Character Creation Questions

Llyarden

I have no idea when the ad will close, that's automatic on Baldr's end. (And I have to keep reminding myself to not write 'Baldur'...) If the ad closes and the change in permissions stops people posting I will reopen the forum as soon as I get the opportunity. In practice, I will most likely start reviewing apps on what is for me Monday mid-morning - that is, in about 36 hours from the time of this post - so any changes that you make after that may or may not be accounted for when I'm making my decisions.

That's good to know. I'm really hoping to get most of the pertinent information added to my application thread, but a lot of my day today has been unexpectedly commandeered so I'm hoping to get the time I need to finish up in time...

The barebones of my characters are done like the fluff. Crunch is done except spell selection and feats which are a mess at the moment. In short, the complete product of my character is generalist sphere sorceress with smattering of talents from most of the spheres. Not sure if I can get it done in time which is unlikely.

Edited by MysteryNo1 (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

Yeah, I am still working on typing out class abilities that fit into a statblock. I should be sleeping, because I work in 1hr and 15 minutes lol.

I generally just go with a pretty basic statblock and add a line for 'Resistances', one for 'Other Defenses' (or abilities like Darkvision or Tremorsense that would alter the way the character would perceive the scene the DM is setting so they can describe it accurately without you needing to ask after the fact), etc and a spoiler at the end for anything that doesn't 'fit' in a statblock if needed, like a list of ongoing effects from worn items, list of most commonly or always used Spells/Powers, or currently Shaped Veils. Packing an entire character sheet's worth of class abilities into a statblock defeats the purpose of a statblock.

Statblocks, for me, are for the player and DM to be able to quickly glance at in order to pull relevant numbers from (Various ACs, resistances, saves, attack modifiers, initiative, damage resistance, etc, etc.), and things like weapons wielded for purposes of granting AoOs, etc. anything else can just be checked on the sheet itself with a handy included link to it in the statblock. Essentially, unless it would be potentially immediately relevant to the DM in the middle of posting their round of combat...it isn't really important enough to include unless they specifically ask me to include it in the future.

Edited by BBK (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, BBK said:

I generally just go with a pretty basic statblock and add a line for 'Resistances', one for 'Other Defenses' (or abilities like Darkvision or Tremorsense that would alter the way the character would perceive the scene the DM is setting so they can describe it accurately without you needing to ask after the fact), etc and a spoiler at the end for anything that doesn't 'fit' in a statblock if needed, like a list of ongoing effects from worn items, list of most commonly or always used Spells/Powers, or currently Shaped Veils. Packing an entire character sheet's worth of class abilities into a statblock defeats the purpose of a statblock.

Statblocks, for me, are for the player and DM to be able to quickly glance at in order to pull relevant numbers from (Various ACs, resistances, saves, attack modifiers, initiative, damage resistance, etc, etc.), and things like weapons wielded for purposes of granting AoOs, etc. anything else can just be checked on the sheet itself with a handy included link to it in the statblock. Essentially, unless it would be potentially immediately relevant to the DM in the middle of posting their round of combat...it isn't really important enough to include unless they specifically ask me to include it in the future.

