Jump to content

Chapter 1: Orientation, Day 2


hoverfrog

Recommended Posts


Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo

Chapter 1: The Perquesite: Day 2

Magaambya

cbTrWOE.png"Morning, o!" Esi bobs her umbrella in greeting. "It’s only me today, I’m the only one of us who plans to join the Tempest-Sun Mages. That’s the branch that defends Nantambu and the people around the city from outside threats, big and small. Today, you’re going to help us with a very small threat. Some gremlins have gotten into one of the school’s storage rooms. I want you to get them out without harming them."

"I mean it," Esi adds with emphasis. "They’re sour little pests, but they haven’t done anything except throw some jars around and be obnoxious. The Magaambya doesn’t approve of killing anyone just because of who they are. A student was even expelled because of it, back before I came here."

"Between you and me, I don’t think anyone will mind much if you gave one or two a whack to the head, but get them out of the storage room and release them off the grounds—really, it’s probably best to release them outside of Nantambu entirely."

Esi pauses, "Oh, good job with the chicks yesterday. If nobody has already said so. Sorry I wasn't around but I was called away."

"These ones are called pugwampis. What do you know about gremlins? I'm not testing you. I don't know about all the different types without visiting the library and I'm interested in what you know already."


OOC Scene Notes

The dormitory map is in the spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.


 

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

 

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

 

Default Marching Order

 

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

 

 

Silas Foljet Thandeka Sun-Steel

 

 

Alandri Malfore  

 

 

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

300xp total

180xp from the aptitude tests.
120xp for the Ojofiri chicks.

 

Show Active Map

image.png.5365088fba56b64a6bc26be3f673dd59.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application SheetThandeka Sun-Steel


AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7


Thandeka checks on Alandri as soon as the quartet returns to the Spire Dormitory, but is told that the handsome elf was not seeing anybody for the time being. Saddened at the news, she returns to her room and prepares herself for the next day... and the next challenge.

After a good night's sleep after the day's exhausting adventure, the young priestess somehow feels refreshed and alert, especially after her morning prayers to blessed Sarenrae. She then bathes and grooms herself and prepares for breakfast. Dressing quickly, the pretty human looks for the others. After checking once again on the sorcerer's condition and receiving no updates, she meets up with Silas, Lilly and Kaikara as they go to the dining hall whereupon they are greeted by the smiling Esi Djana.

"Oh, thank you for the kind words, Esi. They are greatly appreciated, especially after Haibram's, um, rather harsh assessment of our efforts yesterday. And, oh -- gremlins? Pugwampis, you say? Well, we shall do as you ask, of course, but I don't recall much about such creatures at the moment. I may have to pray for guidance from the Dawnflower. Let me think about it a bit. Okay? Then again, perhaps Lilly, Silas and Kaikara here already know more about the subject? If not, are we permitted to consult a library for information on the subject?"

Mechanics/OOCFree Action: n/a

Action: n/a

Bonus Action: n/a

Main Hand: Empty (Scimitar in sheath.)
Off Hand: Wooden Shield

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Name
NATURE (Recall Knowledge on Gremlins)
16
1d20+7 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

DESCRIPTION Lilly is a small, slender fleshwarp. She mostly resembles a very young halfling lass except for her face. Her head is shorter that what normally would be expected, without having a lower jaw at all. Her eyes are half again larger than typical for the size of her head. Her nose is extremely flat and much longer than most but joined along the bottom. It works much like the gills of a fish in that it has vertical flaps of skin that resemble slender vents. She has no mouth and her voice comes through the air vents of her "nose" instead.

She favors black and gray clothing colors.

WiP
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngLilly and Moz
Female, Neutral Good, Fleshwarp (Created), Witch 1


AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +0/+2/+1/+4/+1/+1 | F/R/W: +4/+5/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4
Trained: Acrobatics +5, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Intimidate +4, L:Farming +7, L:Milling +7, Occult +7, Society+7, Stealth +5, Survival +4, Thievery +5
Untrained: Crafting +4, Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Medicine +1, Nature +1, Performance +1, Religion +1

The remainder of the day had been uneventful as being in a new place could be. That is to say, even the regular, day to day routines and common areas were quite captivating for the fleshwarped. Likewise, the night passed quietly, if a bit eerily for her as she still found the room quite enormous for just her and Moz. It was like being in an enormous cave by oneself where even the tiniest sounds seemed to echo about the chamber.

She woke early, eager to begin the day and join the others or at least be around other people, even if she didn't know them. Meeting up with Thandeka and their teacher for the morning Lilly greeted them both cheerfully. "Good morning!"

