Return of the Dragons, Part 1: Mothers in Arms - OOC

Hey everyone, thank you for your patience! I'm still getting my new apartment set up, and I won't have Internet until Wednesday (writing this off mobile data). Once I'm all set up with that, and I've finally gotten into the swing of things with the military, I'll figure out a new posting rhythm. Hang tight!

• 3 weeks later...

@HydroGuy Go ahead and make a Diplomacy check, as I don't really think Intimidation or Bluff work at this point. I will also allow Performance (oratory) if you have that as a skill. Lilith is granting you a +8 to Charisma checks, but remember you also suffer a penalty due to the poor mood in which you arrived under.

We'll give the others a little bit to check back in, but while we wait, how would you want to play out if I put on my fancy man routine and seek out "the best jewelcrafters/ring-makers in the area?" Still Gather Information or something else?

1 hour ago, HydroGuy said:

We'll give the others a little bit to check back in, but while we wait, how would you want to play out if I put on my fancy man routine and seek out "the best jewelcrafters/ring-makers in the area?" Still Gather Information or something else?

That would be Gather Info, yeah. Common sense would tell each of you that the ring was not forged locally, but you could at least get a name of a skilled cleric and ring-maker from across the river, in Gavstor-controlled territory. They are really the only ones capable of making such a thing.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, rogueblade0729 said:

I won't wait for Xhosant at this point. Hope he's doing okay.

Indeed. Bit of a gut punch to lose such a long-standing member of the community. Fingers crossed for their eventual, safe, healthy, return.

Does not seem like JCBarnes will be posting for now. Alright, let's move ahead with this game.

@HydroGuy @paladinred @Sylas You've got your leads. The hand signals, "six / talon / hill", and the ring of bargains. Let me know what you want to try learning more about, then roll me a relevant check (i.e. Gather Information). Or, let me know where in Zana's Host you'd like to go to try manually meeting some NPCs or finding some info that could help you. I listed a few relevant locations earlier.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have our eye-in-the-sky keeping lookout from a good vantage point. It does seem a bit odd that a route that is important enough to warrant such security is so lethargic.

As for the approach, we can either march right up and bullshit our way in. (We've had good luck so far, but that can always turn...)

Or we go with a little sneak-thief and skullduggery action.

Assuming we can find a place to cast spells without too much attention, I've got a few that'll help either way.

I must have broken something again on the new site, I haven't gotten alerts on any thread since middle of January. Urgh. I'm sorry.

Guess I'm back to keeping all threads open in tabs and checking them individually/manually.

(And I love how spellcheck asked if 'manually' should be 'maniacally', it's not far off/may be on to something)

Edit: and I wouldn't have minded if those results had been reversed :/ ohh well, Cyrus is the night [dramatic tone]

Edited by Sylas (see edit history)

Are you "Following" each individual thread? (Top right corner)

I've found that for me, the only way to get a "subscription" to a thread is to do that.

Then, you can set up a custom "Activity Stream" that shows followed threads with unread content. You'll just have to make sure you manually check that page on a regular basis.