Sheet Authentication Looping/Loading... Issue

Eric

On 8/7/2023 at 4:51 PM, Eric said:

If you are experiencing an issue with sheet authentication looping or stuck on the Loading... screen, please post here. Important information that can help us:

• We'd like to know what OS/browser you are using when you have the issue
  • Whether the issue persists if you switch to a different browser and/or device
  • Whether you've logged in to the site before going to sheets.
  • If you can grab screenshots of the Developer Tools (F12 on Chrome/Edge/Firefox desktop browsers) Console tab to show us any error messages, that would help our troubleshooting efforts. Recognizing the Console will be cycling too, you may need to go to the cog wheel and select the Preserve Log option so the errors don't keep getting wiped off the screen.

We apologize for the problem and are looking to fix it as rapidly as time and information will allow.

The OGMW sheet viewer remains available at https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheets/ while we're working this issue.

using Brave Browser, also tried chrome and bing.

the issue is on all of my devices

I am logged into the site

it blinks between these two screens very rabidly, such as many blinks per second

I can log onto the sheets when I click them but due to it constantly loading and refreshing I am unable to scroll down to my current character sheet as the name starts with a T.

Pls ignore my tabs or don't w/e

in game right now

Screenshot 2023-08-12 210452.png

Screenshot 2023-08-12 210521.png

Now the Sheets page can't log me in, as per the error message:

"Error logging in to sheets system. Your system clock may be set incorrectly."

It's not rapidly loading and unloading now, probably because there's now nothing to load. Any recommended actions?

19 minutes ago, J3r3my7 said:

Now the Sheets page can't log me in, as per the error message:

"Error logging in to sheets system. Your system clock may be set incorrectly."

It's not rapidly loading and unloading now, probably because there's now nothing to load. Any recommended actions?

Is it possible your computer's clock is set in the future? Can you reply with your current time (and timezone offset)?

11 minutes ago, J3r3my7 said:

It seems I have been logged in since I last checked the page. Seems stable now. Thanks for looking into the issue!

I made changes to account for the unreliability of clocks in a distributed environment, I'm thinking that was the nature of the problem.

Out of curiosity, do you mind answering if your clock is set to the future or replying with your computer's current time and timezone? It'd help solidify whether this was the issue.

14 hours ago, Eric said:

@Krigg we'll dig into the logs and have a look. You may want to try clearing cache since there was a sheet client update this afternoon to enhance our logging capability, along with a couple bug fixes for specific issues that were found before.

I cleared cache, cookies, and browsing history in both browsers, but still can't access my sheets. The same issue persists.

41 minutes ago, Krigg said:

I cleared cache, cookies, and browsing history in both browsers, but still can't access my sheets. The same issue persists.

I've confirmed we have the logs from your latest attempt, so we'll be analyzing to see what the issue is. Can you verify for me whether your computer's system time is running at actual time, or ahead, or behind? Authentication mechanisms are often sensitive to clock discrepancies, and though we have made some improvements in this over the past 24 hours, datetime math with varying timezones and differing system times between client and server are some of the most challenging network problems 🤪

I've reopened your support ticket so we can troubleshoot this outside the main thread.

Windows 10, issue appears in both Chrome and Edge.
I show as signed in to Myth-Weavers when I attempt to navigate to sheets tab.
I went ahead and cleared my cache in both browsers but the error remains.
Able to view sheets in OG Myth-Weavers

M-Weavers.PNG

OK, we believe the issue with constant refreshing of the list is well and truly fixed now. Closing this thread; if you are still experiencing issues and we haven't fixed you, please create a topic for yourself in Support.

@Ckeds - I did not forget about you, and I believe you are fixed now!