i go into a lot more detail in my statblock

example

example

. [B]Class:[/B] Evasion, Improved Uncanny Dodge [b]Skills:[/b] Acrobatics 16, Appraise 13, Bluff 8, Climb 5, Diplomacy 11, Disable Device 21, Disguise 8, Escape Artist 16, Heal 7, Intimidate 8, Linguistics 12, Perception 24, Perfom Dance 17, Sense Motive 16, Sleight of Hand 7, Spellcraft 13, Stealth 20, Survival 7, Swim 5, UMD 17 [B]Knowledge Skills:[/B] Arcana 14, Dungeoneering 14, Geography 12, History 15, Local 11, Nature 12, Nobility 10, Planes 10, Religion 10, Psionics 13 [b]Craft skills:[/b] Armorsmith 20, Blacksmith 20, Cook 15, Glassmaker 20, Gemcrafter 28, Mason 13, Tailor 13, Weaponsmith 20, Woodworker 13 [b]Profession Skills:[/b] Carpenter 16, Driver 11, Fisherman 7, Jeweler 12, Merchant 12 [b]Languages:[/b] Common, Arequin, Draconic, Gim, Necril, Nixali, Rennian, Sylvan, Tylinese [b]Feats: 1st:[/b] Craft Wonderous Items (retraining), [b]Bonus:[/b] Additional Traits (+2 universal traits), Cunning [b]1st:[/b] Craft Wonderous Items [b]3rd:[/b] Craft Arms and Armor (retraining) [b]5th:[/b] Master Craftsman (Gemcrafter), [B]7th:[/B] Two-Weapon Fighting [B]8th:[/B] Double Slice (class) [B]9th:[/B] Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (retrain) [spoiler=Spells][b]Daily Bard Spells[/b] [b]1st:[/b] 3 [b]Spells Known 0-Lvl:[/b] 5 [b]1st:[/b] 3 [b]0-lvl:[/b] Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation [b]1st:[/b] Identify, Tears to Wine [/spoiler] [spoiler=Maneuvers][B]Maximum Level:[/B] 3, [B]Maneuvers Known:[/B] 7, [B]Maneuvers Readied:[/B] 4, [B]Stances Known:[/B] 3 [B]Maneuvers:[/B] Mithral Current, Thrashing Dragon, Veiled Moon. At 1st level, a hidden blade adds Broken Blade to her list of available disciplines. [B]Maneuvers Known:[/B] [ooc="Fading Strike"][B]Discipline:[/B] Veiled Moon (Strike) (teleportation); [B]Level:[/B] 2 [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 standard action, [B]Range:[/B] Personal, [B]Target:[/B] Up to the disciple’s movement speed, [B]Duration:[/B] Instant The disciple learns the basic technique at this level for walking between worlds to reach locations that previously could be inaccessible on the mortal world and potentially attack foes at those locales. As a standard action, the initiator may either teleport to a location no farther away than his maximum movement speed, and make an attack action against an opponent as part of the same standard action, or attack an adjacent target and then teleport to a location no farther away than his maximum movement speed. The teleportation destination must be clearly seen by the disciple to teleport to that location, and it must be unoccupied.[/ooc], [ooc="Flowing Creek"][B]Discipline:[/B] Mithral Current (Counter); [B]Level:[/B] 1 [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 immediate action, [B]Range:[/B] Personal, [B]Target:[/B] Self, [B]Duration:[/B] Instant Like the flowing water that inspired your art, you sidestep and work around foes instead of fighting them directly. You can initiate this counter in response to a melee or ranged attack (including touch or ranged touch spell attacks) being made against you. Make a Perform (dance) check, using your opponent’s attack roll as the DC. If you succeed, the attack is negated and you may take a 5-foot step as a free action, even if you have already taken one this round.[/ooc], [ooc="Flurry Strike"][B]Discipline:[/B] Broken Blade (Strike); [B]Level:[/B] 1, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 standard action, [B]Range:[/B] Melee attack [B]Target:[/B] One creature, Duration: Instant The disciple of the Broken Blade learns to maximize openings in his opponent’s defenses and makes lightning fast attacks whenever possible. As a standard action, the initiator may make two attacks at his full base attack bonus.[/ooc], [ooc="Ghost Hunting Blow"][B]Discipline:[/B] Veiled Moon (Boost); [B]Level:[/B] 1, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 swift action, [B]Range:[/B] Personal [B]Target:[/B] You, [B]Duration:[/B] One round By reaching across the barrier between worlds, the disciple may strike at disembodied spirits as easily he would strike a normal mortal. Any and all of the initiator’s attacks made this round, including attacks of opportunity, are made as if the initiator’s weapon possessed the ghost touch property. This is an Ethereal plane using maneuver.[/ooc], [ooc="Half-Gone"][B]Discipline:[/B] Veiled Moon (Counter) (teleportation); [B]Level:[/B] 2, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 immediate action [B]Range:[/B] Personal, [B]Target:[/B] You, [B]Duration:[/B] Instant By momentarily slipping through the barrier between the Material and the Astral planes, the Veiled Moon disciple may attempt to avoid an attack by being incorporeal. The initiator makes an opposed Stealth check against the attacker’s Perception check; if successful the initiator is incorporeal for that attack (resolve the attack against the initiator as normal for striking an incorporeal target). This counter may be attempted to defend against targeted and area of effect spells, making a Stealth check in place of a Reflex save.[/ooc], [ooc=Steel Flurry Strike][B]Discipline:[/B] Broken Blade (Strike); Level: 3 [B]Prerequisite(s):[/B] One Broken Blade maneuver, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 standard action [B]Range:[/B] Melee attack, [B]Target[/B]: One creature, [B]Duration:[/B] Instant [B]DESCRIPTION[/B] The disciple makes a furious set of attacks upon his foe, hammering through defenses and striking rapidly. The initiator may make three attacks against his foe at full base attack bonus with a -2 penalty to hit. Successful hits inflict an additional 3d6 points of damage per hit.[/ooc], [ooc="Tidal Blade"][B]Discipline:[/B] Mithral Current (Strike); [B]Level:[/B] 1, Initiation [B]Action: [/B]1 standard action [B]Range:[/B] Melee attack, [B]Target[/B]: Up to two creatures, [B]Duration:[/B] Instant As a disciple of the Mithral Current discipline, your skill and grace comes from your flowing movements and lightning-quick attacks. You make a swift slash, striking through multiple enemies with your swing. Make a melee attack roll and compare it to the AC of two creatures within your reach. If the attack roll hits a target, the attack deals weapon damage as normal. Use the same damage roll for each target. If you drew your weapon as part of this strike, you gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll. [/ooc]. [B]Stances Known:[/B] [ooc="Battle Dragon's Stance"][B]Discipline:[/B] Thrashing Dragon (Stance); [B]Level:[/B] 3 [B]Prerequisite(s):[/B] 1 Thrashing Dragon maneuver [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 swift action [B]Range:[/B] Personal [B]Target:[/B] You [B]Duration:[/B] Stance [B]DESCRIPTION[/B] The Battle Dragon’s Stance shows the disciple how to balance his fighting style and through this centering of being, he may find speed, finesse, and power. While in the Battle Dragon’s Stance, the disciple reduces his two-weapon fighting penalties by 2, and gains a +4 bonus to Initiative checks and adds 1d6 + initiation modifier to melee damage while fighting with two weapons.[/ooc] [ooc="Iron Hand Stance"][B]Discipline:[/B] Broken Blade (Stance); [B]Level:[/B] 1, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 swift action [B]Range:[/B] Personal, [B]Target:[/B] You, [B]Duration:[/B] Stance By keeping his hands stiff and his arms loose and ready, the disciple uses his bare palms as shields to protect himself from the weapons of his foes. While in this stance, the initiator gains a +2 shield bonus to his AC while he has at least one free hand. At the initiator’s 6th initiator level, this bonus increases by +1, again at 12th level, and a final time at 18th level.[/ooc], [ooc="Spirit Sensing Stance"][B]Discipline:[/B] Veiled Moon (Stance); [B]Level:[/B] 1, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 swift action [B]Range:[/B] Personal, [B]Target:[/B] You, [B]Duration:[/B] Stance By sensing the different patterns all beings that exist have, the senses of the Veiled Moon disciple exceed that of natural beings and move into the realm of supernatural awareness. While in this stance, the initiators gains the scent special ability and he may detect creatures on the Ethereal plane that are near the Material plane within 30-ft. of his position.[/ooc] [B]Readied:[/B] Fading Strike, Flowing Creek, Steel Flurry Strike, Half-Gone [/spoiler] [spoiler=Gambits (Ex)][spoiler=Gambits (Ex)]A hidden blade is a cunning warrior who seizes opportunities as they present themselves to put his enemies in untenable positions. At 1st level, a hidden blade selects two gambits from the gambits available to warlords, or the hidden blade gambits listed below. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, a hidden blade selects an additional gambit to learn. Any gambit that would normally use the hidden blade’s Charisma modifier to determine its effects instead uses her hidden blade initiation modifier. These gambits allow the hidden blade to recover maneuvers. Due to their reliance on the stresses of combat to bring out the best of the hidden blade, gambits cannot be used outside combat. A gambit has two aspects: a risk and a reward. A gambit’s risk describes an action the hidden blade must take in order to play the gambit. The hidden blade begin a gambit as a swift action, then performs the gambit’s risk action. She may add her hidden blade initiation modifier as a luck bonus on any d20 rolls made while performing this action (such as the Acrobatics check of an acrobatic gambit, or the attack roll of a brave gambit). The hidden blade only gets this bonus if she used a swift action to begin the gambit; if taking the actions normally, she gains no additional benefits. If the hidden blade initiates a maneuver as part of a gambit, she cannot recover that maneuver when the gambit is completed (even if it’s her only expended maneuver). If the hidden blade succeeds at her gambit’s risk, she recovers a number of expended maneuvers equal to her hidden blade initiation modifier (minimum 2) and gains the reward listed in the gambit’s description. Allies who would gain a benefit from the gambit’s reward must be within 60 feet of the hidden blade and able to see her perform the gambit’s risk If the hidden blade fails her gambit (such as missing the charge attack of a brave gambit, or failing the saving throw of an unbreakable gambit), she suffers the gambit’s rake, recovering only a single expended maneuver and taking a –2 penalty on all d20 rolls for one round.[/spoiler] [B]Initiation Modifier:[/B] 4 [ooc="Coward's Gabmit"][B]Risk:[/B] The hidden blade attacks a flat-footed opponent or an opponent she is flanking. [B]Reward:[/B]The hidden blade’s allies gain a bonus on damage rolls against that opponent equal to the hidden blade’s initiation modifier for one round.[/ooc] [ooc="Flanker's Gambit"][B]Risk:[/B] The hidden blade attacks an opponent adjacent to one of the hidden blade’s other allies. [B]Reward:[/B] The hidden blade is considered to be flanking that opponent until the end of her next turn, even if the hidden blade is not in a position that would allow her to flank them. [/ooc] [ooc="Stealth Gambit (Su)"][B]Risk:[/B] The hidden blade makes a Stealth check to hide. [B]Reward:[/B] The hidden blade becomes invisible for a number of rounds equal to her initiation modifier, as if under the effect of an invisibility spell.[/ooc] [ooc=Acrobatic Gambit][B]Risk:[/B] The hidden blade makes an Acrobatics check to move through a creature’s threatened area without provoking attacks of opportunity. [B]Reward:[/B] The hidden blade and each of his allies gains a morale bonus equal to the warlord’s initiation modifier on the damage roll of the next attack they make against that creature before the start of the warlord’s next turn.[/ooc][/spoiler]
Class: Evasion, Improved Uncanny Dodge
Skills: Acrobatics 16, Appraise 13, Bluff 8, Climb 5, Diplomacy 11, Disable Device 21, Disguise 8, Escape Artist 16, Heal 7, Intimidate 8, Linguistics 12, Perception 24, Perfom Dance 17, Sense Motive 16, Sleight of Hand 7, Spellcraft 13, Stealth 20, Survival 7, Swim 5, UMD 17
Knowledge Skills: Arcana 14, Dungeoneering 14, Geography 12, History 15, Local 11, Nature 12, Nobility 10, Planes 10, Religion 10, Psionics 13
Craft skills: Armorsmith 20, Blacksmith 20, Cook 15, Glassmaker 20, Gemcrafter 28, Mason 13, Tailor 13, Weaponsmith 20, Woodworker 13
Profession Skills: Carpenter 16, Driver 11, Fisherman 7, Jeweler 12, Merchant 12
Languages: Common, Arequin, Draconic, Gim, Necril, Nixali, Rennian, Sylvan, Tylinese
Feats: 1st: Craft Wonderous Items (retraining), Bonus: Additional Traits (+2 universal traits), Cunning 1st: Craft Wonderous Items 3rd: Craft Arms and Armor (retraining) 5th: Master Craftsman (Gemcrafter), 7th: Two-Weapon Fighting 8th: Double Slice (class) 9th: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (retrain)

