Once upon a kingdom

youngaberration

Valerie takes the time to begin putting food on her plate. She seems content to watch and listen to the festives. Linizi is current sketching in her book. Taking the time to get everyones look right. Jaethal looks at the food and begins to put some on her plate. While Tartuccio rambles on about himself. A new person walks in through the front door and while it doesn't become quiet in the room. Hushed whispers come throughout the room. The words newly appointed sword lord can be heard. The man looks for his nameplate before taking a seat at the table. "Hello. My name is Maegar Varn. You may call Mae or Varn if you wish"

MaegarVarn.png

spacer.pngHaughaloogie

AC18 HP 19/19 Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +3 Speed 25' (Mounted 40') 

Haughaloogie (Alchemist 1) 

AC 18 Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +3 HP 19/19 Speed 25 feet

Perception +3 (with Darkvision)
Languages Common, Goblin, Orcish, Draconic, Dwarven
Skills Acrobatics +6, Arcana +7, Athletics +0, Crafting +7, Deception +4, Diplomacy +4, Intimidation +1, Lore: Engineering +7, Medicine +0, Nature +0, Occultism +7, Performance +1, Religion +0, Society +7, Stealth +5, Survival +0, Thievery +5

Str +0 Dex +3 Con +1 Int +4 Wis +0 Cha +1

Items Chain Shirt, Mace, Light Crossbow, Saddlebags, Bolts (20), Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Waterskin, Torches (10) Soap, 1gp, 1sp

Weapons
Melee Mace +3 (Shove), Damage 1d6 B

Ranged (30') Bomb +6, Damage Special Varies

Ranged Light Crossbow +6 (Crossbow), Damage 1d10 P

Quick Alchemy action_single_black.pngCost 1 batch of infused reagents Requirements You have alchemist’s tools (page 287), the formula for the alchemical item you’re creating, and a free hand. You swiftly mix up a short-lived alchemical item to use at a moment’s notice. You create a single alchemical consumable item of your advanced alchemy level or lower that’s in your formula book without having to spend the normal monetary cost in alchemical reagents or needing to attempt a Crafting check. This item has the infused trait, but it remains potent only until the start of your next turn.

Formula Book Peshpine Grenade (Lesser)Alchemist's Fire (Lesser)Ghost Charge (Lesser),Elixir of Life (minor)Quicksilver Mutagen (Lesser)Silvertongue Mutagen (Lesser)Lesser Tanglefoot BagGiant Centipede Venom

Alchemical Crafting 

Burn It! Your spells and alchemical items that deal fire damage gain a status bonus to damage equal to half the spell's level or one-quarter the item's level (minimum 1). You also gain a +1 status bonus to any persistent fire damage Far Lobber (30' throw), Unbreakable Goblin

Additional Specials Advanced AlchemyAlchemyFormula BookInfused ReagentsResearch Field (Bomber)

Prototype Construct Companion "Gizmo".

Size Medium

HP 17 AC 18 (unarmored) Speed 40' (upgraded)

Str +3, Dex +3, Con +2, Int –4, Wis +1, Cha +0.

Perception +4

Saves Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +4

Senses precise vision, imprecise hearing, and vague touch senses, but no sense of smell or taste.

Immunities Construct is immune to bleed damage, death effects, disease, healing, necromancy, non-lethal attacks, poison, doomed, drained, fatigued, paralyzed, sickened and unconscious.

Skills Acrobatics +6, Athletics +6

Melee Paw Slam +6, 1d8+3 Bludgeoning

Melee Bite (finesse/agile) +6, 1d6+3 Slashing

Haughaloogie turns to Druknar.. "Did you know goblins don't live long lives? Indeed every day is something of a miracle, every hour a gift, every moment a boon. Some of the taller folk, yourself, Scrag, the lovely Valeria and some others excepted, seem to rather take their longer lifespans for granted.. if showing up for appointments as and when they bloody well feel like it is any indication." The goblin, not grinning now, seems a little miffed at Valerie not responding to his query as well as the unending stream of Johnny come latelies.

Out of the Box D&D Encounters, Series 2, #12 – “The Walls Have…arms?” –  Nerdarchy

Druknar: HP 17/17 | AC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +5 | Speed 25 ft | Perception +5 | Hero Points 1 Condition Normal

Druknar while waiting for Jaethal response says back to Haugh, " Goblins do live less but some of that has to do with wars, raiding towns and tribal infighting. Personally i live for the moment and take each day that is precious. Trust me I don't miss the traditional old ways. "

She'd smile, sipping from her cup. "Oh come on, I intend to live forever if I can. I got planar blood to work with. I'll see if I can put in a good word for you too Loogie. Regardless it's never a diplomatic move to waste someone's else, unless that is the goal. But considering how many different people are involved? Well honestly it's likely partly the case. You have someone from anywhere that might be interested in a colonial starter kit. Every power loaded ego that thinks 'they can do it better' (including mine) is being stuffed into one room, it's going to be a dramatic event to say the least." She'd offer Loogie a drink of some watered down wine, before she'd continue, "Regardless it's a rare opportunity to learn. Some of this is pretty masterful state craft. All these chess pieces are stuffing onto a tiny bored. This, is, fascinating. I think if you want a real treat though look at the negative space, their servants, not all of them are taken care of well, so it's easy to get details from them. Never mind if you can find ledgers and receipts depending on the area. It tells a whole story." She'd smile, after sharing a Chellish technique with Loogie and anyone else who was listening.

