Once upon a kingdom

youngaberration

spacer.pngValeria | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Speed 25 ft | Perception +6 | Hero Points 1

Condition Normal

For a moment Valeria wondered if Synthy had missed her saying her name - and realized her mistake about the time Blake called out what Synthy was probably actually asking for. Although Valerie's introduction would probably have provided an excuse to reintroduce herself without making things awkward in any event.

She takes Valerie's hand, then Blake's in turn. Her own hands are... probably rougher than one would expect from the noble style she's affecting, but not nearly as tough as the warriors in the room. Unsurprisingly the most prominent calluses are along her thumb and forefinger, where her bow rests. "Valeria Krysova, yes. It's a pleasure to meet you as well."

Wonder whether he's just following up any noble names, or if he's actually heard about me. Not that Valeria really tries to conceal that much about herself, but the way he talks about his curiosity still feels a little too penetrating. For all she knows, that's intentional; the way House Surtova operates, it wouldn't be surprising if any of their retainers could turn a phrase just as skillfully as any tool they picked up.

And now she's paying a little more attention to the rest of the motley crew at this table, since Haughalooie introduced himself as well. Did the hobgoblin really wear armor to this? Bet he feels out of place now, poor guy. Looks like it's seen some use, though, so probably actually a good sign. Her own armor is probably much less confidence-inspiring, since it is quite new - but of course it's also not on her right now. Then again, Valerie is dressed like a guard, too...

"Do we know how many more we're expecting?" Well, their host presumably does, but they still haven't put in an appearance... unless it's Valerie, but humble is not a word Valeria associates with Aldori swordlords.

OOC/Mechanics

Go here

image.png.e08b7592e1c72545b581b78ca21978c4.png

Blake finishes his introductions with a final nod and a shake of Valerie's hand. He found it somewhat amusing that a Valerie and a Valeria should both sit at the same table and yet be so wildly different from one another (quite the solid grip, that Valerie). But it truly takes all kinds in Brevoy, doesn't it?

Such as that man just down the table, by the name of... "Scrag". His throat is cleanly marked not once, or even twice, but three times over, by what could only have been a garrote wire in the hands of Avistan's most persistent assassin. To bear the signs one's own attempted murder so brazenly... Blake almost has to wonder why he even bothers using such a blatant pseudonym, when anyone who might know it would surely know those scars just as well.

His gaze lingers, eyes resting on Scrag for a few moments too long - a thoughtless, amateur mistake. He turns his head suddenly at Valeria's question as though he'd been merely lost in thought.

"Hm? Oh - I'm not sure. Though the hall feels rather full as it is; I imagine everyone has already arrived, and are merely availing themselves of the company and good cheer, rather than their seats, for the time being... It would hardly be the first time."

Davos "Scrag" Kir - Exiled Baron7bWC6Ih.png

checked-shield.svg AC: 18  | health-normal.svg HP: 20/20 | bicep, biceps, fitness, muscle, power, strength, strong Fortitude: +9 | sprint.svg Reflex: +8 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +4 | awareness.svg Perception: +4

Scrag had found it funny that he was more at home with the Goblinfolk than he was with the noble, but that's what twelve years hard living did to a man. He did speak up when the lass with the fiddle case asked a question though, gesturing vaguely at the empty seats and name plates around them.

"Ehhh.... about that many."

He rasped, which wasn't exactly helpful, but wasn't exactly unhelpful either. He turned when the guard approached, offering to shake her hand and only wincing a little at the strength of her grip.

"Valerie was it? I've the misfortune to be named Scrag. Nice place here, but uhhh.... whose is it?"

It wasn't the House of Kir's, of that much he was sure. Or if it was, his sister had changed a lot of things in his absence.

spacer.pngHaughaloogie

AC18 HP 19/19 Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +3 Speed 25' (Mounted 40') 

Haughaloogie (Alchemist 1) 

AC 18 Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +3 HP 19/19 Speed 25 feet

Perception +3 (with Darkvision)
Languages Common, Goblin, Orcish, Draconic, Dwarven
Skills Acrobatics +6, Arcana +7, Athletics +0, Crafting +7, Deception +4, Diplomacy +4, Intimidation +1, Lore: Engineering +7, Medicine +0, Nature +0, Occultism +7, Performance +1, Religion +0, Society +7, Stealth +5, Survival +0, Thievery +5

Str +0 Dex +3 Con +1 Int +4 Wis +0 Cha +1

Items Chain Shirt, Mace, Light Crossbow, Saddlebags, Bolts (20), Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Waterskin, Torches (10) Soap, 1gp, 1sp

Weapons
Melee Mace +3 (Shove), Damage 1d6 B

Ranged (30') Bomb +6, Damage Special Varies

Ranged Light Crossbow +6 (Crossbow), Damage 1d10 P

Quick Alchemy action_single_black.pngCost 1 batch of infused reagents Requirements You have alchemist’s tools (page 287), the formula for the alchemical item you’re creating, and a free hand. You swiftly mix up a short-lived alchemical item to use at a moment’s notice. You create a single alchemical consumable item of your advanced alchemy level or lower that’s in your formula book without having to spend the normal monetary cost in alchemical reagents or needing to attempt a Crafting check. This item has the infused trait, but it remains potent only until the start of your next turn.

Formula Book Peshpine Grenade (Lesser)Alchemist's Fire (Lesser)Ghost Charge (Lesser)Elixir of Life (Minor)Drakeheart Mutagen (Lesser)Cheetah's Elixir (Lesser)Lesser Tanglefoot BagGiant Centipede Venom

Alchemical Crafting 

Burn It! Your spells and alchemical items that deal fire damage gain a status bonus to damage equal to half the spell's level or one-quarter the item's level (minimum 1). You also gain a +1 status bonus to any persistent fire damage Far Lobber (30' throw), Unbreakable Goblin

Additional Specials Advanced AlchemyAlchemyFormula BookInfused ReagentsResearch Field (Bomber)

Prototype Construct Companion "Gizmo".

Size Medium

HP 17 AC 18 (unarmored) Speed 40' (upgraded)

Str +3, Dex +3, Con +2, Int –4, Wis +1, Cha +0.

Perception +4

Saves Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +4

Senses precise vision, imprecise hearing, and vague touch senses, but no sense of smell or taste.

Immunities Construct is immune to bleed damage, death effects, disease, healing, necromancy, non-lethal attacks, poison, doomed, drained, fatigued, paralyzed, sickened and unconscious.

Skills Acrobatics +6, Athletics +6

Melee Paw Slam +6, 1d8+3 Bludgeoning

Melee Bite (finesse/agile) +6, 1d6+3 Slashing

Haughaloogie, having introduced himself to the room, sits back, his expression settling into something watchful. His cigarillo conspires to twist one side of his mouth somewhat, giving him what appears to be a perpetual grin. His metal mount, the size of a black bear, but looking more feline than anything else, clacks closer to the table on metal feet until it is next to its rider. No petting is forthcoming however, it being a machine companion and not an animal.

Synthy would take a moment to center herself, blinking as she took in all the conversation. A quiet moment processing she'd remember she had Valeria's hand and would smile back to her. She'd then have Valerie's hand in her hand. A curious contrast considering. Her big red spaded tail was happily but anxiously moving. It wasn't exactly wagging because it was twitching too. Neither dog or cat like, but kind of a mix of the two. While it did wiggle back and forth the entire tail was animated as well.

"Hi Valeria, and Valerie, nice to meet you too!, Scrag, Haughaloogie?" She seemed to pause to make sure she had the name correct, she turned to the bug bear, considering his lack of introduction, she simply shrugged and continued on to, "Blake," She said with a smile. "Excuse me, I seem to be a little slow, I think I might have drank more than I intended, I'm still good, just I think I missed a few obvious steps there. It's lovely to meet you all, to answer, I am a daughter of Chelliax, un-shockingly my mercantile family is low tier nobility, so they ambitiously wanted me dipping a colonial finger here. I'm of the Ruby Order but more by... Birth. Less that I directly worship Asmodeus. My policies are a bit more..." She'd pause for a moment steepling her fingers in brief contemplation, her brows knitting in mental effort and a heavy sigh,"I want to raise all ships including mine by raising the tide. Which I wanted to hope I could pre-empt any nefarious slaving colonizer presumptions. Then again an intelligent nefarious colonizer from Chelliax would hopefully be smarter than overtly approaching this?" She'd pause though drawing her hands back as she'd look herself over with a grin, a brief nod and smile of approval, "I did embrace the fashion though, the black silk and gold trim is rather flattering on me."

She'd look back to the party with a broad grin. "Have the groups been mentioned yet? I've been busy." Her tail seemingly calming down as rounded out her compulsive babbling.

spacer.pngHaughaloogie

Skills Acrobatics +6, Arcana +7, Athletics +0, Crafting +7, Deception +4, Diplomacy +4, Intimidation +1, Lore: Engineering +7, Medicine +0, Nature +0, Occultism +7, Performance +1, Religion +0, Society +7, Stealth +5, Survival +0, Thievery +5

Items Chain Shirt, Mace, Light Crossbow, Saddlebags, Bolts (20), Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Waterskin, Torches (10) Soap, 1gp, 1sp

Weapons

Quick Alchemy action_single_black.pngCost 1 batch of infused reagents Requirements You have alchemist’s tools (page 287), the formula for the alchemical item you’re creating, and a free hand. You swiftly mix up a short-lived alchemical item to use at a moment’s notice. You create a single alchemical consumable item of your advanced alchemy level or lower that’s in your formula book without having to spend the normal monetary cost in alchemical reagents or needing to attempt a Crafting check. This item has the infused trait, but it remains potent only until the start of your next turn.

Formula Book Peshpine Grenade (Lesser)Alchemist's Fire (Lesser)Ghost Charge (Lesser)Elixir of Life (Minor)Drakeheart Mutagen (Lesser)Cheetah's Elixir (Lesser)Lesser Tanglefoot BagGiant Centipede Venom

Alchemical Crafting 

Burn It! Your spells and alchemical items that deal fire damage gain a status bonus to damage equal to half the spell's level or one-quarter the item's level (minimum 1). You also gain a +1 status bonus to any persistent fire damage Far Lobber (30' throw), Unbreakable Goblin

Additional Specials Advanced AlchemyAlchemyFormula BookInfused ReagentsResearch Field (Bomber)

Size Medium

Perception +4

Senses precise vision, imprecise hearing, and vague touch senses, but no sense of smell or taste.

Immunities Construct is immune to bleed damage, death effects, disease, healing, necromancy, non-lethal attacks, poison, doomed, drained, fatigued, paralyzed, sickened and unconscious.

The green goblin.. is there any other kind, grins perhaps a tad more widely at this from the Chelaxian. "Yes Ma'am.. Haughaloogie. Let it no be said that gobbos lack a sense of humor. Haugh is goblin for the motion of drawing up phlegm from your chest and lower throat.. a loogie is what is brought together just before ye, ye know, expectorate, ye know gob.. spit.", he drawls nonchalantly.

"Beggin' yer pardon Ma'am, but gobbos hava liking fer anything which comes wae the expectation of green, except fer salads. Gobos, as a rule, hate salads and oil is no fer eating, it's fer burning enemies intae charcoal, or stopping the metal in the torture devices from squeaking to the point ye can't savor the pure notes of screaming." he adds, clearly indulging in goblin dark humor.

"Still, that's nay me. Naw, Haughaloogie is a 'civilised' goblin from the lands of the Emerald Spire, where by oor valor the lands of others are protected by what creeps oot fae there. It's as foul a place as ye are beautiful, Ma'am, which is tae say.. very foul.", he continues with the ironclad self assurance of one not included in a harangue against his own kind.

"Being fae far inland Haughaloogie cannae say Haughaloogie knows what a tide is, but Haughaloogie thinks Haughaloogie kens her meaning. Gobbos, for their part say the best way tae make things better is to sneak up behin' problems, stab 'em in the back n', pile their bodies high n' set 'em on fire. If'n ye kill all yer problems everything that's left is good. Just stands tae reason, no?"

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Out of the Box D&D Encounters, Series 2, #12 – “The Walls Have…arms?” –  Nerdarchy

Druknar: HP 17/17 | AC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +5 | Speed 25 ft | Perception +5 | Hero Points 1

Condition Normal

Druknar shakes the hand offered by the soldier woman and says, " names is Druknar nice to meet ya".

After hearing Haughaloogie speech he sighs and greets the chelaxian woman, " name is Druknar nice to meet ya. Haugh gets a little excited when meeting people." He moves over to find his seat as he does he makes sure his morning star is slung to not be in the way. He sees the woman with the violin and says, " hello name is Druknar nice to meet you."

"Well, Haugh, I hope I'll do better than salad and keep up your green expectations even if I'm Red. Also kind of. If all the blocks to happiness are removed, all that's left at that point is just simply to go be happy." She lip nodded with approval. Sometimes things didn't need to be complicated, but something did trigger her babbling over food, her inner hedonist was about to show, "Although I do hope at some point I can change your mind on salads. They're so diverse and a good aioli sauce does wonders. I've had some lovely salads with a garlic aioli sauce, some skirt steak thin cut or cubed, also works with ham, with grape tomatoes, some spinach, some lighter leafy greens like lettuce for texture, then some boiled egg, then splash a good diverse mix of healthy greens, and a little bit of citrus from crushed lemon and some pepper? Sometimes that can be one of my favorite meals of the day. Then again often nothing beats the simplicity of a really good steak. Medium rare but not too pink, cooking it in butter garlic and onions, charred on the outside for texture, salt, pepper, then let it rest as long as you cooked it I think? Something to that affect. Anyways the point is I will try very hard to make sure that if you're in my party, we will eat very well. As you can see I obviously eat a lot, maybe as much as our fuzzy friend her Druknar."

spacer.pngValeria | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Speed 25 ft | Perception +6 | Hero Points 1

Condition Normal

Valeria gives Synthy a rather wry smile. "My family's not quite so... keen on my prospects. I'm afraid I'm here of my own accord." She shoots Blake a sidelong look, but if he knows what her family really thinks of her, she suspects he's probably too polite to actually say it. "They're a minor branch of House Garess, and they've been known to be a little stiff-necked. I was on the lookout for opportunities to try something new when this came up."

She wonders if Synthy's actually as drunk as she 'admits.' She does seem to be babbling a little, but it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. Valeria usually has to watch how much she drinks pretty carefully, as thin as she is, but she suspects Synthy can put away heroic quantities when she's inclined to.

She smiles sympathetically at Druknar. He definitely seems a little overwhelmed... though that might be Haughaloogie as much as anything. Underneath Synthy waxing eloquent about food, she replies, "Nice to meet you, too, Druknar. I'm Valeria." Hopefully having her and Valerie at the same table won't get too confusing. It's around this time she finally moves her violin case out of her seat carefully and sits down herself instead.

"So, what brings you here? Did you just come with your friends, or are you looking for something in particular out of this?" "Friends" is a bit of an assumption, but he clearly knows Haugh, and they were talking with Scrag before, weren't they? She'd seen them looking towards her and Synthy.

OOC/Mechanics

Go here

Out of the Box D&D Encounters, Series 2, #12 – “The Walls Have…arms?” –  Nerdarchy

Druknar: HP 17/17 | AC 18 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +5 | Speed 25 ft | Perception +5 | Hero Points 1

Condition Normal

Druknar has a seat and says, " I was passing by in the area and heard about the call for adventurers and came here. I saw Haugh and Scrag were here as well and we know each other for a bit. What about you Valeria you here for the call for adventurers? By the way who is the host for this?"

Davos "Scrag" Kir - Exiled Baron7bWC6Ih.png

checked-shield.svg AC: 18  | health-normal.svg HP: 20/20 | bicep, biceps, fitness, muscle, power, strength, strong Fortitude: +9 | sprint.svg Reflex: +8 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +4 | awareness.svg Perception: +4

Scrag sat back in his chair, pulled up so that his back was against the wall, and watched the highs and lows of society gabber on. He was highborn, but he’d been slumming it so long in exile that none there would have guessed it. Honestly, even if he’d been trying he wouldn’t have been able to convince most that he was anything more than a charlatan. Which suited him fine. While he had dreams of a legend forged by his sword hand in the Stolen Lands, it was just a dream right now. Ain’t no one wanted to hear anyone yammer on about their dreams, least of all Scrag with his scratchy old throat. Dreams were for the dreamer, and no matter how interesting they might seem, something was always lost in the telling of them. 

So he sat back, and listened, and learned all he could of this mismatched band. 

Valerie finished adjusting herself in the chair making sure it could support her in her armor. Looking over to Scrag "It belongs to the current head of house Aldori. Jamandi Aldori. I normally work for her as a guard but imagine my surprise when I was extend a invitation to this gathering." She gestured to some of the other guest. "I have only been working here for a few months but have raised through the ranks pretty quickly" As she talks. Someone who been in the room but walking around from table to table talking and making company take her seat. A cheerful looking halfling her nameplate that reads Linizi

download.jpeg

spacer.pngHaughaloogie

Weapons

Formula Book Peshpine Grenade (Lesser)Alchemist's Fire (Lesser)Ghost Charge (Lesser),Elixir of Life (minor)Quicksilver Mutagen (Lesser)Silvertongue Mutagen (Lesser)Lesser Tanglefoot BagGiant Centipede Venom

Alchemical Crafting 

Size Medium

Perception +4

Haughaloogie, after grinning somewhat abashedly after Druknar's 'Haughaloogie gets excited when meeting new people' remark, which is nothing less than the God's honest truth, sits back in his chair, looking as if he thinks this is what he 'should do' when the host starts speaking. Still, he clearly looks to Scrag and Druknar to see if he's doing it right and clearly mimics both, which does send some mixed body language messages, especially since the little goblin is clearly a hyperactive green ball of energy, where his companions are clearly much more languid and laconic. Finding that sitting back in his chair brings his boots up onto the chair seat itself, he scoots forward again so that his legs are hanging down like the tall folk. All in all he gives the impression that his emotional age is about twelve, human age. Of course this impression of innocent youth is somewhat undercut by the cigarillo clenched between pointy ivory white teeth and the assortment of concoctions on or about his person, some of which might conceivably explode and burn the place down.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)
Name
Roll
1d20+7 16

Condition Normal

Druknar takes a drink and has a snack. He nods at Valeria(val) answers. The guard looks pretty well trained and a military bearing. His former tribal leaders tried to instill this but Druknar never grasped the formations and military drills. The exercises were fine but the plans and leadership never really made sense for Druknar, especially since plans can easily change. He sees the halfling get up on the table and she does not look like a soldier. Wondering if she is a "plus 1" or a guest of the host.

He says to Haugh, " yah your right these snacks taste great. Maybe they will let us take some of the left overs or maybe you can learn the recipe to make on the road for us. Believe be it is better then I usually bring back when we go hunting. "

Edited by dtspurrier (see edit history)