Sheet Authentication Looping/Loading... Issue

Eric

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Really need the url bar in the recording so I can see what the address is going between. I'm somewhat confident I'm in the right area of the code, but this will be a lot faster if I know that it's between steps 2 and 3, 3 and 4, etc.

the url never changed but it seems stable now was actually able to load a sheet. scratch that opened a new tab with it and its flashing again

Edited by jondhl (see edit history)

OK. Then it's likely it was a DNS issue that is slowly propagating through the world. Very irritating to programmers and users who think in words and not random xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 😄 Please let me know if it comes back.

2 hours ago, Eric said:

OK. Then it's likely it was a DNS issue that is slowly propagating through the world. Very irritating to programmers and users who think in words and not random xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 😄 Please let me know if it comes back.

ah yeah im using google dns atm if thats an issue with the site transition.

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Huh. So am I! Wondering if maybe not all of their servers around the world got the memo...

interesting maybe itll work in a few days how long will the old site be up cause i can get in there just fine and see my sheets as i need my sheet for today since i have a game shortly.

5 minutes ago, jondhl said:

interesting maybe itll work in a few days how long will the old site be up cause i can get in there just fine and see my sheets as i need my sheet for today since i have a game shortly.

Indefinitely. Fully read-write for at least the next eight months, and then read-only for as long as it's the best way to deliver the existing game content to those who still want to read it years later.

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Indefinitely. Fully read-write for at least the next eight months, and then read-only for as long as it's the best way to deliver the existing game content to those who still want to read it years later.

alright cool

If anyone with the flashing issue can pop open developer tools and do a video capture of the console tab and/or network tab, that would help tremendously. Continuing to dig through the code to look for a smoking gun...

I've deployed two changes that should at least allow us to make progress on this issue.

* I addressed a bug where, on failure to get sheets from the backend, the frontend would just go into this loop. It should now display an error and stop.

* I've added some logging from the frontend so we'll have significantly more visibility into problems, and so we don't need to burden you all with as much debugging effort.