Spells

Daily Bard Spells 1st: 3
Spells Known 0-Lvl: 5 1st: 3
0-lvl: Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st: Identify, Tears to Wine

Maneuvers

Maximum Level: 3, Maneuvers Known: 7, Maneuvers Readied: 4, Stances Known: 3
Maneuvers: Mithral Current, Thrashing Dragon, Veiled Moon. At 1st level, a hidden blade adds Broken Blade to her list of available disciplines.
Maneuvers Known: Fading Strike Discipline: Veiled Moon (Strike) (teleportation); Level: 2
Initiation Action: 1 standard action, Range: Personal, Target: Up to the disciple’s movement speed, Duration: Instant

The disciple learns the basic technique at this level for walking between worlds to reach locations that previously could be inaccessible on the mortal world and potentially attack foes at those locales. As a standard action, the initiator may either teleport to a location no farther away than his maximum movement speed, and make an attack action against an opponent as part of the same standard action, or attack an adjacent target and then teleport to a location no farther away than his maximum movement speed. The teleportation destination must be clearly seen by the disciple to teleport to that location, and it must be unoccupied.
, Flowing Creek Discipline: Mithral Current (Counter); Level: 1
Initiation Action: 1 immediate action, Range: Personal, Target: Self, Duration: Instant

Like the flowing water that inspired your art, you sidestep and work around foes instead of fighting them directly. You can initiate this counter in response to a melee or ranged attack (including touch or ranged touch spell attacks) being made against you. Make a Perform (dance) check, using your opponent’s attack roll as the DC. If you succeed, the attack is negated and you may take a 5-foot step as a free action, even if you have already taken one this round.
, Flurry Strike Discipline: Broken Blade (Strike); Level: 1, Initiation Action: 1 standard action, Range: Melee attack
Target: One creature, Duration: Instant

The disciple of the Broken Blade learns to maximize openings in his opponent’s defenses and makes lightning fast attacks whenever possible. As a standard action, the initiator may make two attacks at his full base attack bonus.
, Ghost Hunting Blow Discipline: Veiled Moon (Boost); Level: 1, Initiation Action: 1 swift action, Range: Personal
Target: You, Duration: One round

By reaching across the barrier between worlds, the disciple may strike at disembodied spirits as easily he would strike a normal mortal. Any and all of the initiator’s attacks made this round, including attacks of opportunity, are made as if the initiator’s weapon possessed the ghost touch property. This is an Ethereal plane using maneuver.
, Half-Gone Discipline: Veiled Moon (Counter) (teleportation); Level: 2, Initiation Action: 1 immediate action
Range: Personal, Target: You, Duration: Instant

By momentarily slipping through the barrier between the Material and the Astral planes, the Veiled Moon disciple may attempt to avoid an attack by being incorporeal. The initiator makes an opposed Stealth check against the attacker’s Perception check; if successful the initiator is incorporeal for that attack (resolve the attack against the initiator as normal for striking an incorporeal target). This counter may be attempted to defend against targeted and area of effect spells, making a Stealth check in place of a Reflex save.
, Steel Flurry Strike Discipline: Broken Blade (Strike); Level: 3
Prerequisite(s): One Broken Blade maneuver, Initiation Action: 1 standard action
Range: Melee attack, Target : One creature, Duration: Instant
DESCRIPTION
The disciple makes a furious set of attacks upon his foe, hammering through defenses and striking rapidly. The initiator may make three attacks against his foe at full base attack bonus with a -2 penalty to hit. Successful hits inflict an additional 3d6 points of damage per hit.
, Tidal Blade Discipline: Mithral Current (Strike); Level: 1, Initiation Action: 1 standard action
Range: Melee attack, Target : Up to two creatures, Duration: Instant

