Playtest: Owlbear Rodeo VTT for Combat

9 hours ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

I'll try and get a post up either Thursday or Friday at the latest, work and real life are kind of chaotic with a job transfer, training during the day this week including tomorrow, and shift rescheduling.

Sounds rough. Hope the transfer comes with a pay raise or some other benefit.

unfortunately it's a bit of a downgrade, same pay rate, less hours by 8 (was doing 40 now doing 32) but I'm going to be cutting down on some of my other costs including my medical insurance in the next couple of months or so, so hopefully it will balance out.

Just want to let everyone know that I updated the Environmental Details and added more stuff to the map to match:

Moat*: 5 feet from the surface to the top of the bank, ????? feet deep

Outer Keep Walls**: 15 feet high exterior, 10 feet high interior, three-quarters cover from the exterior wall, outlined in dashed white line

Inner Keep Walls**: 20 feet high exterior, 15 feet high interior, three-quarters cover from the exterior wall, outlined in dashed white line

Rubble: difficult terrain, indicated with a white triangle in the upper right corner

Foliage: difficult terrain, indicated with a white triangle in the upper right corner, can be used to hide, outlined in a dashed green line

Boulders***: 5 feet high, outlined in dashed white line

Bones: not to scale (small and medium creature remains), not difficult terrain, and are there to visually show that they are scattered in that general area

*Athletics (STR) DC 10 to climb onto the bank, or DC 15 if the bank is difficult terrain

**Athletics (STR) DC 20 to climb, or DC 15 from a section that has rubble at the base

***Athletics (STR) DC 10 to climb

@SMARTAgentKC I know this is just a one-encounter playtest of OwlBear Rodeo, but I'm hoping this turns into a real game, and I'm hoping I might get to play in said game, and if I end up liking this halfling, I'm hoping I might have the opportunity to turn him into a PC for the game. That's a lot of hopes ifs. But in case it happens, I thought I'd try to clarify...

I've read jokomaisu's Compendium for this game and thought through the chargen choices I'd make if Enzio were to become a regular PC in this game. My opening post was my attempt to convey the idea that his Background is Slacker, perhaps with a bit of Impresario thrown in. He's a layabout with an outgoing charismatic nature. His comment (and internal dialog) in the opening post (and in general) is meant to reflect his goodnatured slacker's perspective, rather than mockery (snide).

Hope that makes sense.

It totally makes sense! When I read your post about Enzio, I had to stop and think, did we start the real campaign?

Perhaps this encounter will turn out to be a dream after a long night of drinking at Tutti's Tav 🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

Yeah it's cool I'm just playing the dwarf as a bit of a grump. to make a reference I'm kinda treating him like B.A Baracus does Murdock in the A Team.

Heh. Gotcha!

And I somehow missed that we have a dwarf in the party.

EDIT: Doh! I get it now. I thought you were playing your PC in "The Company" thread. But you're playing a pregen just like the rest of us.

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

Not yet, although this kind of information would be something that starts when the campaign does and grows over time.

The vast majority of clerics in Brancalonia would tell you that there is only one true god, the Ternal Father. The religion known as the Creed also includes praying to Saints, Martyrs, and Angels (both of which are numerous in name and purpose).

The rest of the beings (real or fake) that are worshipped are considered old gods and are even more numerous than the Saints, Martyrs, and Angels of the Creed.

This means that anything is possible when it comes to beliefs and faith outside the Creed (and within as well to some degree because their are factions).