The Carlyle Papers

TiffanyKorta

About "Palace of Memory", if during the first part of the adventures in Peru they have met any cultists or signs / symbols / items related to the current situation, perhaps William may remember it ?

Also, I was wondering whether any of his Path may (or not) be relevant to be Invoked (as per S:Origin, P99) : Once per session you may add two dice to any roll
that plausibly applies to your Path experience. You may spend successes on special stunts to make a Twist of Fate on this roll.
I was mostly thinking maybe about "Outer Worlds Gatekeeper" in case the cultists are from a Cult trying to summon entities from "Beyond our world".

I ask because this is my first time trying to use those rules, so I am trying to get some feeling for their range / flexibility / intent. If it's not possible, that's very fine, of course :)

Great thanks, I will add those two dices to the roll in the game thread ! Probably for no additional success, but eh... we'll see.

EDIT: no additional success, as planned. So only 1 success. So only one additional Clue please :)

Edited by Thot (see edit history)

Please assume that William shared what he found with Ilse and Venni (suspicious as he still is to William).

1 - What do I roll to check whether William knows of that Cult of the Bloody Tongue, please ?

2 - It is worth removing the flannel headpiece of the three bodies, I reckon, and check their foreheads...

3 - Lots of interesting stuff, but being the sailor he is, I think it is boat photo that would catch William's attention first. Then the letters "Clue 1" and "Clue 6". About the boat, can William recognize it ? or the port where the picture was taken ?

4 - Next, fellow players, how do you want to play it ? Law abiding, or off the grid ? IC, I think William has little hopes with the regular authorities, but would probably mostly play along. In D&D terms, I see him as leaning toward Lawful Neutral, I think. Probably...

I find all of this really interesting. Of course, very little of it would be in the knowledge area of Ilse. But, with all that said, I think there are. a couple of things that can be addressed locally, from NYC. While some of the things might draw us farther away - London, Cairo, Shanghai - a good bit can be accomplished either in NYC or Arkham (Boston). So that is where I would lead us first, before departing and going on a grand adventure.

I'll re-read and post later today.

My apologies.

Apart from the long scarves they're wearing, and the throwing knives, the cultist aren't carrying any other cultist symbols, including any tattoos or carvings into the flesh. The cult and the ship come down to time, you know where to look but it will take time (about a day) to track things down, and for the ship, you'd need to travel to something like Lloyds of London to track down records.

I'd suggest for now, that you focus on those clues related to New York, though I'm aware globe trotting isn't a massive issue here!

Thanks for the feedback. So handouts 5, 6 and 7.

#5 : NYC, Business Card for Emerson Imports, Mr Silas N'KWANE

#6 : Harvard, Miriam ATWRIGHT

#7: NYC, Prof COWLES

I could see William with potential tie-ins with all of them, with more or less stretch. Any favorite, gang ? I vote for #6, myself, though we may want to investigate 5 and 7 first as they are closer, I guess.

@solyrflair @Leliel so what exactly is our next step forward ? Shall we discuss it IG ? If we do it OOC, then yes, for the sake of closeness, we could try #5. William is a Sailor, he may have some contacts with Emerson Imports, for instance.

And Venni seems to have options there too.

We're in the evening though, so either we wait till the morning, or we go there at night to break in ? I vote for the morning (for now).