Session 7: Down Once More...

GM Saint

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 5 

AC: 16+2HP: 60/60 | Hit dice: 4/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 0/4d8  0/1d6 | Action surge 0/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 0/2 | Adamant 0/1  Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

"Pervert." Ved observes. "Don't worry, my blades are about the only thing I take good care of. I'll do you one better."

Ved takes out a pair of whetstones and a leather strop, and starts to hone Praetorian's edge. "So a thousand years or whatever encased in stone isn't great for sword. How did you get these nicks anyway? Looks like someone has been using you to chop a pile of iron bars."

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a1/47/3e/a1473e5aaa1a8d1751ffd024df8a5b50.jpg

Draysus sits there. He doesn't stroke his chin or do the other normal mannerisms of thinking. Instead he sits there like a silent stump.

"So you're going to stop fighting monsters?" Is what he finally asks.

OOC

image.png.0d2bf1c6a4777346ef39bc7c9b9df1f0.png

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 1/5 | AC: 15| HP: 49/49 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 14 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Attacks: EB | +7 | 1d10+4(x2)

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 5/5

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o][o] (lvl2) [o][o][o] (lvl3) [o][o]l (War lvl1) [o]  

"I don't have much choice for now but don't worry... there's at least one more monster. The only one I'm going to enjoy killing." Her face darkens a bit but she quickly turns back to her usual self. "Thats dark though. We're supposed to be celebrating!"

Its about this time that you hear some commotion downstairs. A voice calls out, "stand aside! The King-Priests decree only prevents us from pursuing into the Vale. We've come to take no one but will defend ourselves."

Whoever it is apparently stands down because you hear heavy boots on the stairs leading to your floor. This suit is the only room up here... knock knock.

When you open the door, four men barge inside carrying a heavy chest. They set it down in the floor and open it, revealing a small mountain of gold and silver. The men are wearing the livery if the Carysand military but aren't knights. They immediately withdraw.

"Wait at the bottom of the stairs," orders a female voice. In the doorway you see a very lovely blond haired woman with bright blue eyes somewhere in her late twenties. She's wearing full plate armor with the sun-in-glory painted on the front. A sword sits on her hip, a shield on her back.

Aaliyah and Barkvin recognize Ser Dawn, the Sword of the King-Priest. "My men felt a great shame at their inaction earlier. I hope you understand, even among the knights, it is a difficult thing to ask someone to abandoned their lives. Still, shame is shame and they are hiring carpenters to help rebuild and they took up a collection. You'll find our agreed price in there as well as whatever else they added. May I come in?"

OOC: There is 3,500gold in the chest, though some of the coin is in silver. This is the gold mentioned in the loot threas.

Edited by GM Saint (see edit history)

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 1/5 | AC: 15| HP: 49/49 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 14 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18

Aaliyah perks up when the reward arrives. "Guys, this is Lady Dawn, Sword of the King Priest guy. Come on in! These are my other friends."

As she talks, she starts digging into the gold to separate it into neat stacks. She mixes silver and hold up as if they count the same. Her method is just to put one coin down and say a name, then another, and just go in circles...

"The mayor offered five hundred gold but I negotiated with Dawn here for five hundred each. So thats two thousand gold!" She looks around proudly, especially at Ved, who had inspired her to negotiate this way.

Edited by TheGospel (see edit history)

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 5 

AC: 16+2HP: 60/60 | Hit dice: 4/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 0/4d8  0/1d6 | Action surge 0/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 0/2 | Adamant 0/1  Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

"You did real good, kid. That's serious coin there."

Ved's hand flick over the stacks like a game of cards, ensuring each gets an equal share of silver and of gold.

Murdain ShattershieldMurdain3.png.a5d60e98af2a810e67d63571adaee46c.png

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 50/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 1/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 0/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 3/10 |💼 Inventory

The psion sat in the corner of the room closest to the chimney, eyes narrowed lazily, enjoying the warmth. He'd returned from the trip cleaned off decently well, though a bath would be needed later; being caught under the heavy rain wasnt exactly enough. For now he was content to just soak up warmth and ease his aching muscles, letting his mind unravel from the usual voices that he had to contend with to just barely audible mutterings. He could hear his companions and the possible problematic questions they were raising, plans for the future, but for now, Murdain was content to sleepily stare at the wall, killing as many thoughts in his mind as he could.

The arrival of the paladin roused him from his spot, and he made his way over, sparing a glance at Aaliyah's proud visage and making a mental note he'd had to teach her numbers and some other basic things he'd never considered he'd had to do given his clanless status. For now, Ved was on it, and he knew his numbers, Murdain knew from the dream. "Murdain, Ser Dawn." He gave a polite half-bow. "That there's Ved, Draysus, and... Nikoletta and Souris stepped out. We understand - please come on." He understood what an oath was, and what honor was. That was precisely why he didnt fault them - no matter what stopped their hands; fear or faith.

