The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

Yeah. From my experience even the most successful games will have a week or month hiatus here or there, but that's after a faster paced start and by then everyone's gotten invested. Think your Dragonlance game had that and the Storm King one's on pace after that initial bump with the one player. This one just had a group that was busier IRL, which happens.

I'd say for others the best thing is communication, if someone is too busy to let the group know so people aren't wondering. But otherwise real life should and does come first

Posted (edited)

Personally, I'm very happy to just let this game continue running at a very very lax pace, so long as it's actually continuing.

Every day, I check my games for updates and for games I run, I check to see if everyone's posted a turn and then post myself.

If that takes a while for each of you, that's fine with me. If MW auto-archives the game because none of you posted for a sufficiently long time, then that's fine with me, too. The moment I see that everyone's posted, I'll (try to) get a DM post up.

As for not getting notification, now that you know that something's faulty, check your settings, perhaps contact an admin, and consciously check the game for any new posts just in case the software hasn't notified you. That goes for all you, not just Astonavagatrix. I don't rely on notifications; I go down my list and check each day. Maybe each day is hard for one or more of you--that's fine, but do what you can.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

I think there's still the question of Doggie_arf. Real life should come first, and if things are just too busy for them, that's understandable. It is coming on three weeks since they mentioned they'd see what could be done for their posting, and I think about twice as long since we had a Rurik post. If they come back, that's all right, but I'm kind of under the impression they're not coming back, or at least not in the near future.

Yeah, if @Doggie_arf doesn't have time for this anymore, we could open it up again. Lots of characters already made. Maybe IC Rurik gets a lead on searching for his master that takes him elsewhere.

Or we could keep it at 4 players. We seem to be doing alright as is. We might need to get a few extra healing potions to compensate, though.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

@Kazic5000 @zaffo: Looking at the IC thread, don't think either of you needed to roll a Wis save this turn. Could be wrong, but think it's only when the Scarecrows take their full action do a special ability, and this turn they just attacked.

Yes, that's correct. I was wondering about the Wis Saves, too.

Once again, I'm a fucking idiot. Pay no attention to this post.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (2d4 + 1) slashing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the end of the scarecrow’s next turn.

I think everything these guys do has us quivering in our booties. But the glare swaps out the damage for the paralyze. But if @Kamishiro_Rin decides no will save, I can redo my post.

1 hour ago, Kazic5000 said:

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (2d4 + 1) slashing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the end of the scarecrow’s next turn.

I think everything these guys do has us quivering in our booties. But the glare swaps out the damage for the paralyze. But if @Kamishiro_Rin decides no will save, I can redo my post.

Jesus Christ. I think I'm developing Alzheimer's or something. I literally have it in the fucking statblock for everyone to see and missed it myself.

I'm getting to the point where I'm making so many of these stupid mistakes that I'mma throw my hands in the air.

Well, at the very least, thank you for being a better player than I am a DM.