Character Creation Rules

Sensibleshoes

7 minutes ago, violentprincess said:

There are a lot of weapon options, what kind of vibe are you going for?

Could depend on the character's origins -- stuff like has been mentioned above -- vril-energy rifles, etherum-powered 'rocket launchers', swords made out of ectoplasm, armor made out of exoskeleton from some kind of megafauna, think English Civil War combined with weird ghost-energy electricity stuff.

19 minutes ago, Svartalf said:

Say, are there equivalents to Rifts giant robots and power armor? One class I thought of giving one of the characters I'm working on is trained in that... should I keep it, or go for something more basic?

Something like that that seems more steam punky

download(111).jpg

Edited by Sensibleshoes (see edit history)

Oh, I'm well aware of the genre, I play a lot of Through the Breach
https://www.wyrd-games.net/through-the-breach which uses cards instead of dice, and is a very cool easy system, set in a similar genre, slightly more western perhaps but very cool. I can recommend it.

@violentprincess Well I'm a queen ant, very good with swords, and a bit of magic as well. but I'm skilled in a lot of weapons.
(standard equipment says I get 1 for each WP i know, which I think is 6)

So I think I'm looking for an energy rifle mainly, perhaps an energy pistol, a bow/crossbow, a rifle, and some heavy military weapon.
I have the swords covered, as well as a chemical ant spray and mandibles

56 minutes ago, 8w_gremlin said:

So I think I'm looking for an energy rifle mainly, perhaps an energy pistol, a bow/crossbow, a rifle, and some heavy military weapon.

I'd look at the Wilk's stuff in New West (starting on page 203), the 237 pistol and 457 rifle are just the standard 'good ones' and probably pretty safe bets. Warlords of Russia has a bunch of heavy energy and rail guns (starting on page 179), but if you are just looking for a regular heavy weapon I think the Ultimate Edition weapon proficiency section has some generic stats.

21 hours ago, Sensibleshoes said:

What is MG an abbreviation for? Other than that, yes-- it's a weird higher level of tech powered by spirit energy and vril beams in a colonial setting. It's a weird mash up of stuff.

MG=Machine Gun, definitely a level of tech that changed the nature of warfare and necessitated the trench warfare of WWI

1 hour ago, crowe9107 said:

MG=Machine Gun, definitely a level of tech that changed the nature of warfare and necessitated the trench warfare of WWI

Think more like a gattling gun, or advanced gattling gun -- like something larger and clunkier. Part of the issue is just the aesthetic -- you could use the stats for a modern weapon mostly and just refluff it as some kind of alchemical rocket launcher or what have you.

Edited by Sensibleshoes (see edit history)

hey @Sensibleshoes I have some setting questions:

Law, magic, psionics, mutant powers how do the powers that run Kamden treat those, are any illegal, frowned upon, etc.

How does the general population see mutant animals, What is the prevailing religion, etc.

Are there any settings or political things that we should be aware of?

4 hours ago, crowe9107 said:

You're puttint the cart in front of the oxen, MG tech predated WWI, and led to it being trench warfare

11 minutes ago, Svartalf said:

You're puttint the cart in front of the oxen, MG tech predated WWI, and led to it being trench warfare

Yep Machine guns were killing people in the Spanish-American wars...

Also word for Barbwire and Arty however.
The combo of all three is what really lead to a "No, you can't survive outside of a hole in the dirt" War.

Edited by DecoyGirl (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Llyarden said:

So on the topic of energy weapons, they all seem to be real expensive in Rifts-money-terms; how does Rifts money convert to AtB or Heroes Unlimited money? Is it just one-to-one?

Just use rule of cool to equip your character -- if it's cool and fits the character, you can basically have it -- I'm not really into coming up with values for imaginary economies.

12 hours ago, DecoyGirl said:

Okay so.
Question.

Umm the Mutant Animal character creation rules.

I only have the Heroes Unlimted books but I have all of them.
Do I just use the same rules for that?

I don't have those -- are they built with bio-e points in a point buy system and get 'level ups' called education?