-

Cyrus, 9th Level

-

Daryl Seolfor, 10th Level

-

Unclaimed Loot

-

Roll20 Link

Just to make sure I've got the lore down.

Djergurn, are friendly enough with the Dwarves to have taken a dwarven name, but Glangelot are the ones who are so close that we are certain they will not side against them?

Correct. House Djergurn has set themselves in the northwest corner of Farlsmark, alongside a major trade river. The Gavstorians use that trade route very often, yes, but there is also a second dwarf clan to the north, the Skureggas. They are not devil worshipers, and are generally recognized as good-hearted folk. As such, the half-elves under House Djergurn developed a very personal relationship with these two dwarf clans, and considering how it was only within the last 10-20 years that Gavstor was corrupted by Asmodeus, House Djergurn named itself in the dwarvish fashion during a nobler time, and were certainly much grieved by their downfall.

House Glangelot are renowned for their mines, and as such attract a lot of dwarf attention as well, but in a more distant / impersonal way. Their relationship with the dwarf clans was always more of a financial one, as opposed to a personal one, so when Gavstor went to the dark side they were cool with capitalizing on the new opportunities.

Capture.PNG.6ee33ef2016cbcac0d692459e7084d1c.PNG

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

So where's everyone at RE: the cover story?

If we go straight to the duchess, I'm struggling to think of anything that would be appropriate. (Maybe just wandering traders/scouts from some far off land, looking for new markets to expand into? Stories of good profits to those who align with the Gavstorians?)

If we want to infiltrate the slaver rings first, that's sort of a given... we want in on the action. (Obviously under some flimsy guise.)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything from anyone since Hydro's last post, so I'm going to assume your cover story is currently that you are wandering merchants seeking business in Zana's Host. While that may not get you an audience with the Duchess initially, it will at least get your foot in the door with one of her advisors.

The final question I have is: what form of transportation do you intend to take to Zana's Host? Walking, buying horses to ride, taking a boat upriver, negotiating with a powerful wizard in Farlstead to teleport you there, looking for giant birds to carry you there, etc?

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

Alright then! You can acquire horses from Duchess Wolfine at no extra cost to you, in addition to enough provisions for a journey there and back. At this point, I will assume everyone is prepared to depart, but if you wanted to acquire any extra gear while you're in town, let us know.

I think the intention here was to use the combination of water walk and the illusory bridge to make the horses feel like it was just another normal crossing.

So I would think the handle animal would only be for riders whose horses beat the save for the illusion? At which point Cyrus could help with the calming spell as well?

2 hours ago, HydroGuy said:

I think the intention here was to use the combination of water walk and the illusory bridge to make the horses feel like it was just another normal crossing.

So I would think the handle animal would only be for riders whose horses beat the save for the illusion? At which point Cyrus could help with the calming spell as well?

That's fair. I'll roll their saves in this post, assuming one horse per PC (minus Cyrus).

Name
Horse Will Saves
17; 6; 7; 9
1d20+2;1d20+2;1d20+2;1d20+2 [15]; [15,4]; [15,4,5]; [15,4,5,7]

.... See, part of me wants to be like 'lets stick a sheet of paper with explosive runes right under that forehead glyph, then hide and knock on the door.

Let them go crazy looking for us, get bored, then when they head to go back in....

Can we tell if the footprints seem more humanish/elfish or dwarfish?