Out of the Box D&D Encounters, Series 2, #12 – “The Walls Have…arms?” –  Nerdarchy

Drukar saysto the chellish person, " Blake is it? the city lifestyle with the politics and subterfuge seems to be your staging/battle ground. I am sure receipts and ledgers are a way to know a person and what that person is to deal with. Me its about traveling with others, see how they do in a fight or conflict and of course how they are in their downtime, around the campfire or having a tasty beverage. "

Edited by dtspurrier (see edit history)

Davos "Scrag" Kir - Exiled Baron7bWC6Ih.png

checked-shield.svg AC: 18  | health-normal.svg HP: 20/20 | bicep, biceps, fitness, muscle, power, strength, strong Fortitude: +9 | sprint.svg Reflex: +8 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +4 | awareness.svg Perception: +4

Drukar might have been unimpressed, but Scrag's thick eyebrows shot up when the Swordlord walked through the door and took his seat, narrowing on the name plate as the realization hit him. He was long out of the game when it came to heraldry and titles, but even he knew who the newest Swordlord was.

"This is a bloody warband, whatever they got planned for us."

He hissed, turning to eye Valerie a second time.

"What do they... eh... your bosses have planned for us, exactly?"

spacer.pngHaughaloogie

Skills Acrobatics +6, Arcana +7, Athletics +0, Crafting +7, Deception +4, Diplomacy +4, Intimidation +1, Lore: Engineering +7, Medicine +0, Nature +0, Occultism +7, Performance +1, Religion +0, Society +7, Stealth +5, Survival +0, Thievery +5

Items Chain Shirt, Mace, Light Crossbow, Saddlebags, Bolts (20), Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Waterskin, Torches (10) Soap, 1gp, 1sp

Weapons

Quick Alchemy action_single_black.pngCost 1 batch of infused reagents Requirements You have alchemist’s tools (page 287), the formula for the alchemical item you’re creating, and a free hand. You swiftly mix up a short-lived alchemical item to use at a moment’s notice. You create a single alchemical consumable item of your advanced alchemy level or lower that’s in your formula book without having to spend the normal monetary cost in alchemical reagents or needing to attempt a Crafting check. This item has the infused trait, but it remains potent only until the start of your next turn.

Formula Book Peshpine Grenade (Lesser)Alchemist's Fire (Lesser)Ghost Charge (Lesser),Elixir of Life (minor)Quicksilver Mutagen (Lesser)Silvertongue Mutagen (Lesser)Lesser Tanglefoot BagGiant Centipede Venom

Alchemical Crafting 

Burn It! Your spells and alchemical items that deal fire damage gain a status bonus to damage equal to half the spell's level or one-quarter the item's level (minimum 1). You also gain a +1 status bonus to any persistent fire damage Far Lobber (30' throw), Unbreakable Goblin

Additional Specials Advanced AlchemyAlchemyFormula BookInfused ReagentsResearch Field (Bomber)

Size Medium

Perception +4

Senses precise vision, imprecise hearing, and vague touch senses, but no sense of smell or taste.

Immunities Construct is immune to bleed damage, death effects, disease, healing, necromancy, non-lethal attacks, poison, doomed, drained, fatigued, paralyzed, sickened and unconscious.

Haughaloogie, clearly suppressing frothing enthusiasm to get started on well.. whatever this turned out to be... looks from Scrag to Valerie, then back, then back again, and again.

Jaethal looks at Druknar and then at her holy symbol and tries to push it deeper into her pocket. "Ahh thank you. I didn't realize it was hanging out of my pocket. I normally try to keep that a secret when in civilization"

Valerie seemed to ponder. "If I had to guess. It's a power play. She mentioned sending out groups into the stolen lands to conquer it.

Hearing that Varn chuckled "Nothing can be simple with her can it. She's probably doing this to tick off the Surtova's"

Druknar smiles and says quietly to Jaethal, " you have nothing to worry about your secret is safe with me. In fact if we set up a team I would be happy if you join us. Anyway wonder who the lady valerie said about this she person in charge. I am not sure about this country politics. Now payment, adventure and wealth that I do know."

checked-shield.svg AC: 18  | health-normal.svg HP: 20/20 | bicep, biceps, fitness, muscle, power, strength, strong Fortitude: +9 | sprint.svg Reflex: +8 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +4 | awareness.svg Perception: +4

“A play around a Swordlord, eh?”

Scrag mused, picking at a scar on his unshaven face. 

“Interesting. Now, I’m just an old sellsword, mind you. But if the coin is good, I don’t mind selling my sword for Varn… heh… sitting over there. Are we waiting on someone before they explain, or are we just twiddling our thumbs while our betters are about their business.”

He ducked his head deferentially, a lick of humor to take some of the edge off his impatience. He didn’t appear to have a sword, which made the idea that he was selling himself as a sellsword a little odd. The man was an odd duck, to be sure. Though given the motley assortment around them, he didn’t stick out too badly. 

spacer.pngHaughaloogie

Weapons

Alchemical Crafting 

Size Medium

Perception +4

Haughaloogie, fidgeting while he chews and drinks, merely looks on for the moment, looking for all the world that he's taking in a show.

That was just his speed.

“When do we get to meet our host? Or at least.... their mouth.”

Representative? Gods above and Demons below was he getting old if he didn't remember the word for that.

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

spacer.pngHaughaloogie

Weapons

Alchemical Crafting 

Size Medium

Perception +4

From the way Haughaloogie is eating it looks very much like he's storing food away for winter hibernation. He's loosened the belt on his armor twice already. He seems to be only half heartedly listening to what's going on, which is a massive stepladder down from his focussed concentration only minutes earlier. He takes cloths out from a pouch, clearly an exponent of all have doggy bag materials on hand.