Playtest: Owlbear Rodeo VTT for Combat

I'm planning to sneak up to the bushes and try to get a better look at what's ahead. How do you want us to roll checks such as Stealth? Put them in the dice wizard in our IC posts, or would you prefer that we just describe our actions and you make the roll?

23 hours ago, jokomaisu said:

Make sure you have looked at your character's inventory because I provided each one with magic items/potions.

Risking to sound stupid? Where do I check said inventory? Did i Overlook another link?

On 10/8/2023 at 6:52 PM, jokomaisu said:

Please use the Draw/Marker tool to show me your proposed path with a dashed red line into one of the dashed red circles provided for everyone. As an example of what I mean, I've plotted out 30 feet of movement for the Wizard.

Let me know if you have any questions!

I'm not sure which toke represents the Wizard, and none of the dashed lines look like 30 feet of movement (I'm assuming five foot squares).

The part that is most confusing to me is "...into one of the dashed red circles provided for everyone." I only see three dashed red circles, and they are already taken by the three players who have already drawn their dashed red lines. Are the only supposed to be three dashed red circles for the five players?

Assuming there's a dashed red circle for my PC, am I required to move to it? Can I instead have the rogue head straight for the moat and swim for the nearest breach in the outer wall? No worries if that's not allowed. I'm just trying to understand the situation. The bridge looks like an obvious place for traps or ambush.

I'm really sorry for all the confusion! This is part of my reason for running this encounter. I need to iron all this stuff out.

• I forgot to mention that the title for the encounter was a spoiler with more info 🙈
  • The token with the yellow ring is the Wizard.
  • Until combat begins (initiative rolled), movement distance is not restricted. However, if your character notices something during their movement, I will stop them there, and describe what was noticed. At this point, you can have them continue on their path or choose a new course of action.
  • The remaining two dashed circles (rogue and cleric) were positioned in the square below the matching token when they were in the white square. I have moved the dashed circle for the rogue to the square just above the rogue token.
  • In order to move a dashed circle, you will need to grab it from the dashed circle edge (not the class text in the middle).
  • You will need to show me the path your character is going to take and use the dashed circle to indicate the square they will stop. This will show the other players exactly where your character plans to end, so they don't choose the same space. Also, if there are any traps or things that occur when a space is entered (or attempted to be entered) your characters path will determine if they enter those spaces or not. It may also determine whether or not some other creature is able to notice you depending on your path and their line of sight.

Question: When you click on the middle part of each token, does it show the player's name and the character's class? What if you double-click on the middle part of each token?

Thanks for all the info. This clarified all of my questions. And yes, I can see the PC class and player name when I click on the icon.

Because I hadn't seen the map before the other players followed your instructions, I'd thought that you were the one who placed the dashed circles on the map--as predesignated hiding spots.