Deep Trouble

Sorithar

image.jpeg.7af99271202c985daf92fa713908bad5.jpeg 

Before you've had much time to rest and gather your thoughts, Bettargh returns. He has with him a set of scale mail and a heavy steel shield clearly sized for a human or half-elf warrior. Both seem in used, but perfectly serviceable condition. He will say only that they were retrieved from fallen cultists as explanation for their source, but if Yohan is willing to try a tighter set of armor, some dwarf sized chainmail from their stores is also an option. For weapons, he carries nothing, but informs Yohan he can secure him a longsword, a dwarven waraxe or a heavy mace and a shortbow, if he wishes one.

Bettargh then proceeds to explain he's taking his leave of you, wishing you all the blessings of Dumathoin upon your efforts and informing you a new guide will be forthcoming and join you shortly with whatever weapon Yohan would like provided him. Shortly after his departure, a stout looking dwarf you had not previously noticed enters the makeshift barracks with what seems to be the weapon of Yohan's choice in hand.

OOC

Note 1: @JagrHunter, feel free to jump in.

Light Sources:

• Bright light in a 40 ft. cone, shadowy light in 40-80 ft. cone (continual light bullseye lantern) - held by mage hand
  • Bright light within 20 ft., shadowy light within 20-40 ft. (glowstone) - Dolan
  • Bright light within 20 ft., shadowy light within 20-40 ft. (continual light hooded lantern) - Finwe

Party Spell Effects:

MAP

[For sake of clarity, any reference to cardinal directions in posts will assume that North is Top of Map as posted, unless a Compass Rose is visible.]

spacer.png

Daltin RockFist
Shield Drawf, Barbarian

The gruff dwarf stopped shortly after stepping into the doorway. "Are ye Bettargh's bunch?" he asked, seemingly irritated. Not waiting for a response, he continued. "I've got this here weapon for one called Yohan?" he added holding up the weapon. "The laird also said I was to provide whatever help ye be needin'. Be it me Axe or me knowledge." He let out a slight sigh, as if he had rehearsed the speech under supervision for just this moment.

OOC

Content

Edited by Sorithar (see edit history)

spacer.png

Yohan Zebedee
Human, Chondathan, Paladin of Lathander

The Laird

Yohan thought it weird to don occultists armor, however he was at war it seemed deep underground with dwarves and elves... and Brother Baldin of course.

Scale armor that was last worn by someone else wasn't ideal, but it went a long way to helping him get his armor and holy relics from Lathandar back. Yohan struggled a bit to get it to sit right...

To the offer of weapons in addition to a steel shield, Yohan was thoughtful...

"Yes... " all of the weapon choices were acceptable, surely they did not mean just one. Yohan was amongst elves so the longsword and shortbow were going to be helpful regardless.

He thought immediately of Lathandar, "a heavy mace would be good... for smiting."

Yohan considered the Dwarf bringing him his weapon, it was going to be something he'd like to record in his Knightly annual's. It felt auspicious to meet this fellow at this time, the Laird...?

"I am Yohan, far for it for me to be a dragon Occultist dressed like this, I am a Knight of the Aster. A Soldier looking for the holy light of Lathandar. Who may you be who brings me my holy mace ?"

Yohan asks as he graciously takes the heavy mace and tests it's heft and balance in combination with his heavy steel shield and scale armor..

Gear .. OOC

knightly gear.. Scale armor, heavy steel shield, heavy mace
other gear.. Waterskin, Rations 10 day, healers kit (10)

ooc: Lay on Hands healed 10 hp for Dolan ...

Given 3 holy water flasks to Brother Baldin.
returned Dolan's shortsword, Brother Baldin's buckler

image.png.57e445f440666568df86d02499fb51bf.png.1ad851ec857965950afc53463bcf91eb.png

Baldin

Human (Chondathan), Cleric of Lathander

Baldin follows the others to the clan hall with little complaint. He is always happy to take a chance to renew his prayers when there isn't an urgent need for action. When Bettargh announces leaving the group, Baldin makes sure to thank him for his help with a hearty handshake.

When Daltin approaches, Baldin waits for Yohan to finish introducing himself before greeting the dwarf as well.

OOC

spacer.png

Daltin RockFist
Shield Drawf, Barbarian

Daltin had seen the party before and heard Bettargh talk highly of them all, although this Yohan he wasnt sure of. "I be Daltin Rockfist. Raised in Torstultok. I came looking for the Wardens of the Way in me search for my friend." He paused as he handed the weapon over to Yohan. "I'd be guessin that the laird be thinking it be better to kill two orcs with one axe."

OOC

Content

spacer.png

Yohan Zebedee

Daltin Rockfist

Yohan smiled, he liked the way Daltin Rockfist introduced himself.

"Two Orcs... One Axe... you say. Those odds I like"  There were lots of things on Yohan's mind, they were going to the surface wise... and that was a good direction... towards Lathandar's light.

"Do the laird have any chariots?" Yohan considered what kind of self defense system the Laird may have to defend it's people...

"Who are these dire tribe Orcs and Goblins anyway ?"

Yohan asks as he graciously sprinkles some holy water over the heavy mace he had been gifted by Daltin on behalf of the Laird.

Gear .. OOC

ooc: Lay on Hands healed 10 hp for Dolan ...

spacer.png

Qwynn Maraphiir
Moon Elf Ranger from Neverwinter Wood

Qwynn stops Bettargh before he leaves and thanks him for all his help. He asks the good dwarf, "Would you let me buy you some ales later today in the meadhall? I think we should share our stories and good deeds with your folk before departing ... just as Hanseath would require us to do." He doesn't know much, but what little he has picked up so far of dwarven culture by invoking the dwarven deity of brewery, carousing, and singing is almost a must for adventuring dwarves. It is not enough to adventure unless you are willing to tell the tales of your adventure in a meadhall; in polite society it is almost a public service to do so.

OoC

I am trying to slowly integrate myself in this dwarven culture and build a name for myself so if he needs something from these dwarves at a later date at least they will remember Qwynn's name from the stories of his adventures and possibly be more incline to render aid in the future.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

Finwe-Faline.png.6a420da6e9909df0c7cace11ac152890.png

Finwe Faline
Sun Elf, Wizard

Finwe welcomes Dalton to the gang and introduces himself.

He shakes his head when Yohan asks about a chariot.

I do hope you are joking. There is no way a chariot would be of any use in these hallways we are walking through. I get the impression you are more used to fighting from horseback, but down here, that is very impractical. As you have seen. However, with you being able to summon and send your horse away, if we do find a space big enough then you can call it to you and ride into battle.

If some of or all of the group gathers for some drinks and to retell their exploits, he will join them. Afterwards...

Well, as we are calling it a day, I will retire to my sleeping quarters and do some studying of my spells and make sure I am prepared for when we go back in.

OOC

Mage Armor: AC 17, duration: 5 hours

Hooded lantern with Continual Flame is hanging from his belt.

Kodo has scent so can detect them if they get within 30', but can only pin point them if they are within 5'. Unless he spends a move action concentrating and trying to locate the smell. Not sure if that is a skill or just a flat Stat check. I am guessing it would be Wisdom.

image.jpeg.7af99271202c985daf92fa713908bad5.jpeg 

Bettargh grins and nods approvingly at Qwynn's suggestion.

"Ya nay need spend coin ere, wha ale we ave flows free ta keep spirits high!"

Having decided to rest and recuperate, you find some free fur covered stone slabs in the barracks and settle in, chatting with Daltin, your new envoy between licking your wounds, checking your gear and relaxing. Some time passes before Bettargh returns and accompanies you to the mess. Qwynn, Finwe and Yohan have not been to this part of the small Stout Folk held halls, but the rest of you have and you make yourselves comfortable in this large, barrel-vaulted hall at one of five circular stone tables scattered through the room, each surrounded by stone blocks positioned to serve as stools. Bettargh grabs two fistfuls of the steel drinking tankards that sit atop each table and fills them to frothing at the brim from the stack of kegs that fills the southeast corner of the room.

A couple others of the dwarf warriors that followed Laird Korin Ironaxe on this crusade sit here chatting solemnly. The wary dwarves eyes your group, the light of the glowstone you need to move about causes them to squint their eyes, clearly accustomed to the dark. They say nothing at first and keep to their ale and hardtack with a meat of some sort.

Soon however, one of the Ironaxe twins, Beldas whom some of you have met before, and Kealea "the Lucky" herself, come into the mess to join you, alongside a couple more defenders. The ale flows and tales of crossing axes and blades in the dark halls follow. Beldas laughs as he explains some of the traps he and his brother had set and the mangled corpses they found upon inspecting them and Kealea, true to her reputation, teases and flirts, rather outrageously, with first Daltin and soon Baldin and even Qwynn and Finwe, easily matching her tone and words to some stereotypical ideal of their backgrounds.