As a disciple of the Mithral Current discipline, your skill and grace comes from your flowing movements and lightning-quick attacks. You make a swift slash, striking through multiple enemies with your swing. Make a melee attack roll and compare it to the AC of two creatures within your reach. If the attack roll hits a target, the attack deals weapon damage as normal. Use the same damage roll for each target. If you drew your weapon as part of this strike, you gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll.
Stances Known: Battle Dragon's Stance Discipline: Thrashing Dragon (Stance); Level: 3
Prerequisite(s): 1 Thrashing Dragon maneuver Initiation Action: 1 swift action Range: Personal
Target: You Duration: Stance
DESCRIPTION
The Battle Dragon’s Stance shows the disciple how to balance his fighting style and through this centering of being, he may find speed, finesse, and power. While in the Battle Dragon’s Stance, the disciple reduces his two-weapon fighting penalties by 2, and gains a +4 bonus to Initiative checks and adds 1d6 + initiation modifier to melee damage while fighting with two weapons.
Iron Hand Stance Discipline: Broken Blade (Stance); Level: 1, Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: Personal, Target: You, Duration: Stance

By keeping his hands stiff and his arms loose and ready, the disciple uses his bare palms as shields to protect himself from the weapons of his foes. While in this stance, the initiator gains a +2 shield bonus to his AC while he has at least one free hand. At the initiator’s 6th initiator level, this bonus increases by +1, again at 12th level, and a final time at 18th level.
, Spirit Sensing Stance Discipline: Veiled Moon (Stance); Level: 1, Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: Personal, Target: You, Duration: Stance

By sensing the different patterns all beings that exist have, the senses of the Veiled Moon disciple exceed that of natural beings and move into the realm of supernatural awareness. While in this stance, the initiators gains the scent special ability and he may detect creatures on the Ethereal plane that are near the Material plane within 30-ft. of his position.

Readied: Fading Strike, Flowing Creek, Steel Flurry Strike, Half-Gone

Gambits (Ex)

Gambits (Ex)

A hidden blade is a cunning warrior who seizes opportunities as they present themselves to put his enemies in untenable positions. At 1st level, a hidden blade selects two gambits from the gambits available to warlords, or the hidden blade gambits listed below. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, a hidden blade selects an additional gambit to learn. Any gambit that would normally use the hidden blade’s Charisma modifier to determine its effects instead uses her hidden blade initiation modifier. These gambits allow the hidden blade to recover maneuvers. Due to their reliance on the stresses of combat to bring out the best of the hidden blade, gambits cannot be used outside combat.

A gambit has two aspects: a risk and a reward. A gambit’s risk describes an action the hidden blade must take in order to play the gambit. The hidden blade begin a gambit as a swift action, then performs the gambit’s risk action. She may add her hidden blade initiation modifier as a luck bonus on any d20 rolls made while performing this action (such as the Acrobatics check of an acrobatic gambit, or the attack roll of a brave gambit). The hidden blade only gets this bonus if she used a swift action to begin the gambit; if taking the actions normally, she gains no additional benefits. If the hidden blade initiates a maneuver as part of a gambit, she cannot recover that maneuver when the gambit is completed (even if it’s her only expended maneuver).

If the hidden blade succeeds at her gambit’s risk, she recovers a number of expended maneuvers equal to her hidden blade initiation modifier (minimum 2) and gains the reward listed in the gambit’s description. Allies who would gain a benefit from the gambit’s reward must be within 60 feet of the hidden blade and able to see her perform the gambit’s risk

If the hidden blade fails her gambit (such as missing the charge attack of a brave gambit, or failing the saving throw of an unbreakable gambit), she suffers the gambit’s rake, recovering only a single expended maneuver and taking a –2 penalty on all d20 rolls for one round.

Initiation Modifier: 4
Coward's Gabmit Risk: The hidden blade attacks a flat-footed opponent or an opponent she is flanking.
Reward: The hidden blade’s allies gain a bonus on damage rolls against that opponent equal to the hidden blade’s initiation modifier for one round.

Flanker's Gambit Risk: The hidden blade attacks an opponent adjacent to one of the hidden blade’s other allies.
Reward: The hidden blade is considered to be flanking that opponent until the end of her next turn, even if the hidden blade is not in a position that would allow her to flank them.

Stealth Gambit (Su) Risk: The hidden blade makes a Stealth check to hide.
Reward: The hidden blade becomes invisible for a number of rounds equal to her initiation modifier, as if under the effect of an invisibility spell.

Acrobatic Gambit Risk: The hidden blade makes an Acrobatics check to move through a creature’s threatened area without provoking attacks of opportunity.
Reward: The hidden blade and each of his allies gains a morale bonus equal to the warlord’s initiation modifier on the damage roll of the next attack they make against that creature before the start of the warlord’s next turn.

