Apparently I'm that thing that goes bump in the night

SwordOfCaine

Why are introductions always so difficult!

I'm a 27 year old Slavic girl (no I'm not for Russia, place I'm from is too specific and small) with an independent business and busy life. Writing is my favorite hobby, with gaming being my second choice when I'm too burnt out to use my brain for creative purposes. My life goal is to be a babushka with borderline occultist knowledge and esoteric folk healing powers.

I am also well aware of the way my profile may look, the aesthetic I choose, but that's just my persona I show to the world and my personal, creative interest. In fact I'm sensitive and bubbly. I'm too positive for my own good. But don't let them know, that's just between us, aight?

Been a part of TTRPG and online writing communities for... Well, countless months at this point, as it has been over a decade for sure. At times, I took it seriously, but now that my life had become serious, I want online roleplaying to just be this exciting experience. Like when you watch your favorite show and you're just absolutely aching to see what is going to happen next, you're all giddy and impatient, end up screaming at the TV and probably it concludes with tears once the season ends.

Dark and heavy themes are just my bread and butter. I love to delve in territories a lot of writers aren't always comfortable or in the mindset to tackle. Themes about mythology, occult, supernatural and deep stuff. I love to have an existential crisis in my free time and I adore tragedies, because I'm an emotional masochist.

I've been a storyteller for several World of Darkness franchises for several years. Sessions were intense, vast and considering that it's not often the players like to play bad guys, I had always ended up playing the Sabbat Kindred, Black Spiral Dancer Garou and demented Pookas from the Unseelie Court. In the end, I actually liked to play the very dark aspects of World of Darkness, just considering how deep and unsettling lore can get. It's my one fandom that I literally never grow tired of. It's that one thing I always come back to. WoD, specifically Vampire the Masquerade, is my first and forever love.

Currently, I just want to be a player who will be GMed. It's not something I had a chance to experience a lot, but I am confident in my character development skills, considering that I don't like my character to have it easy and I want them to struggle as hard as possible. Not available for group roleplays, but I'll make sure I'm quite a handful for my GM!

My other fandoms that I absolutely lovelovelove: Lord of the Rings, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy VII (Crisis Core especially), Shin Megami Tensei's Nocturne, Game of Thrones, TES:Skyrim and Morrowind following as a close second. There's probably more, but my brain is not braining at its full capacity.

Anyway, I hope to make some friends and have some amazing roleplays! Thanks for reading :D

Welcome! Haven't we seen you around these parts before? Your name seems familiar. If so, welcome back! If not... well, never mind!

We've got new games starting up around here all the time. Have you checked out Vaesen yet? It sounds like it might be up your alley.

3 hours ago, cailano said:

Welcome! Haven't we seen you around these parts before? Your name seems familiar. If so, welcome back! If not... well, never mind!

We've got new games starting up around here all the time. Have you checked out Vaesen yet? It sounds like it might be up your alley.

Hi, thank you! The reason my name is familiar is because it's based on Vampire the Masquerade lore, otherwise this is the first time I've ever been on the site.

I am still getting accustomed to the forums, so I'll hop into the game whenever something captures my interest :)

14 hours ago, SwordOfCaine said:

Why are introductions always so difficult!

Anyway, I hope to make some friends and have some amazing roleplays! Thanks for reading :D

Welcome to the Weave, Sword! Intros can be difficult. I find it's easier when you don't think about it too much LOL

Anyhow, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to our Baldr User Guide, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful. We do things a touch differently than some other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Game Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways. There is much to be gained by going outside of the box, after all.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel, especially if you have questions. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly 😂

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki

21 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

Welcome! We certainly have plenty of cool people here, and if you are interested, the discord channel for the site is also pretty active as a fast way to meet and greet :)

Awesome, thanks!

21 hours ago, Vladim said:

Fellow Vampire/Middle-Earth (The One Ring rpg) fan here as well. Happy gaming!

Great to see! Thank you!

19 hours ago, Yamazaki said:

Welcome to the Weave, Sword! Intros can be difficult. I find it's easier when you don't think about it too much LOL

Anyhow, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to our Baldr User Guide, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful. We do things a touch differently than some other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Game Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways. There is much to be gained by going outside of the box, after all.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel, especially if you have questions. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly 😂

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki

Still getting familiar with the forums, I've noticed you do things here differently. Thanks for the tips!