Listening attentively to the instructor she nods along with Thandeka. "I don't know anything about these creatures... specifically." She looked at their teacher slightly embarrassed. "If they're anything like regular vermin, like mice or rats, its easy enough to lead them away with bits of snacks..." It was clearly a guess but she wasn't wrong about the regular vermin she'd dealt with on the farm, it was often easy to lure them out with snacks and put them in a sack with a quick sweep.


OoC

Summary: ???

Reaction: ??
Action 1: ???
Action 2: ???
Action 3: ???


Offenses (Attack +6):
Dagger (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10', Versatile S)
Throwing Knife (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 20')


Spells (Attack +7, DC 17):
Cantrips

Detect Magic spacer.png (--; --; 30' emanation; --; Registers magic in the area)
Electric Arc spacer.png (--; 1d4+4 electricity; 30'; Ref DC 17; One or two targets)
Mage Hand 
spacer.png (--; --; 30'; --; Targets 1 unattended object of light Bulk or less)
Ray of Frost spacer.png (+7; 1d4+4 cold; 120'; --; Targets 1 creature, does double damage on a critical and inflicts a -10' status penalty to the targets speeds for 1 round)
Shield spacer.png (--; --; --; --; Grants a shield of magical force until the start of your next turn that grants a +1 circumstance bonus to your AC and has Hardness 5)
Level 1
Mage Armor 
spacer.png (--; --; --; --; +1 item bonus to AC,  max Dex mod +5. While wearing mage armor, you use your unarmored proficiency to calculate your AC.)
??? spacer.png (--; --; --; --; --)

 

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)
Name
Nature (pugwampi knowledge check)
10
1d20+1 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo

Chapter 1: The Perquesite: Day 2

Magaambya

cbTrWOE.pngThandeka remembers reading something about pugwampi gremlins. They are fey creatures that cause misfortune to nearby creatures by their very presence. The book had an amusing passage detailing how a group of unlucky heroes tried to fight an infestation of pugwampi but instead of driving them away they tripped over their own feet, had cloaks catch light from their own torches, had bows snap when they tried to shoot them and a lot of other mishaps.

Another thing she remembers is that pugwampis have an abiding love of gnolls. Their bad luck power seems to have no effect on gnolls.

The library surely has much more information on these gremlins if you wanted to spend some time doing some research on them.


OOC Scene Notes

The Mabaambya campus map is in the spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.


 

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

 

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

 

Default Marching Order

 

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

 

 

Silas Foljet Thandeka Sun-Steel

 

 

Alandri Malfore  

 

 

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

300xp total

180xp from the aptitude tests.
120xp for the Ojofiri chicks.

 

Show Active Map

image.png.6d74a5bb3524f9808071476a2afb4e92.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KaikaraMagus(1).png.730b3b5a3f97473d414b1e83492122e3.pngKaikara, Demon-tainted Matanji outcast

AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 21 | CURRENT: 21 | HERO POINTS: 1

FORTITUDE: +6 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5 | PERCEPTION: +7

ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.

CONDITIONS: None.


Kaikara listened as Djana spoke, she seemed much more ... social ... than Thodja, though it still ranckled her that they did not know why the market refused to deal with the students of Magambya despite the academy's efforts on their behalf. Still that was a concern for another day, today, the woman before them required them to remove some gremlins from the Academy grounds. Kaikara's great, ridged forehead crinkled in concentration, "Lady Djana, if I may?" She paused until her fellow student regarded her, "These Pugwampi are not field mice in one's grain stores, they are creatures of, some, intelligence, are they not? If released, and there is something they want in the store room, shelter, security, food, will they not return? Perhaps best to determine why they are there, and then what they desire." She thought back to Habrim's assignment yesterday, how details had been kept hidden from them, perhaps today's task was similar in that regard, "You call them sour pests, have there been other, similar, incidents in past? If this is part of a pattern, it could indicate a larger problem, and require a more lasting solution."

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:


Action 1: Recall Knowledge on Pugwampi (Nature Check)

Action 2:

Action 3:

Name
Recall Knowledge (Nature)
8
1d20+5 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application SheetThandeka Sun-Steel


AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7



Thandeka listened carefully to what her wiser friends had to say. Lilly's suggestion made sense, but Kaikara had a valid point. Before they could devise some kind of "bait" for the gremlins, they needed to know exactly what they found so interesting in the storage room. It's a pity Silas and Alandri weren't around because surely they would contribute something useful on the subject.