27 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

i go into a lot more detail in my statblock

example

example

. [B]Class:[/B] Evasion, Improved Uncanny Dodge [b]Skills:[/b] Acrobatics 16, Appraise 13, Bluff 8, Climb 5, Diplomacy 11, Disable Device 21, Disguise 8, Escape Artist 16, Heal 7, Intimidate 8, Linguistics 12, Perception 24, Perfom Dance 17, Sense Motive 16, Sleight of Hand 7, Spellcraft 13, Stealth 20, Survival 7, Swim 5, UMD 17 [B]Knowledge Skills:[/B] Arcana 14, Dungeoneering 14, Geography 12, History 15, Local 11, Nature 12, Nobility 10, Planes 10, Religion 10, Psionics 13 [b]Craft skills:[/b] Armorsmith 20, Blacksmith 20, Cook 15, Glassmaker 20, Gemcrafter 28, Mason 13, Tailor 13, Weaponsmith 20, Woodworker 13 [b]Profession Skills:[/b] Carpenter 16, Driver 11, Fisherman 7, Jeweler 12, Merchant 12 [b]Languages:[/b] Common, Arequin, Draconic, Gim, Necril, Nixali, Rennian, Sylvan, Tylinese [b]Feats: 1st:[/b] Craft Wonderous Items (retraining), [b]Bonus:[/b] Additional Traits (+2 universal traits), Cunning [b]1st:[/b] Craft Wonderous Items [b]3rd:[/b] Craft Arms and Armor (retraining) [b]5th:[/b] Master Craftsman (Gemcrafter), [B]7th:[/B] Two-Weapon Fighting [B]8th:[/B] Double Slice (class) [B]9th:[/B] Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (retrain) [spoiler=Spells][b]Daily Bard Spells[/b] [b]1st:[/b] 3 [b]Spells Known 0-Lvl:[/b] 5 [b]1st:[/b] 3 [b]0-lvl:[/b] Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation [b]1st:[/b] Identify, Tears to Wine [/spoiler] [spoiler=Maneuvers][B]Maximum Level:[/B] 3, [B]Maneuvers Known:[/B] 7, [B]Maneuvers Readied:[/B] 4, [B]Stances Known:[/B] 3 [B]Maneuvers:[/B] Mithral Current, Thrashing Dragon, Veiled Moon. At 1st level, a hidden blade adds Broken Blade to her list of available disciplines. [B]Maneuvers Known:[/B] [ooc="Fading Strike"][B]Discipline:[/B] Veiled Moon (Strike) (teleportation); [B]Level:[/B] 2 [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 standard action, [B]Range:[/B] Personal, [B]Target:[/B] Up to the disciple’s movement speed, [B]Duration:[/B] Instant The disciple learns the basic technique at this level for walking between worlds to reach locations that previously could be inaccessible on the mortal world and potentially attack foes at those locales. As a standard action, the initiator may either teleport to a location no farther away than his maximum movement speed, and make an attack action against an opponent as part of the same standard action, or attack an adjacent target and then teleport to a location no farther away than his maximum movement speed. The teleportation destination must be clearly seen by the disciple to teleport to that location, and it must be unoccupied.[/ooc], [ooc="Flowing Creek"][B]Discipline:[/B] Mithral Current (Counter); [B]Level:[/B] 1 [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 immediate action, [B]Range:[/B] Personal, [B]Target:[/B] Self, [B]Duration:[/B] Instant Like the flowing water that inspired your art, you sidestep and work around foes instead of fighting them directly. You can initiate this counter in response to a melee or ranged attack (including touch or ranged touch spell attacks) being made against you. Make a Perform (dance) check, using your opponent’s attack roll as the DC. If you succeed, the attack is negated and you may take a 5-foot step as a free action, even if you have already taken one this round.[/ooc], [ooc="Flurry Strike"][B]Discipline:[/B] Broken Blade (Strike); [B]Level:[/B] 1, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 standard action, [B]Range:[/B] Melee attack [B]Target:[/B] One creature, Duration: Instant The disciple of the Broken Blade learns to maximize openings in his opponent’s defenses and makes lightning fast attacks whenever possible. As a standard action, the initiator may make two attacks at his full base attack bonus.[/ooc], [ooc="Ghost Hunting Blow"][B]Discipline:[/B] Veiled Moon (Boost); [B]Level:[/B] 1, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 swift action, [B]Range:[/B] Personal [B]Target:[/B] You, [B]Duration:[/B] One round By reaching across the barrier between worlds, the disciple may strike at disembodied spirits as easily he would strike a normal mortal. Any and all of the initiator’s attacks made this round, including attacks of opportunity, are made as if the initiator’s weapon possessed the ghost touch property. This is an Ethereal plane using maneuver.[/ooc], [ooc="Half-Gone"][B]Discipline:[/B] Veiled Moon (Counter) (teleportation); [B]Level:[/B] 2, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 immediate action [B]Range:[/B] Personal, [B]Target:[/B] You, [B]Duration:[/B] Instant By momentarily slipping through the barrier between the Material and the Astral planes, the Veiled Moon disciple may attempt to avoid an attack by being incorporeal. The initiator makes an opposed Stealth check against the attacker’s Perception check; if successful the initiator is incorporeal for that attack (resolve the attack against the initiator as normal for striking an incorporeal target). This counter may be attempted to defend against targeted and area of effect spells, making a Stealth check in place of a Reflex save.[/ooc], [ooc=Steel Flurry Strike][B]Discipline:[/B] Broken Blade (Strike); Level: 3 [B]Prerequisite(s):[/B] One Broken Blade maneuver, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 standard action [B]Range:[/B] Melee attack, [B]Target[/B]: One creature, [B]Duration:[/B] Instant [B]DESCRIPTION[/B] The disciple makes a furious set of attacks upon his foe, hammering through defenses and striking rapidly. The initiator may make three attacks against his foe at full base attack bonus with a -2 penalty to hit. Successful hits inflict an additional 3d6 points of damage per hit.[/ooc], [ooc="Tidal Blade"][B]Discipline:[/B] Mithral Current (Strike); [B]Level:[/B] 1, Initiation [B]Action: [/B]1 standard action [B]Range:[/B] Melee attack, [B]Target[/B]: Up to two creatures, [B]Duration:[/B] Instant As a disciple of the Mithral Current discipline, your skill and grace comes from your flowing movements and lightning-quick attacks. You make a swift slash, striking through multiple enemies with your swing. Make a melee attack roll and compare it to the AC of two creatures within your reach. If the attack roll hits a target, the attack deals weapon damage as normal. Use the same damage roll for each target. If you drew your weapon as part of this strike, you gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll. [/ooc]. [B]Stances Known:[/B] [ooc="Battle Dragon's Stance"][B]Discipline:[/B] Thrashing Dragon (Stance); [B]Level:[/B] 3 [B]Prerequisite(s):[/B] 1 Thrashing Dragon maneuver [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 swift action [B]Range:[/B] Personal [B]Target:[/B] You [B]Duration:[/B] Stance [B]DESCRIPTION[/B] The Battle Dragon’s Stance shows the disciple how to balance his fighting style and through this centering of being, he may find speed, finesse, and power. While in the Battle Dragon’s Stance, the disciple reduces his two-weapon fighting penalties by 2, and gains a +4 bonus to Initiative checks and adds 1d6 + initiation modifier to melee damage while fighting with two weapons.[/ooc] [ooc="Iron Hand Stance"][B]Discipline:[/B] Broken Blade (Stance); [B]Level:[/B] 1, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 swift action [B]Range:[/B] Personal, [B]Target:[/B] You, [B]Duration:[/B] Stance By keeping his hands stiff and his arms loose and ready, the disciple uses his bare palms as shields to protect himself from the weapons of his foes. While in this stance, the initiator gains a +2 shield bonus to his AC while he has at least one free hand. At the initiator’s 6th initiator level, this bonus increases by +1, again at 12th level, and a final time at 18th level.[/ooc], [ooc="Spirit Sensing Stance"][B]Discipline:[/B] Veiled Moon (Stance); [B]Level:[/B] 1, [B]Initiation Action:[/B] 1 swift action [B]Range:[/B] Personal, [B]Target:[/B] You, [B]Duration:[/B] Stance By sensing the different patterns all beings that exist have, the senses of the Veiled Moon disciple exceed that of natural beings and move into the realm of supernatural awareness. While in this stance, the initiators gains the scent special ability and he may detect creatures on the Ethereal plane that are near the Material plane within 30-ft. of his position.[/ooc] [B]Readied:[/B] Fading Strike, Flowing Creek, Steel Flurry Strike, Half-Gone [/spoiler] [spoiler=Gambits (Ex)][spoiler=Gambits (Ex)]A hidden blade is a cunning warrior who seizes opportunities as they present themselves to put his enemies in untenable positions. At 1st level, a hidden blade selects two gambits from the gambits available to warlords, or the hidden blade gambits listed below. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, a hidden blade selects an additional gambit to learn. Any gambit that would normally use the hidden blade’s Charisma modifier to determine its effects instead uses her hidden blade initiation modifier. These gambits allow the hidden blade to recover maneuvers. Due to their reliance on the stresses of combat to bring out the best of the hidden blade, gambits cannot be used outside combat. A gambit has two aspects: a risk and a reward. A gambit’s risk describes an action the hidden blade must take in order to play the gambit. The hidden blade begin a gambit as a swift action, then performs the gambit’s risk action. She may add her hidden blade initiation modifier as a luck bonus on any d20 rolls made while performing this action (such as the Acrobatics check of an acrobatic gambit, or the attack roll of a brave gambit). The hidden blade only gets this bonus if she used a swift action to begin the gambit; if taking the actions normally, she gains no additional benefits. If the hidden blade initiates a maneuver as part of a gambit, she cannot recover that maneuver when the gambit is completed (even if it’s her only expended maneuver). If the hidden blade succeeds at her gambit’s risk, she recovers a number of expended maneuvers equal to her hidden blade initiation modifier (minimum 2) and gains the reward listed in the gambit’s description. Allies who would gain a benefit from the gambit’s reward must be within 60 feet of the hidden blade and able to see her perform the gambit’s risk If the hidden blade fails her gambit (such as missing the charge attack of a brave gambit, or failing the saving throw of an unbreakable gambit), she suffers the gambit’s rake, recovering only a single expended maneuver and taking a –2 penalty on all d20 rolls for one round.[/spoiler] [B]Initiation Modifier:[/B] 4 [ooc="Coward's Gabmit"][B]Risk:[/B] The hidden blade attacks a flat-footed opponent or an opponent she is flanking. [B]Reward:[/B]The hidden blade’s allies gain a bonus on damage rolls against that opponent equal to the hidden blade’s initiation modifier for one round.[/ooc] [ooc="Flanker's Gambit"][B]Risk:[/B] The hidden blade attacks an opponent adjacent to one of the hidden blade’s other allies. [B]Reward:[/B] The hidden blade is considered to be flanking that opponent until the end of her next turn, even if the hidden blade is not in a position that would allow her to flank them. [/ooc] [ooc="Stealth Gambit (Su)"][B]Risk:[/B] The hidden blade makes a Stealth check to hide. [B]Reward:[/B] The hidden blade becomes invisible for a number of rounds equal to her initiation modifier, as if under the effect of an invisibility spell.[/ooc] [ooc=Acrobatic Gambit][B]Risk:[/B] The hidden blade makes an Acrobatics check to move through a creature’s threatened area without provoking attacks of opportunity. [B]Reward:[/B] The hidden blade and each of his allies gains a morale bonus equal to the warlord’s initiation modifier on the damage roll of the next attack they make against that creature before the start of the warlord’s next turn.[/ooc][/spoiler]
. Class: Evasion, Improved Uncanny Dodge Skills: Acrobatics 16, Appraise 13, Bluff 8, Climb 5, Diplomacy 11, Disable Device 21, Disguise 8, Escape Artist 16, Heal 7, Intimidate 8, Linguistics 12, Perception 24, Perfom Dance 17, Sense Motive 16, Sleight of Hand 7, Spellcraft 13, Stealth 20, Survival 7, Swim 5, UMD 17 Knowledge Skills: Arcana 14, Dungeoneering 14, Geography 12, History 15, Local 11, Nature 12, Nobility 10, Planes 10, Religion 10, Psionics 13 Craft skills: Armorsmith 20, Blacksmith 20, Cook 15, Glassmaker 20, Gemcrafter 28, Mason 13, Tailor 13, Weaponsmith 20, Woodworker 13 Profession Skills: Carpenter 16, Driver 11, Fisherman 7, Jeweler 12, Merchant 12 Languages: Common, Arequin, Draconic, Gim, Necril, Nixali, Rennian, Sylvan, Tylinese Feats: 1st: Craft Wonderous Items (retraining), Bonus: Additional Traits (+2 universal traits), Cunning 1st: Craft Wonderous Items 3rd: Craft Arms and Armor (retraining) 5th: Master Craftsman (Gemcrafter), 7th: Two-Weapon Fighting 8th: Double Slice (class) 9th: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (retrain)

