Return of the Dragons, Part 1: Mothers in Arms - OOC

Ding, Dong, Dash... Destroy...?

On a more serious note though, I've got some limited scrying ability that might work here. As long as the hidden/secret door is straightforward and not some portal-to-a-demiplane situation, and as long as the door itself is pretty "close to the action," as it were. Since the interior is unknown to me, the best I can do for sensor placement is just inside the door.

I'm thinking hearing would be more useful than seeing in this case... Or we could find some way to pop open the door and I can just breathe a giant lightning bolt down the hole... Searching corpses is easy, and Noran is pretty morally loose... 🤷‍♂️

Braindead player = braindead character.

I didn't really have a good response from that group dynamic intro, then waited for someone else to break the ice... Then completely forgot.

I'll try to think up something by tomorrow.

No worries! This is more of an opportunity for you guys to potentially win over some allies, after a very lucky random encounter roll. If you're content to let this party be, that's totally cool too. I haven't heard as much from @JCBarnes or @Xhosant, but both of their PCs already know one of the adventurers, Rachel.

Oh, by the way, feel free to roll any Knowledge checks that may be relevant based on the group's dialogue, if you have any interest in THE LORE. Knowledge (local) may also net you some additional information about each of these NPCs, as they are high enough level to have some reputation.

Alright folks, so I would like to bring something up to you.

I haven't heard from Xhosant or JCBarnes on Baldr in over a month now. I don't know if they'll come back by the time this mission wraps up, but I think it's safe to consider Daryl and Lilith MIA at this point. With only three players left, would you like to try and pick up another player or two to join us? We can continue with three, but it may be challenging.

Looks like Xhosant hasn't logged in since August 24, but was on the OG site today. Might need to give them a bump over there to remind them we're here.

JCBarnes, just posted on OG. Might have been busy and is just now getting caught up.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like everyone is ready to move forward from the camp scene! I'll write up your approach to Zana's Host. Velgrynd will be heading straight for the duchess' keep, but if anyone wants to split off for some reason or another, go right ahead. As long as at least one member of the party accompanies Velgrynd, you should be fine for your audience.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's fun, I had typed out a blurb along the lines of 'cyrus hid in his cloak as best as he poorly could' but it didn't post. Two weeks ago.

More importantly baldr decided it would be a great idea to remove my follow of this OoC thread. Last post I saw previously was Oct 3rd >.>

I apologize for my lack of ... Everything.

No worries. Depending on how things go, and on your preferences, this could be the final act to our adventure. If you're really lucky, this could be the second-to-last encounter! Mothers in Arms has been going for a long time, and I thank those of you who have remained this long for sticking with it, so I'd like to reward you by offering you choices for how you'd like to resolve the remaining plot threads. Political diplomacy, hack-and-slash, a brilliantly executed plan, and so on. You'll see once someone steps forward and begins the negotiation.