Then the human priestess thought about something she had read a while ago back in her village about pugwampi gremlins. They are fey creatures that cause misfortune to nearby creatures by their very presence. The book had an amusing passage detailing how a group of unlucky heroes tried to fight an infestation of pugwampi but instead of driving them away they tripped over their own feet, had cloaks catch light from their own torches, had bows snap when they tried to shoot them and a lot of other mishaps.

Another thing she remembers is that pugwampis have an abiding love of gnolls. Their bad luck power seems to have no effect on gnolls.

Finally she looks at her friends, especially Kaikara. "Anchor Root!" she then suddenly exclaimed, almost as if her tall classmate was telepathically speaking to her. "Maybe we should talk to her and see if she knows anything on this topic. What do you think, Kaikara? And you, Lilly? Should we look for her now?"

"And afterwards, we can make our way to Stump Library for more answers. There's a particular book that I remember reading once. Maybe they have a copy down there that could help us."

Mechanics/OOC

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DESCRIPTION Lilly is a small, slender fleshwarp. She mostly resembles a very young halfling lass except for her face. Her head is shorter that what normally would be expected, without having a lower jaw at all. Her eyes are half again larger than typical for the size of her head. Her nose is extremely flat and much longer than most but joined along the bottom. It works much like the gills of a fish in that it has vertical flaps of skin that resemble slender vents. She has no mouth and her voice comes through the air vents of her "nose" instead.

She favors black and gray clothing colors.

WiP
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngLilly and Moz
Female, Neutral Good, Fleshwarp (Created), Witch 1


AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +0/+2/+1/+4/+1/+1 | F/R/W: +4/+5/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4
Trained: Acrobatics +5, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Intimidate +4, L:Farming +7, L:Milling +7, Occult +7, Society+7, Stealth +5, Survival +4, Thievery +5
Untrained: Crafting +4, Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Medicine +1, Nature +1, Performance +1, Religion +1

Lilly nodded, "Sure, that sounds as good a plan as any I would think." With little other than that she shrugged before speaking once again.

"You know, I'd encountered some remarkably bright rats around the farm as a child. Like, rats that were smarter than my cousin Darin! He was pretty dumb though so I guess its not really a fair comparison, still..." Her voice trailed off with a tone of amusement in it and she winked as she giggled lightly.


OoC

Summary: ???

Reaction: ??
Action 1: ???
Action 2: ???
Action 3: ???


Offenses (Attack +6):
Dagger (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10', Versatile S)
Throwing Knife (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 20')


Spells (Attack +7, DC 17):
Cantrips

Detect Magic spacer.png (--; --; 30' emanation; --; Registers magic in the area)
Electric Arc spacer.png (--; 1d4+4 electricity; 30'; Ref DC 17; One or two targets)
Mage Hand 
spacer.png (--; --; 30'; --; Targets 1 unattended object of light Bulk or less)
Ray of Frost spacer.png (+7; 1d4+4 cold; 120'; --; Targets 1 creature, does double damage on a critical and inflicts a -10' status penalty to the targets speeds for 1 round)
Shield spacer.png (--; --; --; --; Grants a shield of magical force until the start of your next turn that grants a +1 circumstance bonus to your AC and has Hardness 5)
Level 1
Mage Armor 
spacer.png (--; --; --; --; +1 item bonus to AC,  max Dex mod +5. While wearing mage armor, you use your unarmored proficiency to calculate your AC.)
??? spacer.png (--; --; --; --; --)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo

Chapter 1: The Perquesite: Day 2

Magaambya

cbTrWOE.png"Gremlins have been a problem for a while," Esi admits. "I think in one way or another they've always lurked around, making a nuisance of themselves. If you can move them on forever, we'd be very grateful."


The school library has tomes on a variety of subjects. The Stump library gets its name from the building. Wrapped in overgrowth, the stump of an enormous tree squats on the Magaambya grounds. Its upper surface features several lightning scars, though it’s unclear whether these strikes killed the tree or occurred later. Windows, just visible beneath the concealing vines, are covered with thick films of dust on the inside. The vegetation around the door has recently been hacked away, providing an easy entry. A chain of silver bells lies discarded on the front step.

The library itself is not currently in use, the project abandoned part way through. Even so there are plenty of books here that are of use.

Most of the library is a mess of sagging shelves, old beds, and torn books. The library interior is unlit, though just enough light comes in through the dusty, vine‑shrouded windows to provide dim light throughout. The doors are all lightweight wood and open easily with a push; the latches they once held have all been removed as part of the renovation.

Fortunately the relevant books are easy to find and you quickly skim through them looking for information about the pugwampis.

 

You can make another Recall Knowledge check at +2 thanks to the library. DC 14 Nature, DC 12 to Aid so you're unlikely to get a critical failure.


