The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

On 4/27/2024 at 6:22 AM, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Personally, I'm very happy to just let this game continue running at a very very lax pace, so long as it's actually continuing.

Every day, I check my games for updates and for games I run, I check to see if everyone's posted a turn and then post myself.

If that takes a while for each of you, that's fine with me. If MW auto-archives the game because none of you posted for a sufficiently long time, then that's fine with me, too. The moment I see that everyone's posted, I'll (try to) get a DM post up.

As for not getting notification, now that you know that something's faulty, check your settings, perhaps contact an admin, and consciously check the game for any new posts just in case the software hasn't notified you. That goes for all you, not just Astonavagatrix. I don't rely on notifications; I go down my list and check each day. Maybe each day is hard for one or more of you--that's fine, but do what you can.

yeah i'm gonna start just opening up the games and double-checking threads myself just in case something in the coding's wonky regardless of settings. also re: the recruiting, maybe we can see if any of the other apps are still interested? we had a decent number of magic types show interest iirc?

yeah sorry! I was trying to get a post up the other day but I got called in to my new job a day early. tomorrow's the first time I've had more than an hour to myself in the last 3 days, so I'll get to it then.

just curious. based on those votes we did at the start to pick characters, who were the top runners up to rurik?

1 hour ago, zaffo said:

just curious. based on those votes we did at the start to pick characters, who were the top runners up to rurik?

I don't have that data anymore, sorry

@Kamishiro_Rin I probably should have specified in my post, but when I reckless attack, enemies get advantage on attacks against me. I rolled for the scarecrow, and it got another hit off on Badmaw. Also, I don't think you added the damage Amberlyn did last round to it's hp tracker, so combined with the damage she did this round, and Badmaw's attack, I think the thing is dead.

29 minutes ago, Kazic5000 said:

@Kamishiro_Rin I probably should have specified in my post, but when I reckless attack, enemies get advantage on attacks against me. I rolled for the scarecrow, and it got another hit off on Badmaw. Also, I don't think you added the damage Amberlyn did last round to it's hp tracker, so combined with the damage she did this round, and Badmaw's attack, I think the thing is dead.

yeah! I was trying to think of where I was going wrong. Thanks!

Posted (edited)
    Scarecrow 1 (Sackcloth) % HP Left: -6%
Round 1 Amberlyn 6 HP: -2
Round 1 Ouránia (8 non-magical/2)+1 magical= 5 Max HP: 36
Round 2 Amberlyn 10    
Round 2 Badmaw (2 non-magical/2)= 1    
Round 3 Amberlyn 6    
Round 4 Amberlyn 7    
Round 4 Badmaw (7 non-magical/2)= 3    
Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

@Kamishiro_Rin The PHB says torches only do 1 fire damage if used like a weapon, but that seems kinda useless. Can we treat it like a club, or an improvised weapon so we can get a 1d4 and stat damage bonuses?

8 minutes ago, Kazic5000 said:

@Kamishiro_Rin The PHB says torches only do 1 fire damage if used like a weapon, but that seems kinda useless. Can we treat it like a club, or an improvised weapon so we can get a 1d4 and stat damage bonuses?

Sure!

57 minutes ago, Kazic5000 said:

Are we rounding down on resistance damage? I've been rounding up all this time. Oops

Always round down unless otherwise specified.

oh yeah also, would frightened lead to paralyzed for a claw attack too? i thought that was just for the terrifying glare.

and scarecrow 3 should be at 17 hp i think.

Edited by zaffo (see edit history)