Character Creation Discussion

Arcticus

Hey everyone, quick update, I'll be reviewing the apps tonight and will make a decision by tomorrow evening. I apologize to those waiting on the mechanics review, the weekend got away from me, unfortunately.

Thanks all for your patience and I look forward to reading everyone's apps!

Hello everyone! I want to thank everyone for taking the time to put in a character app and for showing so much interest in my game. There were a lot of great apps and I wish I could take everyone. But the 5 who have been selected are @Landid, @Neopopulas, @Cairo, @Lonewalker, and @Aavarius.

Again, thank you all for the interest and enthusiasm. I hope to run more CWN/Shadowrun games in the future (and I hope this spurs the creation of more games by others ;) ) so definitely keep a lookout for new games in the future.

Happy to see Harry make it this far! Let's see how many posts he survives 🤞

@Arcticus To finalize my prep, can you confirm whether we get 4 or 5 weeks of pre-game time to use for Edges and Foci? (it's a meaningful distinction for Pop Idol's moneymaking aspect)

Harry's pre-game prep should be good now.

As for PC ties... Anyone who's lived in Seattle in the last couple of years and had access to trash media would have at least heard of Harry / P.I. Pinehurst. That could result in all kinds of opinions about him, but for ties we probably need something more solid.

Does anyone have ideas ready to go?

Harry and P.I. Pinehurst

Raids, chases, cringy drama - P.I. Pinehurst had it all. The reality series was loved across demographics, from the lower class getting to see fools punked to the upper class getting to lambast lazy peons. The corpers, of course, loved the production cost / revenue ratio.

"Tuf" handled physical security better than his liquor. "Vicki" kept the team geared up when she wasn't gambling. "Scratch" was in charge of transportation, often obtained through friends in low places. "Harry" was the face and brains of the bunch and a fan favorite. The show lasted for two and a half seasons, until a cut-n-paste job of an episode where Harry suddenly seemed to turn on the crew.

It was revealed to be an attempted PR hitjob when Harry and Vicki made public bodycam footage showing an all-out brawl between Harry and the show's producer, Ricky Riff, over cast abuse and lousy working conditions. Riff got crucified on Matrix bulleting boards, Harry was hailed a 'hood hero, and the corpers pulled the plug on the show.

Two months later and the show's most hardcore fans still follow Harry's vlogs documenting his gig work around Seattle, with occasional guest appearances by former P.I.P. crew.

25 minutes ago, Cairo said:

@Arcticus Where would you like us to continue OOC-discussion post-application period? I'm not sure if I'll be on Discord.

Discord is my preference. I see notifications and pings sooner than on the site and can respond quicker

1 minute ago, Arcticus said:

Discord is my preference. I see notifications and pings sooner than on the site and can respond quicker

Will there be a traditional, if slower OOC discussion thread in addition?

I don't intend to, no. I'd rather avoid having two OOC conversations going on at once and would rather it be one or the other. If majority wants to do OOC here (or is indifferent where it's held), that's fine and I'll set up a thread. Not my hill to die on.