OOC Scene Notes

The Mabaambya campus map is in the spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.


 

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

 

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

 

Default Marching Order

 

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

 

 

Silas Foljet Thandeka Sun-Steel

 

 

Alandri Malfore  

 

 

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

300xp total

180xp from the aptitude tests.
120xp for the Ojofiri chicks.

 

Show Active Map

image.png.6d74a5bb3524f9808071476a2afb4e92.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kaikara, Demon-tainted Matanji outcast

AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 21 | CURRENT: 21 | HERO POINTS: 1

FORTITUDE: +6 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5 | PERCEPTION: +7

ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.

CONDITIONS: None.


As she followed Thandeka and Lilly to the Stump Library Kaikara's thoughts drifted, the idea that they needed to confront and displace these Pugwampi, and should they need to enforce this decision with the creature do so in a way that wouldn't injure, or kill, the trouble makers. She thought to a time when a band of Ekujae elves travelled through the Matanji land, and, as payment for their passage, put on a performance for their orcish hosts. Kaikara, a young child at the time, watched with wonder as the elves leapt and danced about, twirling great lengths of braided leather that hissed through the air, changing directions with a loud, snapping, crack. These versatile weapons would allow one to control the movements of an opponent, guiding them with a series of fluid slashes, changing the direction of the swing with a flick of the wrist. As they moved across the campus, she thought she could acquire a similar weapon if they were forced into a confrontation with these Pugwampi, she could subdue them without undue violence, while still protecting her allies.

As they came closer to the library, she looked at her more, academic, companions, "I will be of little help in research," she shuffled awkwardly from foot to foot, "I never received much in the way of a formal education." She hoped, that, perhaps by observing the more intelligent of her companions as they studied she could begin to emulate the manner that they employed in their own studies.

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:


Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application SheetThandeka Sun-Steel


AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7


Deciding that it would be wiser to allow Anchor Root some time to herself before causing any undue anxiety, Thandeka, Kaikara and Lilly make their way to Stump Library first to research the creatures known as Pugwampi gremlins. [NOTE: Silas can join along, too, if so desired.]

In her childhood Thandeka had seen her share of libraries but nothing as grand or spectacular as that which Magaambaya Academy had to offer its students. The size, the sheer scope of volumes was breath-taking! And the smell -- the smell! There is nothing like the wonderful smell of books! It warms the heart and enlightens the spirit.

"Kaikara, dear Kaikara! Do not worry so. All will be well. Together as a group we will conquer this next challenge, so please help me locate the information that we are looking for. You start over here with this stack. Lilly and Moz? You look over there. (Moz, mind you don't nibble any of the pages now!) And I'll look over here. I'm confident that we will succeed if we all work together."

Mechanics/OOC

Name
NATURE
25
1d20+9 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

KaikaraMagus(1).png.730b3b5a3f97473d414b1e83492122e3.pngKaikara, Demon-tainted Matanji outcast

AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 21 | CURRENT: 21 | HERO POINTS: 1

FORTITUDE: +6 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5 | PERCEPTION: +7

ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.

CONDITIONS: None.


Considering Thandeka's words, Kaikara paced around the library, she didn't know which tomes would contain the information required, but instead wondered aloud. "If these Pugwampi's have been a nuisance, as Djana says, for a while. We should look for some lasting solution. If creatures are getting into the grain silo, trapping them and relocating them doesn't solve the issue that, perhaps, the silo is cracked and grain is spilling out." She wandered behind the stacks, pacing up and down the length of rows upon rows of written words, tomes, sheafs of hand written essays, scrolls, rolled maps. Ahhhh! Maps she understood ... she pulled some of these out, and began to try to look for causation, as to what could be attracting the fae towards the store room, was it located over some sacred sit, some connection to a place that these Pugwampi revered. She began to bend to the task, speaking as she did so. "If we could find a lasting solution, perhaps we could prevent next years students from having to attempt this same task."

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:


Action 1: Aid Another using Nature & Circumstance Bonus to assist Thandeka in her Recall Knowledge.

Action 2:

Action 3:

Name
Aid Another [Thandeka Recall Knowledge; Nature]
27
1d20+5+2 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo

Chapter 1: The Perquesite: Day 2

Magaambya

 


You find a book on gremlins in general and another specifically on pugwampis. The relevant passages read as follows:

"Mean, dog-faced, and craven, pugwampis take disproportionate enjoyment from the accidents and missteps of other creatures, something that happens often due to the supernatural aura of ill fortune these gremlins project. They enjoy preparing pranks involving spikes, excrement, pits full of spiders, and the like. Pugwampis are somewhat deaf and thus often yell loudly to each other when not hiding. Many pugwampis worship gnolls as gods and aspire to be more like gnolls, although gnolls hate pugwampis even more than most creatures do, due to their sycophantic fawning."

