Chapter 3: Two if By Sea

Powderhorn

Stavard after another almost perfunctory prod for dangers ladles the contents of the chest into his bags.

What think ye of the skull? I'll sketch a picture for my own purposes, for that is something as extravagant as the revenants of the dead we have seen in this place. Is it a dragon, some other apparition made into bone to remind us of what the ages have ruined? It is beyond my ken.

Harlan walks over, and takes a look at the skull, also making a sketch. "Interesting... I wonder if I could get a closer examination of it." He says, approaching the hunting trophy. "Do you think we could bring it back with us? I would love to run some tests, see if I cannot find the composition of the bones, maybe determine something else about the beast."

Beitris takes one more look at the skull and shakes her head. "It is incredibly interesting, but taking such a thing is probably really bad luck. Imagine if the other wants it back, has been searching for it, longing to be with its mate..." She pauses for a moment and looks around the room seeing all the death that must have happened to leave this structure so empty. "It didn't seem to do these folks any good. I think its time to head back, count our gains, and figure out some next steps."

I would say there is some risk of carrying a curse from this place if you take those bones with you, but seeing that we be already purloining these weapons and that silver and gems and such, one more small risk is worth the running. Let us gather us the rest of this loot and quit this place. We can record our adventure in the settlement's log so they understand what we think the nature of this place is.