Just as Finwe is about to call it and head for his stone slab, a loud metallic bang reverberates through the hall. Bettargh, Kealea, Beldas and the other dwarves immediately perk up, sober as if they'd not taken a sip.

"Alarm! We be sieged!"

The dwarf warriors all seem to know exactly where they're to go. Kealea grins as she reaches for the greatsword always strapped at her back.

"Come, three with me, Daltin and two with Beldas, we fight to keep the vermin back!"

With that, she turns to dash out the mess hall.

OOC

Note 1: Initiative to possibly follow based on your next actions. I'll let you decided how to split, if you even split up. Out of respect, the only light source you've been using is the glowstone, the other light sources are with the balk of your equipment, save weapons and armor on your body, back in the barracks hall.

Light Sources:

• Bright light in a 40 ft. cone, shadowy light in 40-80 ft. cone (continual light bullseye lantern) - held by mage hand
  • Bright light within 20 ft., shadowy light within 20-40 ft. (glowstone) - Dolan
  • Bright light within 20 ft., shadowy light within 20-40 ft. (continual light hooded lantern) - Finwe

Party Spell Effects:

MAP

[For sake of clarity, any reference to cardinal directions in posts will assume that North is Top of Map as posted, unless a Compass Rose is visible.]

spacer.png

Finwe Faline
Sun Elf, Wizard

Finwe jumps at the sound of the gong. He listens to Keala and takes off after her, leaving his lantern attached to his waist.

I hope those things did not follow us back here. Either way, killing a few more will help empty out the halls.

As he follows he runs through his list of spells and prepares to help the dwarves defend their realm.

OOC

Mage Armor: AC 17, duration: 5 hours

Hooded lantern with Continual Flame is hanging from his belt.

Kodo has scent so can detect them if they get within 30', but can only pin point them if they are within 5'. Unless he spends a move action concentrating and trying to locate the smell. Not sure if that is a skill or just a flat Stat check. I am guessing it would be Wisdom.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

image.png.df037b5d8e3bb81ebb95c970b0fb85a1.png.a57744c1849f85cce84cef770bed5fef.png

Daltin RockFist
Shield Drawf, Barbarian

Daltin was about to follow Keala before he was directed to follow Beldas. He still hadn''t had a chance to speak to Keala alone since he arrived. He snorted as he hefted his waraxe, turned and followed Ironaxe. out of the hall.

OOC

Content

spacer.png

Qwynn Maraphiir
Moon Elf Ranger from Neverwinter Wood

Qwynn was alarmed by all the combat readiness and feels a little slow to the march. Seeing his elven friend run after Kealea he says, "Wait for me." He waves his hand to his cooshee so she will follow him, thou she doesn't really need him to call her; she is much starter than the average animal.

OoC

Running in blind to battle.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

spacer.png

Dolan
Human Rogue

After enjoying the evening with the dwarves, appreciating the tales of the dwarven twins setting traps and finding bodies caught by them, and glad that he's not one of those bodies, at least not yet, Dolan is brought back to almost full sobriety when Kealea tells them that they are under siege.

He took a moment to decide which group he should go with, unsure which group would need his skills the most, but he decides to follow Beldas and their new companion, Daltin.

Baldin

Human (Chondathan), Cleric of Lathander

Seeing two already going with Beldas, Baldin instinctively follows after Dolan once he realizes they still need one more. As they move forward, he quickly chants a supplication to increase his protection, readying for the fight.

OOC

Initiative

Casting Shield of Faith on self.

Sorry for the rolling token error, keep messing that up

Edited by Chaotic Weevil (see edit history)
Name
1d20 (Label
SyntaxError: Unexpected token )
initiative)
Initiative
1d20 13

spacer.png

Yohan Zebedee

*ALARM*

Yohan was suprised to hear an alarm, however he was at war with his previous captors and dressed as he was now for battle with his holy mace and shield... he was about ready for facing the enemy in close combat battle. He had promised to be Brother Baldin's shield... so Yohan follows the dawnpriest of Lathandar after donning his helmet and straps on his shield as he marches to battle

"A blessing before battle ?..."  Yohan asks Brother Baldin quietly as he nears his holy brother...

Gear .. OOC

ooc: Strapping on shield as they move... following Baldin

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)
Name
init
1d20+1 19