Chapter One: The Cedar Forest

Jedaii

The Cedar Forest

Everyone:

The old injured man closes his eyes and lays motionless at the edge of the lake as the dogs begin barking less aggressively and the horses calm a bit ...

SceneNothing else happens concerning the old man. There's still roughly four hours until sunrise. Do the adventurers go back to their camp to rest?

Rhys "Shadow" Mirapeiros

image_2023-08-28_071043088.png.3ea287c4bc1faebb38c0eb65f2933a72.png

Stats
STR 12 WILL 10
DEX 18 SPD 13
CON 12 CHA 12
INT 14 PER 18
HP 23 Protection 1
Combat Stats Weapons Carried Damage Range
Total to Hit +4     Min Eff Long
Total Dam Mod +1 Short Bow 1d6 - 150 Ft 500 Ft
# of Attacks 1 Throwing Knife 1d4 - 60 Ft 120 Ft  
Weapon Prof Short Sword 1d8
Short Bow Short Sword

Skills

Read Tracks, Tracking, Archery I, Archery II, Scouting, Hunting, Survival, Stalking, Snare, Riding, Craft, Barter

Equipment

Light Warhorse, Short Bow, Short Sword, Leather Armor, Throwing Knife, Rope, Saddle, Bit & Bridle, Backpack, Hooded Cloak, Small Tent, Waterskin, Rations, Money Pouch, Coffee, Honey, and Coffee Pot

Rhys goes over and checks the old man to see if he still has a pulse or has in fact passed away. if he is dead he checks the body to see what he can see. Nothing goes to waste and the dead have no more need of material things.

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)

The Cedar Forest, night

Rhys:

Screenshot2023-09-11171725.png.f153f9862351c87cc7b65b998891398f.png

The old man stirs coughs and slowly turns his head to look at the adventurer, "I am not well, friend elf. You must help me ..." Then in a half-whispered tone he speaks words in a tongue unknown to the huntsman ...

RhysHe needs to make a Will save (11+ on 1d20)

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

Rhys "Shadow" Mirapeiros

Stats
STR 12 WILL 10
DEX 18 SPD 13
CON 12 CHA 12
INT 14 PER 18
HP 23 Protection 1
Short Bow Short Sword

Skills

Read Tracks, Tracking, Archery I, Archery II, Scouting, Hunting, Survival, Stalking, Snare, Riding, Craft, Barter

Equipment

Light Warhorse, Short Bow, Short Sword, Leather Armor, Throwing Knife, Rope, Saddle, Bit & Bridle, Backpack, Hooded Cloak, Small Tent, Waterskin, Rations, Money Pouch, Coffee, Honey, and Coffee Pot

As the Old man whispers to Rhys, he gets a confused look on his face as he does not understand the language the old man is speaking

Name
Will save DC 11
1d20 8

Thalgack begins to relax as Rhys checks the old man, his attention turning to the two as the man sits up once more and whispers something to the Ranger. (Perception check)

Perception

Name
Perception
1d20 6

The Cedar Forest, night

Rhys:

The old man speaks to the Elven Hunter in High Elven, "Yesss. Now my friend, I need gold. One piece will suffice. If you are truly without, then a handful of silver. Quickly - I am fading, my friend ..."

Rhys "Shadow" Mirapeiros

Stats
STR 12 WILL 10
DEX 18 SPD 13
CON 12 CHA 12
INT 14 PER 18
HP 23 Protection 1
Short Bow Short Sword

Skills

Equipment

As the old.man finishes speaking he without thinking reaches for his coin purse to grab out a gold coin. His unconscious mind is shrieking at him to stop but he could not obey, it was as if a blanket was thrown over his mind and he could not get out from under it. He even heard him self speak "Here you go wise one, hope this helps "

at this point he is wailing at himself to stop but was no use his mind would not obey.

The Cedar Forest, night

Rhys:

The old man's eyes widen and seem to light-up as he grasps the coin examining it with a grin, "Yeeesssss. I --" He sits up more as he looks out towards the center of the lake ---

Everyone:

The surface of the lake begins to ripple and swirl violently -- then the large green-black scaled head of a massive reptilian monster breaks the surface! It's wicked inhuman eyes stare at the party as its head rises from the lake on a huge scaly neck that's more than twenty feet long! Then - another identical head thrusts from the water close to the first -- and a third snakes from under the water hissing at the nearby party! A monstrous three-headed water-dragon begins creeping from the center of the lake towards the adventurer's campsite snarling and its large sharp ivory teeth gnashing wildly!

spacer.png

The Cedar Forest, night

Everyone:

A large thick cloud of fog emerges from nowhere shrouding the adventurers from the menacing monster! The creature pauses seemingly confused then resumes its slow movement in the direction of the barking dogs!

Map

Most of the PCs can still see heat signatures of each other, the old man, the horses, dogs and the approaching monster!

Kai cannot see beyond ten feet around him due to the fog.

The monster seems to be following the sound of the barking dogs at the shore.

Other than Ethraniel who's already acted, the other PCs can take actions now!

Screenshot2023-10-13092540.png.f0d9cbd033d154465c6d881bed532b92.png

To say that Thalgack is surprised by the sudden appearance of a water-dragon was an understatement: he'd been examining the old man again when...said individual did SOMETHING and a monster appeared from the lake. After a moment, however, he becomes suspicious: was this a conjured monster, a living creature, or an illusion? He examined the approaching creature as best he could through the fog, hoping to make that determination quickly.

OOC

Rolling for Detect Illusion, hoping to see if the hydra is an illusion or not.

Detect Illusion

Name
Detect Illusion
1d20 13

Rhys "Shadow" Mirapeiros

Stats
STR 12 WILL 10
DEX 18 SPD 13
CON 12 CHA 12
INT 14 PER 18
HP 23 Protection 1
Short Bow Short Sword

Skills

Equipment

Rhys looks between the Hydra and the old man. "Is this your doing Wise one or is it after you? there appears to be curiosity in his voice as he is unsure why a friend would do such a thing. He brings his bow ready though he was unsure it would be of any use if the thing was real.

• 2 weeks later...