Character Creation Rules

Sensibleshoes

3 hours ago, Inash said:

Should we just start posting or are we waiting for something?

Also, I was thinking of adjusting the hovertank to a slower, tracked tank to be more tech appropriate, but with starting on a ship, I think it makes sense to have it ride on an etheromagnetic air cushion, just much slower and closer to the ground than the robotech hovercraft would be.

No, you all have until the 30th to finish characters, I'm just putting up stuff early to let ideas percolate.

22 minutes ago, Svartalf said:

I know both my horses are etheriumechanical for one, and straight off magical for the other, and need no food, or much room, but I admit that I'm not sure their presence on a ship is any too appropriate

they can be stored on the ship and then used on the land-based part of the trip when you dock on the island.

I'm fine, Only Logan's equipment remains, and I can do that pretty fast, especially in 1666 when a doctor/surgeon's equipment can go in a satchel rather than in a van's rear... I may still need a buggy for the pharmaceuticals

Edited by Svartalf (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Sensibleshoes said:

Does everyone want some more time, or do you just want to start and do strictly RP until you finish mechanics (or we could do a simple universal d6 system rolls until people finish).

This would work for me, unfortunately, the flooding here in the NorthEast has pushed my playtime back some.

Yes. Sorry. I was working on applications for other games until we started.

Also, do you have stats you want us to use for the equivalent of the standard military rifle instead of the assault rifle listed in the book?

43 minutes ago, Inash said:

Yes. Sorry. I was working on applications for other games until we started.

Also, do you have stats you want us to use for the equivalent of the standard military rifle instead of the assault rifle listed in the book?

you can pick whichever stats you want to use.

If there's not enough interest, we can just call the game a failure to launch -- I'm seeing a bunch of partially complete apps right now.