Spells

Daily Bard Spells 1st: 3 Spells Known 0-Lvl: 5 1st: 3 0-lvl: Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation 1st: Identify, Tears to Wine

Maneuvers

Maximum Level: 3, Maneuvers Known: 7, Maneuvers Readied: 4, Stances Known: 3 Maneuvers: Mithral Current, Thrashing Dragon, Veiled Moon. At 1st level, a hidden blade adds Broken Blade to her list of available disciplines. Maneuvers Known: Fading Strike Discipline: Veiled Moon (Strike) (teleportation); Level: 2 Initiation Action: 1 standard action, Range: Personal, Target: Up to the disciple’s movement speed, Duration: Instant The disciple learns the basic technique at this level for walking between worlds to reach locations that previously could be inaccessible on the mortal world and potentially attack foes at those locales. As a standard action, the initiator may either teleport to a location no farther away than his maximum movement speed, and make an attack action against an opponent as part of the same standard action, or attack an adjacent target and then teleport to a location no farther away than his maximum movement speed. The teleportation destination must be clearly seen by the disciple to teleport to that location, and it must be unoccupied. , Flowing Creek Discipline: Mithral Current (Counter); Level: 1 Initiation Action: 1 immediate action, Range: Personal, Target: Self, Duration: Instant Like the flowing water that inspired your art, you sidestep and work around foes instead of fighting them directly. You can initiate this counter in response to a melee or ranged attack (including touch or ranged touch spell attacks) being made against you. Make a Perform (dance) check, using your opponent’s attack roll as the DC. If you succeed, the attack is negated and you may take a 5-foot step as a free action, even if you have already taken one this round. , Flurry Strike Discipline: Broken Blade (Strike); Level: 1, Initiation Action: 1 standard action, Range: Melee attack Target: One creature, Duration: Instant The disciple of the Broken Blade learns to maximize openings in his opponent’s defenses and makes lightning fast attacks whenever possible. As a standard action, the initiator may make two attacks at his full base attack bonus. , Ghost Hunting Blow Discipline: Veiled Moon (Boost); Level: 1, Initiation Action: 1 swift action, Range: Personal Target: You, Duration: One round By reaching across the barrier between worlds, the disciple may strike at disembodied spirits as easily he would strike a normal mortal. Any and all of the initiator’s attacks made this round, including attacks of opportunity, are made as if the initiator’s weapon possessed the ghost touch property. This is an Ethereal plane using maneuver. , Half-Gone Discipline: Veiled Moon (Counter) (teleportation); Level: 2, Initiation Action: 1 immediate action Range: Personal, Target: You, Duration: Instant By momentarily slipping through the barrier between the Material and the Astral planes, the Veiled Moon disciple may attempt to avoid an attack by being incorporeal. The initiator makes an opposed Stealth check against the attacker’s Perception check; if successful the initiator is incorporeal for that attack (resolve the attack against the initiator as normal for striking an incorporeal target). This counter may be attempted to defend against targeted and area of effect spells, making a Stealth check in place of a Reflex save. , Steel Flurry Strike Discipline: Broken Blade (Strike); Level: 3 Prerequisite(s): One Broken Blade maneuver, Initiation Action: 1 standard action Range: Melee attack, Target : One creature, Duration: Instant DESCRIPTION The disciple makes a furious set of attacks upon his foe, hammering through defenses and striking rapidly. The initiator may make three attacks against his foe at full base attack bonus with a -2 penalty to hit. Successful hits inflict an additional 3d6 points of damage per hit. , Tidal Blade Discipline: Mithral Current (Strike); Level: 1, Initiation Action: 1 standard action Range: Melee attack, Target : Up to two creatures, Duration: Instant As a disciple of the Mithral Current discipline, your skill and grace comes from your flowing movements and lightning-quick attacks. You make a swift slash, striking through multiple enemies with your swing. Make a melee attack roll and compare it to the AC of two creatures within your reach. If the attack roll hits a target, the attack deals weapon damage as normal. Use the same damage roll for each target. If you drew your weapon as part of this strike, you gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll. . Stances Known: Battle Dragon's Stance Discipline: Thrashing Dragon (Stance); Level: 3 Prerequisite(s): 1 Thrashing Dragon maneuver Initiation Action: 1 swift action Range: Personal Target: You Duration: Stance DESCRIPTION The Battle Dragon’s Stance shows the disciple how to balance his fighting style and through this centering of being, he may find speed, finesse, and power. While in the Battle Dragon’s Stance, the disciple reduces his two-weapon fighting penalties by 2, and gains a +4 bonus to Initiative checks and adds 1d6 + initiation modifier to melee damage while fighting with two weapons. Iron Hand Stance Discipline: Broken Blade (Stance); Level: 1, Initiation Action: 1 swift action Range: Personal, Target: You, Duration: Stance By keeping his hands stiff and his arms loose and ready, the disciple uses his bare palms as shields to protect himself from the weapons of his foes. While in this stance, the initiator gains a +2 shield bonus to his AC while he has at least one free hand. At the initiator’s 6th initiator level, this bonus increases by +1, again at 12th level, and a final time at 18th level. , Spirit Sensing Stance Discipline: Veiled Moon (Stance); Level: 1, Initiation Action: 1 swift action Range: Personal, Target: You, Duration: Stance By sensing the different patterns all beings that exist have, the senses of the Veiled Moon disciple exceed that of natural beings and move into the realm of supernatural awareness. While in this stance, the initiators gains the scent special ability and he may detect creatures on the Ethereal plane that are near the Material plane within 30-ft. of his position. Readied: Fading Strike, Flowing Creek, Steel Flurry Strike, Half-Gone

