The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Kazic5000 said:

Sounds like a good time. Were the diagon alley interiors all furnished? Do they have the wand shop, and the tavern with the butter beer like in the universal one?

Sadly, you couldn't go into any of the shops in Diagon ally.

image.jpeg.6824524230babaecf7c1cc1009b53a24.jpeg

As for the gift shop, it's enormous, and you can buy just about any kind of Harry Potter item you can think of, and many that you probably wouldn't have thought of--including wands.

They also had the restaurants, but they're outrageously expensive--3200 yen for bangers and mash (that's $21.17 USD).

35 minutes ago, Kazic5000 said:

Yeesh, yeah, the tourist restaurants always charge out the ass. Pick up anything cool at the gift shop?

Yep! I got a Fawkes plush and a snitch! Also chocolate frog & some bottled butterbeers. I already have wands from when I visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Orlando, so no need for those.

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2024 at 7:43 PM, zaffo said:

I'm back too! (Except I didn't go anywhere.) I'll finishing up my posting rn.

12 hours ago, astronavigatrix said:

Posts are all finished up now, sorry for the delay!

Thank you both for completing your posts!

@Doggie_arf, will you be continuing with us? I feel like this game might be fizzling out, and I'd like to know how everyone thinks we ought to proceed.

No one wants to see a game die, but are we sure we want to continue, or do I just need to replace a player, or was everyone just busy and needed some time to get back into the swing of things?

I definitely would like to continue with you all, but I'll understand if perhaps this wasn't what you all thought it'd be or maybe just aren't feeling it any longer.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

I'm good to continue, but I think tackling all 5 missions at once is a tall order. Perhaps we could focus on one or two at a time so there isn't so much investment needed into each post?

I'm also fine to keep going. That said, if this was the first snag we've hit, it'd be one thing, but feels like we've had several times where getting the post-a-week has been hard for people, even when it's just been one thing happening in game. For that reason, I'm not sure it's having all the missions at once that's the underlying challenge.

Had to drop one of the games I'm running not too long ago because of the starting four, one went on indefinite hiatus, one had hit major writer's block, and a third could maybe get a post once every 2-3 weeks. No judgements, other things should take priority. However, about once a week, more weeks than not, is about the minimum I've seen a game needs to survive. Otherwise, we start forgetting basic details of what's happening in a game even a few posts ago, and hard to stay invested by then. If people just don't have the time, that's understandable, it happens.

Depending on how many of us are still here, would be open to re-recruitment, but first interested to see who's still around.

1 hour ago, Kazic5000 said:

I'm good to continue, but I think tackling all 5 missions at once is a tall order. Perhaps we could focus on one or two at a time so there isn't so much investment needed into each post?

I feel that way, too.

But I think Peacemonger has it right. I feel like the game was stagnating before I accidentally dumped five simultaneous missions on you all.

I'm still here. I should be able to post more often now too. That said, I'm still not comfortable or confident enough to lead anything, so I'll still probably wait for others to post before I do. As for the simultaneous missions, maybe we could tackle the scarecrows and the horse at the same time first and then the carrion crawler after? I feel like at least separating the 2 combat heavy missions would simplify things.

22 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Thank you both for completing your posts!

@Doggie_arf, will you be continuing with us? I feel like this game might be fizzling out, and I'd like to know how everyone thinks we ought to proceed.

No one wants to see a game die, but are we sure we want to continue, or do I just need to replace a player, or was everyone just busy and needed some time to get back into the swing of things?

I definitely would like to continue with you all, but I'll understand if perhaps this wasn't what you all thought it'd be or maybe just aren't feeling it any longer.

...I was going to post at the start of the month, and then work kicked me in the balls in the form of "our update broke your application's login have fun".

It does feel hard to get back into dealing with several different events going on at once. Have to see what can be done...

• 2 weeks later...