"Gremlins have an aversion to small bells made of semiprecious metal. The origin of this aversion lies in the distant past, a superstition where uneducated commoners would place the bells on objects or in doorways to dissuade them from entry. Although not magical the gremlins believed these superstitions had merit. A gremlin usually won’t risk tinkering with objects that seem to be protected in such a manner. All gremlins are hoarders, and their nests are cluttered with objects both valuable and worthless. Sorting through a gremlin nest can reveal unexpected treasures like pieces of jewellery or minor magic items, but care must also be taken to avoid being cut on rusty shards of metal, picking up cursed items, or disturbing a hidden nest of venomous vermin."

The first book also has a precautionary tale that immediately follows the entry on pugwampis.

As a young man, Uduak Basni seemed like a typical Magaambyan initiate. Born with a supernatural connection to the earth, he found himself drawn to the Magaambya. To the professors at the academy, Uduak was an obvious candidate for the school's education. He easily found a sponsor and was set upon his Perquisite to become a full-fledged attendant.

Yet Uduak had a selfish streak. The pull he felt toward the Magaambya quickly bred a sense of entitlement. Feeling that he was meant to be building his own skills at the academy, he felt resentful about the community service he felt was being forced upon him. He performed his tasks with little effort and little concern for the people he was supposedly helping. Cracks began to form in his mild demeanor, and he increasingly drew reprimands for acts of carelessness or petty cruelty. Everything came to a head when his cohort was tasked with removing a group of pugwampi gremlins that had started causing mischief within the academy walls. Ignoring the spirited discussions of his fellow initiates, Uduak used his magic to slaughter the gremlins like vermin.

The aftermath saw Uduak expelled from the school. It was the last straw in a long series of misdeeds, but the young man fixated on this one event, enraged that the school would rob him of his future over defending himself and his classmates from a group of mere pests. In his anger, he lashed out violently at the school and the teachers. His magic bounced off the ancient wards of the Magaambya like a pebble off a cliff, and the professors temporarily confined Uduak until the administration could decide what to do with him. Left to stew in his own resentment, Uduak ignored his guard's warning, drew on all of his strength, and attempted to shatter the spells that kept him imprisoned within his room.

Under predictable circumstances, Uduak's magic would have splashed futilely against the Magaambya's wards once more, leaving his efforts entirely impotent. Yet magic is never entirely predictable—or perhaps the murdered pugwampis got one last scrap of revenge. In an incredibly unlikely reaction, the Magaambya's wards rebounded onto Uduak with the full force of their power. So far as any teacher at the school could tell, this reaction evaporated Uduak on the spot.


OOC Scene Notes

The Mabaambya campus map is in the spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.


 

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

 

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

 

Default Marching Order

 

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

 

 

Silas Foljet Thandeka Sun-Steel

 

 

Alandri Malfore  

 

 

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

300xp total

180xp from the aptitude tests.
120xp for the Ojofiri chicks.

 

Show Active Map

image.png.6d74a5bb3524f9808071476a2afb4e92.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application SheetThandeka Sun-Steel


AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7


“Aha! I think I found it! It’s in this book here. Look….” Thandeka runs her finger along a particular passage in a small green volume entitled Colluphid’s Field Guide to Gremlins and Other Supernatural Pests. "‘Gremlins have an aversion to small bells made of semiprecious metal.’

Suddenly, as if struck by a bolt of lightning, the young priestess rushes outside of the library while the others stand around wondering what just happened. She then comes rushing in with the chain of silver bells that lay discarded on the front steps of Stump Library.

"Gremlins have an aversion to small bells made of semiprecious metal! Don’t you understand? If the librarian gives us permission, we could place these over the doorway to the storeroom and then we should be able to keep them out. The only trick would be to figure out how to lure them out of the room…. Now, how would we do that, I wonder?" She supports her right arm with her left as she slowly taps on her lips, lost in thought.

Again, Thandeka receives another epiphany. The human lass snaps her fingers in triumph! She points to another line in the Field Guide and reads the following, "Look here – ‘Many pugwampis worship gnolls as gods and aspire to be more like gnolls, although gnolls hate pugwampis even more than most creatures do, due to their sycophantic fawning.’"

She then turns and smiles broadly at Kaikara. “How about we get Anchor Root to help us draw out the pugwampis? What do you think, everybody? Do you think this will work?”

Mechanics/OOC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...