Gambits (Ex)

Gambits (Ex)

A hidden blade is a cunning warrior who seizes opportunities as they present themselves to put his enemies in untenable positions. At 1st level, a hidden blade selects two gambits from the gambits available to warlords, or the hidden blade gambits listed below. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, a hidden blade selects an additional gambit to learn. Any gambit that would normally use the hidden blade’s Charisma modifier to determine its effects instead uses her hidden blade initiation modifier. These gambits allow the hidden blade to recover maneuvers. Due to their reliance on the stresses of combat to bring out the best of the hidden blade, gambits cannot be used outside combat. A gambit has two aspects: a risk and a reward. A gambit’s risk describes an action the hidden blade must take in order to play the gambit. The hidden blade begin a gambit as a swift action, then performs the gambit’s risk action. She may add her hidden blade initiation modifier as a luck bonus on any d20 rolls made while performing this action (such as the Acrobatics check of an acrobatic gambit, or the attack roll of a brave gambit). The hidden blade only gets this bonus if she used a swift action to begin the gambit; if taking the actions normally, she gains no additional benefits. If the hidden blade initiates a maneuver as part of a gambit, she cannot recover that maneuver when the gambit is completed (even if it’s her only expended maneuver). If the hidden blade succeeds at her gambit’s risk, she recovers a number of expended maneuvers equal to her hidden blade initiation modifier (minimum 2) and gains the reward listed in the gambit’s description. Allies who would gain a benefit from the gambit’s reward must be within 60 feet of the hidden blade and able to see her perform the gambit’s risk If the hidden blade fails her gambit (such as missing the charge attack of a brave gambit, or failing the saving throw of an unbreakable gambit), she suffers the gambit’s rake, recovering only a single expended maneuver and taking a –2 penalty on all d20 rolls for one round.

Initiation Modifier: 4 Coward's Gabmit Risk: The hidden blade attacks a flat-footed opponent or an opponent she is flanking. Reward: The hidden blade’s allies gain a bonus on damage rolls against that opponent equal to the hidden blade’s initiation modifier for one round. Flanker's Gambit Risk: The hidden blade attacks an opponent adjacent to one of the hidden blade’s other allies. Reward: The hidden blade is considered to be flanking that opponent until the end of her next turn, even if the hidden blade is not in a position that would allow her to flank them. Stealth Gambit (Su) Risk: The hidden blade makes a Stealth check to hide. Reward: The hidden blade becomes invisible for a number of rounds equal to her initiation modifier, as if under the effect of an invisibility spell. Acrobatic Gambit Risk: The hidden blade makes an Acrobatics check to move through a creature’s threatened area without provoking attacks of opportunity. Reward: The hidden blade and each of his allies gains a morale bonus equal to the warlord’s initiation modifier on the damage roll of the next attack they make against that creature before the start of the warlord’s next turn.

If one of my players' used that as a statblock, I would skip even trying to reference it and just look at their sheet instead, as it would be easier to find the things I actually need to reference regularly when posting.

Knowing that the character has extra traits, can craft items, and what their skill point allocation looks like when they are the one rolling those checks would never be something I, as a DM, would need to reference 'at a glance'. The sheer amount of info there prevents anything from being referenced 'at a glance' even if it did contain what I'd need to look up quickly.

If I really needed to know skill points, languages, or feats, that would be easier to locate and reference on the character sheet itself. At least, it would for me when I am DMing. I prefer 'only what is always relevant' info. All the hyper-situational stuff can just be checked via the sheet itself as-needed.

16 minutes ago, BBK said:

If one of my players' used that as a statblock, I would skip even trying to reference it and just look at their sheet instead, as it would be easier to find the things I actually need to reference regularly when posting.

Knowing that the character has extra traits, can craft items, and what their skill point allocation looks like when they are the one rolling those checks would never be something I, as a DM, would need to reference 'at a glance'. The sheer amount of info there prevents anything from being referenced 'at a glance' even if it did contain what I'd need to look up quickly.

If I really needed to know skill points, languages, or feats, that would be easier to locate and reference on the character sheet itself. At least, it would for me when I am DMing. I prefer 'only what is always relevant' info. All the hyper-situational stuff can just be checked via the sheet itself as-needed.