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

image.png.3d378821b1ebc03be46be4efa85efbdf.png.c9ea60af0e8e668ec25b62a840402668.png.11709216598f39c4d685ad0aa39f9dc5.pngName: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 5 | AC: 11 | HP: 36/45 | Prof: +3 | PP: 17 (22 for scent and sound) 

Saves | Attacks | Cantrips | Magic Items | Wildshape: ▣ ▣

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack: +7 | Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2 ▣ ▣ |   Level 3 ▣ ▣ | Luck ▣ ▣

Meek as a mouse, Souris approached her room, trying to be as casual as possible about the large sack on her shoulder. She nodded to the guards with a slight smile as she opened the door. "I'm back... just need a quick rest..." She said as she simultaneously reached out to Murdain. ~I've the cubs, they're going to be irritable, so some meat and milk would be great please~ Then quickly ducked into a side room, any room, whatever one was closest, then shut the door. Laying the sack down she leaned against the door with a sigh and headed towards the far side of the room before conjuring forth magic.

Darkness gathered and coalesced into a small black cat. "Please don't hurt them, but I need you to help entertain these little ones." She said to the conjured beast, as she emptied a sac of six legged kittens onto the floor.

Dice Ex Machina

Walking into the suite, ducking in a side room and as they will probably not be choosing to stealth, going to summon a beast for them to "play" with. With no commands it just takes the dodge action.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a1/47/3e/a1473e5aaa1a8d1751ffd024df8a5b50.jpg

The adventurers appear to have gained a whole lot of money. This is generally of great interest to their kind, so Draysus begins to despair of getting answers to his monster related questions. He pauses to think. Should he steal the money and hold it to ransom for the urn? But he doesn't even know how it works. Or if it works on other monsters. Hm.

"You mentioned another monster." He says to the small ex-spear-wielder, trying to steer the conversation back towards what interests him.

OOC

"Later Dray, not in front of company!" she whispers in a hushed tone that Dawn probably heard anyway because Aaliyah's talents didn't include subtlety. "So Ser Dawn, um, this was nice that you brought us the reward yourself but you didn't have to."

orcpirate(2).jpg.12104ac02f934c721f72d91272b3fe2d.jpgName Barkvin | Class Cleric 5 | AC: 19 | HP: 23/50 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (1/2) | Channel Divinity: (0/1)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life | Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (5/5) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (1/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (0/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS save), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6)

Level 3 | (0/2)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute), Revivify

The half orc moves up next to Murdain, he looks around and does not see Souris. He whispers to the dwarf, "Argh, I need to talk to you about the amulet, privately. Do you have a minute?"

Mechanics *

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: I would like to do a side conversation with Murdain to avoid holding anyone else up.

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class BH/Pal | Level: 6 | AC: 15| HP: 72/72 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 08 / Wis 10 / Cha 14
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [o] Aroooo:[o] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

Spells: Misty Step/Levitate/Dispel Magic/Bless [o][o][o][o]

"Barkvin, if I may stop you. I do not believe this is information that should be exclusive to Murdain. We have all bled today, wounds inflicted by the same hand. A monster is dead, more monsters remain in the world. It will be hard for her to hear this but to keep is private would not foster very much trust."

She turns to regard the paladin. "You took an oath and have kept to it. You are his will... perhaps she should heard what we say. Let the King-Priest hear of what happened here. Of the men from Carysand who began this by violating that most sacred law of the Vale that these knights are so afraid to test."

"I admit I had ulterior motives," Dawn confesses, inviting herself to sit on one of the lone chairs. "I wanted to insure it's delivery and to deliver condolences but I also had some hope of understanding the nature of this demon who has caused so much pain. It wouldn't be the first time the Shadow has challenged the Light's most devout but this is the first time it's come from the Vale and you implied it was personal. What great crime did the people of Carysand commit to deserve such an attack? Why did the creature linger here for so long rather than begin it's vendetta?"

Murdain ShattershieldMurdain3.png.a5d60e98af2a810e67d63571adaee46c.png

Class: Psion 6 | AC: 14 | HP: 50/60 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/36/6d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 1/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 0/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 3/10 |💼 Inventory

Murdain didnt so much as twitch a muscle when he got Souris' message, instead nodding kindly to Barkvin. "I've no issue with that, Barkvin. Just let me go get something to eat real quick, and I'll return. Please excuse me for a moment, Ser Dawn." As the dwarf walked downstairs to gather up some food, he'd overheard Nikoletta's words and frowned. It wasnt like he disagreed. Getting someone actually interested in the keeping the law would be good. The issue was, ideally, you wanted the group to be on the same foot before approaching strangers outside it - otherwise, the coherence dropped and it wasnt a fair advantage and was downright rude. He also didnt know this Dawn woman, and she might have raced off to Bolger and interrogated or executed him with the best intentions, or caused him to hide, which would not work well with trying to get information out of him... And Murdain knew very well how to test someone's limits and get information, if needs be. The psion's face twisted at the memory. Then again, Nikoletta probably could do just the same. If Dawn was not trustworthy, then things would be significantly worse. He hurried on into the kitchens for a pitcher of milk and a slab of meat, preferably raw.

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: