuin

Tempest Cleric of Talos

AC: 18  | HP: 9/9 | Speed: 20 ft | Features and Traits

Wrath of the Storm | Spells | Attributes

Reitan made a dramatic effort to push the remaining stew away from him and turned to Gilavar.

I'm game. Sooner the better.

Reitan got up to leave, hesitating to only to see who else follows.

Saves & Abilities

By the time Reitan displayed his resolve at the table, Vala was leaning at the bar. She took a gold coin and paid for the travelers and for herself. This will suffice. She had in mind that Katya would pay the drinks, but decided to leave that for another time, maybe as a courtesy. Thereafter she talked again to the keep, in a polite manner, whilst letting the others hear her words. I’ll be going to the town master’s place, ask for directions and maybe for a map; then I will buy me a mule. Who’s coming? And looking at the men, she said, I know you are going to the miners guild, alright. And added, speaking to all of the travelers: If it’s wise leaving today, I’ll meet with you at the town’s exit in the direction of Mrs. Gwynn; otherwise, tomorrow at first light. She paused for a moment, giving a chance for the rest to speak, and putting on her mantle, she left. OOC: I believe this is as much as we can get from the keep for the moment, so if any of you is going with Vala now, just let me know IC; “Vala waiting for you at the exit” is used here as way/explanation to meet with you once we leave for the quest, regardless of the time (if for any reasons we aren’t together at leave).

Saves & Abilities

Gilavar almost spits into his drink when Vala announces that she is going to the townmaster's house. Seeing that the northern woman paid a gold coin at the bar, the elf shoots his ale and shoulders his backpack, quiver, and shortbow.

From the doorway, he calls to the innkeeper, "Thank you, sir. We might be back to stay the night."

OOC: Gilavar is ready to go to the townmaster's, too.

Teifling2.jpg.92b0f5d83f3c88ebc7e42247a276ca8d.jpg

MAKARIA

The Sorceress of Hlal

AC: 13* | Hp: 8* Speed: 30 ft.

Draconic ancestry: Brass & Fire resistance. *Draconic resilience trait's. read/write/speak Draconic.

Asmodeous bloodline: *Intelligence increase & Thaumaturgy cantrip. read/write/speak infernal.

Makaria, notices that Vala offered to pay for everyone up at the bar; moreover wanted to go now and pursue a lead. She finishes her stew without haste and downs the rest of her mead; it appeared that someone's on the move?

Excusing herself from the table; "That is an excellent idea right now I will be joining you Vala. Its best not to greet the dawn without a map is it not? Will you join us also Katya," she asked facing her after addressing the Paladin of the group.

Makaria; will thank Mr Stonehill for the food and drink; "I would also like to return for a bed for the night," she added. She will join Vala and whoever joins her in this initial quest; it was good to start somewhere; she thought.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/22/e6/9d/22e69da9d9b6723a1bab25ac3f300a4f.jpgVadania Holimion

Wood Elf | Monk

AC: 15  | HP: 10/10 | Speed: 35 ft | Features and Traits

Martial Arts | Ki Points 0 / 0

Seeing the plan was as good as any, Vadania followed the others out of the inn. While a map could be useful, the small size of the town meant it was probably not entirely necessary. In any case, she did not think it wise to split up on the first potential adventure, so followed along.

ReitanPostPic.png.5a41899adcf19eebacf2382c3345fecf.pngReitan Rhuin

Tempest Cleric of Talos

AC: 18  | HP: 9/9 | Speed: 20 ft | Features and Traits

Wrath of the Storm | Spells | Attributes

Reitan exited the inn, but not before flicking a gold piece to Stonehill.

For when we return. Lodging, food, or whatever.

He walked outside and waited for the others, fingering his amulet around his neck.

After everyone exits the inn, Reitan heads toward the townmasters home, eyes peeled.

Edited by Akwehawk
Roll and trek to townmaster (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+5 15

You casually stroll out of the Stonehill inn, stepping on the town square, one of the main roads of the town splits it from north to south, on the other side of the road you spot a shrine but see no attendants. Walking south you pass a large establishment on the southside of the square. Hanging above the front door of this modest trading post is a sign shaped like a wooden shield with a blue lion painted on it.

Following the directions you have been given you pass the town hall and count the houses until you stand in front of Harbin Wester's home. Once you knock at the door to hear a voice from inside "If you are a dragon, know that I'm far to thin and bony to make a good meal." But the door remains firmly shut.

Saves & Abilities

Once Harbin spoke, Vala replied in a polite, but lighthearted way:

I might be as hot as a red dragon, but not one of them! This is Vala of Icewind Dale; worry no more master Wester, for we are here to blot out the scourge that draws fears to your ears. We are a group of six adventurers looking for directions and advice, which might as well help you thrive in your business, should the advice be good.

We already took notice of the jobs posted at the hall. And thus, we are headed to Adabra Gwynn's place... so:

1. We would like to learn of the dangers in the road, and of the reasons Gwynn lives away from Phandalin (to prevent a push-back).
  2. If she agrees to leave her place, where will you relocate her?
  3. On the other hand, we require a map, which might be of help in planning our trips to commit to your quests.

Vala awaited Harbin’s comments, and made room to let the others talk; she stood close to the door.

@ShockerPlease let me know if you need a roll.

Saves & Abilities

Gilavar is one of the leaders of the gaggle of stagecoach riders heading toward the townmaster's home. Along the way, he takes note of the architecture and state of the town as he would look for the threats and enjoy a beautiful walk through the forest. He doesn't have much experience with the closed quarters of civilization so is eager to learn.

Arriving at the townmaster's, the elf hears the fear in the townmaster's voice and is surprised that Vala announces their intentions to the firmly shut door of the townmaster and rest of town within earshot. He was used to quietly speaking to individuals face to face, in order to keep the natural peace, but was eager to absorb the ways of the civilized.