It is quite easy to read and it's in a spoiler, and the important abilities are in spoilers or OOC so you can click or mouse over and see what an ability does.
This is what my actual post would look like.

Faelwen Galadhrineth

6rZQ2wP.jpg.8826c04b47ba3f63b1aae810c1d0cb0b.jpgFaelwen Galadhrineth  HP: 32/32 Saves: Fort 3, Ref 6, Will 5  AC: 18, 18(touch), 15(flat-footed) Spell DC: lvl+5
Initiative: 3, Speed: 30, Search: +1, Spot: +2, Listen: +2, Hide: +3, MS: +3, Alchemy +9, Heal: +12

Stuff my character would do or say etc.

Action: Cure Light 1d8+10 (augment healing, healing hands)

Statblock

[URL=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2821271][B][SIZE=+1]Faelwen Galadhrineth[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female Neutral Good Feytouched Healer 3, Battledancer 1, [B]Level[/B] 4, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 32/32, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 20, [B]Touch[/B] 19, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 17, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 6, [B]Will[/B] 5, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] +2 [B] Unarmed Strike [/B] +2 (1d6, x2) [B] Quarterstaff [/B] +2 (1d6, x2) [B] Sling [/B] +5 (1d4, x2) [B] Bracer AC 1[/B] (+1 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Deflect, +5 Misc) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 11, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 20 [B]Condition[/B] . [B]Skills:[/B] Bluff 5, Concentration 4, Craft Alchemy 9, Cooking 1, Diplomacy 8, Gather Info 5, Handle Animal 5, Heal 10, Hide 3, Nature 4, Religion 2, Listen 2, Move Silently 3, Perform 5, Profession Herbalist 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 5, UMD 5 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Sylvan, Elven [B]Feats: 1st:[/B] Augment Healing, [B]2nd:[/B] Skill Focus (Heal, Class), [B]3rd:[/B] Touch of Healing 4th: IUAS (class) [B]Healer Class Abilities:[/B] [ooc=Healing Hands (Ex)] Whenever a healer casts a spell that cures hit point damage, she adds her Charisma modifier to the amount of damage healed. For instance, if a 5th-level healer with an 18 Charisma casts cure light wounds, she cures 1d8+5 points of damage normally, plus an additional 4 points of damage due to her Charisma bonus. This bonus applies only to spells of the healing subschool that she casts as a healer, not to those that she may have by virtue of levels in another class.[/ooc], [B]3rd:[/B] Cleanse Paralysis (Su) 1/day [B]Battledancer Class Abilities: 1st:[/B] AC Bonus (Ex), Unarmed Strike 1d6 [spoiler=Spells][B]Daily: 0-lvl: [/B]5, [B]1st:[/B] 5, [B]2nd:[/B] 4 0-lvl: Create Water, Cure Minor wounds x3, Deathwatch 1st: Cure Light Wounds x2, Remove Paralysis, Sanctuary 2nd: Cure Moderate wounds x2, Remove Blindness/deafness, Lesser Restoration[/spoiler]
Faelwen Galadhrineth
Female Neutral Good Feytouched Healer 3, Battledancer 1, Level 4, Init 3, HP 32/32, Speed 30
AC 20, Touch 19, Flat-footed 17, Fort 3, Ref 6, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus +2
Unarmed Strike +2 (1d6, x2)
Quarterstaff +2 (1d6, x2)
Sling +5 (1d4, x2)
Bracer AC 1 (+1 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Deflect, +5 Misc)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 20
Condition .
Skills: Bluff 5, Concentration 4, Craft Alchemy 9, Cooking 1, Diplomacy 8, Gather Info 5, Handle Animal 5, Heal 10, Hide 3, Nature 4, Religion 2, Listen 2, Move Silently 3, Perform 5, Profession Herbalist 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 5, UMD 5
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Elven
Feats: 1st: Augment Healing, 2nd: Skill Focus (Heal, Class), 3rd: Touch of Healing 4th: IUAS (class)
Healer Class Abilities: Healing Hands (Ex) Whenever a healer casts a spell that cures hit point damage, she adds her Charisma modifier to the amount of damage healed. For instance, if a 5th-level healer with an 18 Charisma casts cure light wounds, she cures 1d8+5 points of damage normally, plus an additional 4 points of damage due to her Charisma bonus. This bonus applies only to spells of the healing subschool that she casts as a healer, not to those that she may have by virtue of levels in another class. , 3rd: Cleanse Paralysis (Su) 1/day
Battledancer Class Abilities: 1st: AC Bonus (Ex), Unarmed Strike 1d6

Spells

Daily: 0-lvl: 5, 1st: 5, 2nd: 4
0-lvl: Create Water, Cure Minor wounds x3, Deathwatch
1st: Cure Light Wounds x2, Remove Paralysis, Sanctuary
2nd: Cure Moderate wounds x2, Remove Blindness/deafness, Lesser Restoration

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Steel Warrior said:

It is quite easy to read and it's in a spoiler, and the important abilities are in spoilers or OOC so you can click or mouse over and see what an ability does.
The actual character sheet isn't that good at going into details about class abilities and such. It's fine if it's not for you, but it is better than having to open a new window to look up something, when you can just click on the spoiler and see it.

I also don't have to open a new tab or page when I need to do dice rolls, because it's in the statblock if I again, need to reference something.

Being able to just click a spoiler to see something rather than opening a new tab is useful, assuming you're just as familiar with the personal formatting of the info for every character as one would be with the MW sheet formats, where everyone's numerical information is uniform by design for ease of reference.

Comes down to DM preference, really. Player's only have to adjust to 1 format (either their own or a DM-provided one), while the DM has to either adjust to the format of each player, or provide a preferred format.

1 minute ago, BBK said:

Being able to just click a spoiler to see something rather than opening a new tab is useful, assuming you're just as familiar with the personal formatting of the info for every character as one would be with the MW sheet formats, where everyone's numerical information is uniform by design for ease of reference.

Comes down to DM preference, really. Player's only have to adjust to 1 format (either their own or a DM-provided one), while the DM has to either adjust to the format of each player, or provide a preferred format.

Yeah, then there's the posts that take up more than an entire page, because it's all spaced out overly so, instead of in a tiny compact place lol.
It might be good if you are using a mobile phone etc, but yeah. The link is there to the sheet also, go like, by all means, if you rather click the sheet, etc, go for it lol

I hate that spoilers are forced to be their own line item on Balder. Being able to have a row of them on the OG MW posts was very useful for condensing things like that. [Feats][Skills][Magic Items], etc. Made statblocks a lot easier to craft, copy, and paste from post to post. You can use OOC textlike this to do much the same in their place, but copying OOC text can get rough from post to post. You can copy/paste within the same post easy enough, but it doesn't ever keep the hidden text for me when trying to copy/paste from an older post to save time while keeping the Balder formatting.

ร—
ร—